CyReN

Halo: The Master Chief Collection Discussion

Was there any stopping power when you were shooting someone while they sprinted in the beta? I know H4 had this. It didn't feel like there was any when I played.

If you get shot before you enter the 'max speed' on Sprint, you will stop Sprinting. 

Nothing stops you or slows you down once you're going full speed.

Well MCC thread... the MCC being fixed is my last hope of having any Halo in my life.

Agreed, MCC is our only hope

But the sad thing is even if they do fix the game, the population is already DEAD

But the sad thing is even if they do fix the game, the population is already DEAD

It may rebound slightly if word gets out its fixed but ya, its pretty much gone.

I used to play some BF4 on the pc, how did the population change after most of the issues got sorted out? Really Microsoft needs to drop the price on this broken garbage to help the population out some more when it finally gets fixed.

• Reduce top sprint speed (narrow the delta between base movement and sprint)

You will still sprint at the same speed, however the difference in base speed and sprint speed has been reduced due to them increasing base movement speed. So you will feel like you are running slower due to the smaller difference in base/sprint speeds, but you will still be sprinting at the same speed as you did in the beta. That is the way I read the statement at least.

• Downvote (-1) 2

If you get shot before you enter the 'max speed' on Sprint, you will stop Sprinting. 

Nothing stops you or slows you down once you're going full speed.

So much for being a supersoldier... amiright guys?  :kappa:

Those are definitely big improvements but I doubt it will be enough to save Halo 5.

I think those improvements, with no sprint/abilities custom games, would be a blast.

I think those improvements, with no sprint/abilities custom games, would be a blast.

Maps are too big in my opinion. They're designing maps with sprint and the other abilities in mind, so maps are generally going to be a good bit bigger than maps in the previous games. I don't really have time for custom games these days, matchmaking is it for me. And I doubt that there will be playlist without sprint or other abilities.

Maps are too big in my opinion. They're designing maps with sprint and the other abilities in mind, so maps are generally going to be a good bit bigger than maps in the previous games. I don't really have time for custom games these days, matchmaking is it for me. And I doubt that there will be playlist without sprint or other abilities.

Definitely, but we're talking about custom games here. If i buy the game, i will actively be creating maps suited for traditional halo, or whatever the popular NS settings end up being. I will do my best at churning them out.

There is no hope of it being back to post launch pop, we might see it climb to about 50k but my guess is the game will pretty much turn out the same way H3 did when it became free it'll have a decent pop then it'll slowly and surely decrease, 343 just destroyed all hype within the minds of so many fans... How disappointing.

Finally got a game of Sandtrap CTF that didn't crash, didn't lag and had pretty balanced teams. Most fun I've had on MCC in awhile for about 7 minutes until the game ended. 

Increased base speed without removing Sprint is going to be even worse.

They decreased the top sprint speed. So would imagine sprinting will still be the same but without speinting you move faster now.

Two weeks after they delayed the CU beta and still no word.  :trash:

As far as population, it sucks, but as long as we can get games in the high levels it doesn't really matter. It's not like you would match those people anyway.

That feel when everyone is selling their xboxes ...

Not a good feel

Such a shame a collection like this has failed. I keep losing passion for Halo.

The only way to maybe get some population back after it has been fixed is just giving it away with games for gold for a month.

Quick question for you guys. How many of yall have sold or are planning on selling your kinect? I initially loved it and used it to open messages, record clips, and turn on my x1. I am now on the fence whether I am going to sell it or not. What do you guys think? I can get $100usd for it. 

Edit: Just noticed there is already a thread about it, my bad. Feel free to delete this post.

I know Bungie made Halo Reach but I would honestly give them another chance over 343 at this point.

• Upvote (+1) 3

I assume the Josh Holmes blog was meant to distract us for a bit while they're still working on the patch. We're probably not going to hear another update/ETA about it until next week sometime. At the very least we should get it some time this month. Feels like forever doesn't it? Haha. I sincerely hope they add some in-game fixes soon because I only play CE and H2C and CE's anti-aim makes me want to pull my eyes from my socket and H2C shot registration is so trash lol... It's actually bad that I'm starting to get really used to the registration.

I just hate that EVERYYYYYY game everyone on the other team quits when they're down by like 8 in the beginning of the game. My god it's so annoying how much these new age Halo players quit so god damn much. Take your ass whooping already ffs.

Quick question for you guys. How many of yall have sold or are planning on selling your kinect? I initially loved it and used it to open messages, record clips, and turn on my x1. I am now on the fence whether I am going to sell it or not. What do you guys think? I can get $100usd for it. 

I'm keeping it now purely for Xbox Fitness, only tried it once and it's great for something that is free for Gold users.

If you don't plan on using it (can't blame you, it is almost useless) then sell it. Most, if not all commands can be done on the console with a controller now.