CyReN

Halo: The Master Chief Collection Discussion

So how will matchmaking work for the MCC? Will there be one playlist hopper where you vote for the un-remastered games like Halo CE, 3, or 4 and one playlist specifically for the Halo 2 Anniversary? 

Today has been a rough one at work, then I re-watched the MCC reveal, all is good.

Day saved.

So how will matchmaking work for the MCC? Will there be one playlist hopper where you vote for the un-remastered games like Halo CE, 3, or 4 and one playlist specifically for the Halo 2 Anniversary? 

It seems that each playlist will be either one specific game or a mix of games.

I like the idea.  It means people can go back and forth between their favorite games and a mix of all games without issues.

I love the deal but I can't help but feel like Reach was left out. I know the campaigns revolve around MC but in the end Spartan 6 had to deliver Cortana to The Pillar of Autumn to aid the MC.

LOL. 

From what I can tell, I don't think they know yet either. They may still be experimenting with it.

Which imo, that would be cool. Having a basic Spectator Mode in MCC just to see how they can improve it or amplify the feature. 

Bravo tweeted saying that they're "planning" on making specific game searching possible. 

I will be 27 by the time the MCC is released, I have a wife and a newborn, but you best believe I'll be taking off work for a few days to take grind my face off.

No shame to game.

• Upvote (+1) 6

I know everyone wants Halo 2 untouched but there are a few things that should be addressed that would benefit Halo 2. First would be voice chat, make it like Halo 3 so you didn't have to press a button to talk the whole time. From another standpoint they want people to interact with others so Halo CE and Halo 2 voice chat just doesn't work if you want to grow relationships in the game. This is one thing I think they will adjust regardless because of all the games being in a single playlist. Another I think they will address is Service Tags and symbols. I think they should have Halo 4 type service tags and have all the symbols from every game. Being able to see someone name is much easier than trying to identify someone by a symbol. Also them putting in all the symbols to the game doesn't seem like it it could be that difficult but who knows. I'm eager to see what others think about these two topics. 

I know everyone wants Halo 2 untouched but there are a few things that should be addressed that would benefit Halo 2. First would be voice chat, make it like Halo 3 so you didn't have to press a button to talk the whole time. From another standpoint they want people to interact with others so Halo CE and Halo 2 voice chat just doesn't work if you want to grow relationships in the game. This is one thing I think they will adjust regardless because of all the games being in a single playlist. Another I think they will address is Service Tags and symbols. I think they should have Halo 4 type service tags and have all the symbols from every game. Being able to see someone name is much easier than trying to identify someone by a symbol. Also them putting in all the symbols to the game doesn't seem like it it could be that difficult but who knows. I'm eager to see what others think about these two topics. 

I don't care about armour, but having the emblems and colours from the later games would be  :goat:

I love the deal but I can't help but feel like Reach was left out. I know the campaigns revolve around MC but in the end Spartan 6 had to deliver Cortana to The Pillar of Autumn to aid the MC.

No one would play it. H4 being in is basically just a formality at this point.

I don't think it'll be much of an issue. I am sure there is always the XB1 party chat if it is a huge deal. I liked H2 voice back then. Even if you couldn't talk when dead to your alive teammates.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I doubt this will happen, but I really hope they make the Halo 3 BR hitscan, I know it was really only as big of an issue because of the online element, which will be fixed by dedicated servers. It is going to be so awkward going from Halo 2's BR, or even Halo 4's to having to lead your shots. It's going to give the people who play Halo 3 more a real edge against others, which isn't really a bad thing. But I can't be the only one who would like to see this.

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 6

In the main article is says that forge will be available for H2:A, well this is true it is misleading.  Dan Ayoub said that it will only be available for the 6 remastered maps.

I wonder why the internet doesn't like them? I've always enjoyed Polygon over any other site, they cover the news better and put more thought into their articles.

Polygon has been writing a lot of articles about women recently, gamers don't like women so yeah. :lxthul:

In the main article is says that forge will be available for H2:A, well this is true it is misleading.  Dan Ayoub said that it will only be available for the 6 remastered maps.

The original maps are just known as Halo 2, because they are unaltered. Halo 2 Anniversary is just the new campaign remaster and the 6 remastered maps (which will be on a new engine).

• Upvote (+1) 1

I think it's going to be a problem when people accuse me of having a nodded controller when I quadshot frequently with my long fingers. :/

I'm just so excited that everyone is coming back, matchmaking will be filled with tons great players...if they get the ranking system right.

Every H2 montage ever.

Halo won't be back until its players have bad taste in music.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I think it's going to be a problem when people accuse me of having a nodded controller when I quadshot frequently with my long fingers. :/

I'm expecting the remastered maps won't have the glitches for that reason. Actually a clever enough way of offering both experiences, gj 343.