CyReN

Halo: The Master Chief Collection Discussion

I hope that's not the case, although I cant see how they could stop modded controllers from having a big advantage.

Kyleeeeee, get that xbox one!!!!

Also, jumping beatdowns ftw!

hey dawwwwg, I'm also confused as to why I saw bloom around the sniper shot in that gameplay. The halo 2 sniper never had that

hey dawwwwg, I'm also confused as to why I saw bloom around the sniper shot in that gameplay. The halo 2 sniper never had that

It's a visual thing for the fire rate

I just saw a video on YouTube asking if aim-down-sights should be in Halo 5, and there were loads of comments from people saying "yes it should, if you don't like it then you don't have to use it..."

Seriously, kill me now...

• Upvote (+1) 1

Can someone explain to me how "up-rezzing" works? Frankie said that superbounces probably wouldn't work because the geometry of the maps would be modified - doesn't that imply that the map textures are being 're-skinned', as it were? Or are they just taking a pixel and turning it into 4 new pixels or something like that? I don't know much about graphics, help me out here.

Superbounces were Havok physics glitches... and it had something to do with the combination of the frame-rate, graphics resolution, and landing on a point of the map within a certain window of pixel precision, if that makes sense...

So with the upped resolution and frame-rate now, landing on these spots exactly as you did in the past will be near impossible simply due to game running much smoother.

It's something like that anyway, from the sounds of what was said by Frankie...

• Upvote (+1) 1

I don't like it either, but it's only in the "remastered" Halo 2 version, which Frankie said has a lot of different visual elements from all the Halo games.. explains the hit-markers, halo 4 sniper model, halo 4 rocket model, etc 

Will Halo 2 still have proximity chat ? 

Did it in the original? They did say they're going to leave the games as untouched as possible.

Did it in the original? They did say they're going to leave the games as untouched as possible.

Yup, great for trash talking.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Yeah they're really going to have to put a time limit on them. I'm guessing/hoping they are on top of that though

What worries me is the use of modded controllers specifically for halo 2's double shot glitch. I remember people saying that it would ruin matchmaking which i kind of agree with. What are peoples thoughts on this? 

If that's the worst thing that comes out of the MCC, I'm fine with it. It will be pretty obvious if/when people cheat and they won't get any respect. And if it really bothers people that much, you can always take a break and switch to CE, H3, and H2A which won't have that problem. There were plenty of people who cheated with mods, bridging host and standbying back in 2004 - and those won't be issues now. And the game was still enjoyable. If anything, this will probably be a better experience. 

If that's the worst thing that comes out of the MCC, I'm fine with it. It will be pretty obvious if/when people cheat and they won't get any respect. And if it really bothers people that much, you can always take a break and switch to CE, H3, and H2A which won't have that problem. There were plenty of people who cheated with mods, bridging host and standbying back in 2004 - and those won't be issues now. And the game was still enjoyable. If anything, this will probably be a better experience.

If the ranking system is good, they'll pretty much be the boss level for that 50. Quick finger double shot vs. their autoquads.

• Downvote (-1) 1

If the ranking system is good, they'll pretty much be the boss level for that 50. Quick finger double shot vs. their autoquads.

Most (I won't say all) respectable and high level players will not be using a modded controller.  Halo is not and never has been about who's got the best shot or who's the most fluid with button glitches.  Although these traits can distinguish good players from great players, map movement, power up control, and decision making has always been most important.

tl;dr the kids using modded controllers will be trash

• Upvote (+1) 1

Most (I won't say all) respectable and high level players will not be using a modded controller.  Halo is not and never has been about who's got the best shot or who's the most fluid with button glitches.  Although these traits can distinguish good players from great players, map movement, power up control, and decision making has always been most important.

tl;dr the kids using modded controllers will be trash

Aiming and shooting is only a fraction of Halo, the rest is movement, teamwork, and map knowledge. No controller can help with that.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

will we be able to switch back and forth between the classic graphics and updated graphics on the original h2 multiplayer, h1 mp and h3 mp like we can in the  h2 campaign?

will we be able to switch back and forth between the classic graphics and updated graphics on the original h2 multiplayer, h1 mp and h3 mp like we can in the  h2 campaign?

No, the multiplayer graphics from h1, h2, h3, and h4 will all be the some other than being buffed to 1080p and 60 fps. The only multiplayer with new graphics is h2a which is the 6 remastered maps on the new xbox 1 engine.

No its only for campaign in H2A

No MP has this option.

The Number of Xbox One's being sold for just this game is huge.

I'm calling it "THE HALO MASTER CHIEF COLLECTION will out sell all of the past HALO'S hands Down" big money for MS and 343.

tumblr_msjbj8WAKP1sfwumuo1_500.gif

• Upvote (+1) 3

All DLC ever is free. Probably one of my favorite parts about the MCC that people forget. No more DLC only playlists to play the new maps. :D

• Upvote (+1) 4
  • Downvote (-1) 1