CyReN

Halo: The Master Chief Collection Discussion

lol, I know both sams pretty good, and I still confuse my self sometimes...

I guess the only way to solve this is game of thrones style...murder them both since they contribute to this site.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Fuck, I forgot Sam rambles is just rambles not just Sam. Either way, hello.

Oh yeah, based Rambles is still here.

I guess the only way to solve this is game of thrones style...murder them both since they contribute to this site.

I'm down for a cage fight.

Oh yeah, based Rambles is still here.

I'm down for a cage fight.

You don't get to fight yourself. Someone has to fight for you, maybe someone who looks like a hill.

Wow is the skill gap really that bad between Halo CE and Halo 2? :/ I feel like a noob now thinking I was good at a game lol.

Things like knowing when to force a random spawn for your teammate, when to drop your pistol for an AR for quickcamo, nading PW and PU and many many other things added to the skillgap and skill ceiling that weren't in H2.

"they said if YOU search for HALO 2 only and the lobby picks HALO 3 it will back you out of the lobby so you can research"

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

"they said if YOU search for HALO 2 only and the lobby picks HALO 3 it will back you out of the lobby so you can research"

Well, that sucks if that's the case. If I want to only search CE, I'm gonna be booted out of about 50 games before I find a lobby that wants to play CE. I really hope they just make a dedicated section for each game so I can match up against people who are also only searching in the specific game I'm searching in.

• Upvote (+1) 5

Seriously? 

Why don't they just do filters so you only search for a certain game/games so you don't end up in the lobby in the first place?

Do we really want a system that boots people before a game even starts?

• Upvote (+1) 2

Have you guys forgotten who we're dealing with here?

No, hopefully if we raise the issue in enough time before launch they will change it, they have acted on feedback loads on times in the past.

I hope that's not final. Imagine trying to get a game of H4 for achievements with that system after it's been out for a few months, lol. I agree that a filtering system or maybe a separate playlist menu should be used instead.

• Upvote (+1) 4

That's the overall goal. We obviously recognize that there are some people who may pick up the collection just for a single game, while others may pick it up for multiple games, and even all.

There is still a lot of thinking going on around Matchmaking, playlists, ranking, etc, and it's exciting stuff. Will be sure to provide more info as those details are locked.

Cool!

Please give us some classic CE 2v2 settings in a playlist! You know what they are and what they mean to the old CE fans and peole who want to experience them for the first time on XBL... :)

• Upvote (+1) 4

They should at least add the most popular playlists into each game so we can search that playlist in that game only, they don't have to add swat, team objective etc... all in, just the popular ones, team slayer dubs hardcore, say 3 playlists per game and keep the option where you vote for which game and gametype you want to play separate.

The playlist have to be condensed big time. Already going to have a split population, and with the more playlist options it will be even more split.

• Upvote (+1) 1

since they played those settings when they streamed I'm pretty sure they know whats up

wait they played h1 on MCC?

This. Must. Change.

• Upvote (+1) 2

since they played those settings when they streamed I'm pretty sure they know whats up

Who streamed what, when?

So you go in with a preference(like good connection, teamwork, etc but with games) and if the voting doesn't meet that preference it kicks you out and searches again? ehhh

I might have to wait for official confirmation seeing as that guy is only marketing but if that's true then I hope it changes before release.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Surely they are smart enough to put a system in place that will match players that are searching for only Halo 2 against other players that are only searching for Halo 2.

Eu people probably wont play on US Servers... So it will be fine.

A lot of people I play Halo with are from the US :P