CyReN

Halo: The Master Chief Collection Discussion

i just can't wait to actually try again... cuz we all know nobody tried in halo reach and halo 4 MM

• Upvote (+1) 1

That's the overall goal. We obviously recognize that there are some people who may pick up the collection just for a single game, while others may pick it up for multiple games, and even all.

There is still a lot of thinking going on around Matchmaking, playlists, ranking, etc, and it's exciting stuff. Will be sure to provide more info as those details are locked.

Any comment on the possibility of spectator mode yet? If you told me it 100% would not, i wouldn't even be upset at this point, but im still holding out hope.

That's the overall goal. We obviously recognize that there are some people who may pick up the collection just for a single game, while others may pick it up for multiple games, and even all.

There is still a lot of thinking going on around Matchmaking, playlists, ranking, etc, and it's exciting stuff. Will be sure to provide more info as those details are locked.

As long as there's a Doubles Pro playlist for h1 from day one, we'll be good ;]

Considering 98% of the Halo CE played between 2005 and 2014 on LAN and XBC used the same settings (ts50, no radar/5secSpawn/5secPenalty/normal-generic) on the same maps, it would be an absolute travesty to not give it a dedicated playlist from launch. To take the trend from recent Halos and make 2v2 games to 25 or 30 kills or include radar, etc would be just heartbreaking.

Please!

• Upvote (+1) 9

So I saw a link posting this thread and it says Rankings system was confirmed. Where is that info coming from exactly??

So I saw a link posting this thread and it says Rankings system was confirmed. Where is that info coming from exactly??

I doubt this will happen, but I really hope they make the Halo 3 BR hitscan, I know it was really only as big of an issue because of the online element, which will be fixed by dedicated servers. It is going to be so awkward going from Halo 2's BR, or even Halo 4's to having to lead your shots. It's going to give the people who play Halo 3 more a real edge against others, which isn't really a bad thing. But I can't be the only one who would like to see this.

No need for cheap hitscan if you have Dedicated Servers now.

Halo 3 will be awesome without Host advantage :D Cant wait to play H3 again and of course the other Halos too. 60fps will be awesome.

• Upvote (+1) 5

Really hoping the skill ranking is kept separate for each Halo.  Can't wait to see what you do!

• Upvote (+1) 1

Is anyone concerned that this will spread Halo players out even thinner. Some will go over to XBox One and other will stay on 360. I have to wonder if this is a marketing ploy by Miscrosoft to expedite XBox One sales? Is this really better for the game?

Are you afraid that MCC is going to split the halo 4 population in half?

Halo 3 will be awesome without Host advantage :D Cant wait to play H3 again and of course the other Halos too. 60fps will be awesome.

I find it funny how everyone thinks the latency issues with h3 will disappear because of dedicated servers

I find it funny how everyone thinks the latency issues with h3 will disappear because of dedicated servers

Eu people probably wont play on US Servers... So it will be fine.

Eu people probably wont play on US Servers... So it will be fine.

I don't think it will be. Yes no more EU vs US will be great, but that does't mean much when the latency affected so much, even on good hosts, in halo 3. I can see my bullets and rockets disappearing mid air already. Don't get me wrong, I love h3. It was the first halo game that i owned and played religiously (farted about on h2/ce in a friends house) but I just can't see the latency issues disappearing. But sure who really cares when we're getting multiplayer for halo 2/ce. :)  Cannot wait to get stuck into them  :D      

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 2

hitscan just means no bullet travel and even on dedicated server bullet travel is a pain to deal with.

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 1

As long as there's a Doubles Pro playlist for h1 from day one, we'll be good ;]

Considering 98% of the Halo CE played between 2005 and 2014 on LAN and XBC used the same settings (ts50, no radar/5secSpawn/5secPenalty/normal-generic) on the same maps, it would be an absolute travesty to not give it a dedicated playlist from launch. To take the trend from recent Halos and make 2v2 games to 25 or 30 kills or include radar, etc would be just heartbreaking.

Please!

pretty please

edit: The pick above still doesn't say anything about system link, it will be so bittersweet if this game ships without that.

The ability to run an xbox as a dedicated system link custom game server would be a million times better than no system link at all.

hitscan just means no bullet travel and even on dedicated server bullet travel is a pain to deal with.

I know what Hitscan is, but i prefer no hitscan...

• Upvote (+1) 1

Guys, guys. 2v2. CE. Boarding Action. Snipers only....online. If there is a God, this will happen on Nov. 11.

Tweet 343 and tell them to put dat in!!!

• Upvote (+1) 1

So I have a crazy theory about the Halo 2 Anniversary mode and Forge.

Obviously there isn't a way for us to forge on Halo 1 or Halo 2's default engines. 

And there isn't a way to play Halo 2 on Damnation.

However in the polygon interview with 343: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IMEpalBx00o#t=870 
at about 14:00 A question is asked regarding Forging older items into future games. 

Dan responds with a big grin and basically tells him to wait and be surprised.

I have an Idea that the Halo 2 Anniversary engine is an engine built specifically to adhere to forge. 

The default settings will be a "revamped H2" but with forge we could alter certain mechanics and items from other games into it.

So if for some reason I wanted the CE pistol or H2 BR On H3s' The Pit with H4's thruster pack, it might be possible (h4 thruster was an example..) 

And to kind of really stretch creativity lets say you couldput together, the CE spawn system, with H2 button combo's on halo 3's netcode.
now these are terrible examples but could you imagine the possibilities?? 

Still even if this bizarre theory is true, im still gonna be playing CE 98% of the time.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Tell me how you feel about having bumper jumper in H1 and H2 or tell me how you feel about NOT having them in those games as i think its still unknown what we will see from 343 when it comes to this.

Has anything been said about control setting for MCC ?