CyReN

Halo: The Master Chief Collection Discussion

You actually ruin the game more by quitting.

Some people want to play SMG/AR starts, that's what the vote is for. Suck it up.

Sorry but I'm not falling for your crappy bait

So what do you all think 343 will do about the population? They said they got some plans to pull the population back. (Assuming they're not talking about relic, odst, and the one month).

So what do you all think 343 will do about the population? They said they got some plans to pull the population back. (Assuming they're not talking about relic, odst, and the one month).

Xbox One bundled with the MCC or even a really big price drop on the game.  But who knows with 343 at this rate.

Why would they make the game free? And how is that a smart business decison?

Because they released a broken game, so to keep it alive (and possible get some people back on their side) they should make it free.

Noob question of the day: why does people switch the pistol for rockets and not the Ar? In ce that is.

Noob question of the day: why does people switch the pistol for rockets and not the Ar? In ce that is.

People only do it when they have Camo so they can quick camo with Rockets after they fire

• Upvote (+1) 3

You actually ruin the game more by quitting.

Some people want to play SMG/AR starts, that's what the vote is for. Suck it up.

If they vote AR or SMG they are trashy players. Playing trash cans is boring.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Orrrr, maybe they should have a kiddies corner playlist for morons that enjoy staring at other players from across the map and another playlist for people that actually enjoy the SHOOTING part of a first person SHOOTER.

Or you could play a playlist without AR/SMG starts in it.

• Upvote (+1) 4

Haha, ODST will only bring back players that want to play campaign (which mostly worked on launch anyway). They give us one month of free XBL when the game is approaching 3 months of not working. They bring back Relic, a map that most players probably wouldn't even remember from Halo 2 rather than something far more recognisable such as Midship or Beaver Creek. Hell, Headlong, Terminal or Burial Mounds would have been better choices. Maybe if they redo the entire map pool from Halo 2 for H2A I might give a shit.

There is absolutely nothing 343 can do to regain the population. First impressions last. You think all those people that bought an Xbox One and returned it are going to go out and buy it again?

Even releasing the game for free at this point probably won't have a huge impact since the holiday season has come and gone and everyone is busy playing games that have 100X's the population now and actually work. If the game is released for free we'll probably see a small increase in players, but most of these new players are going to struggle to walk and shoot at the same time since anyone half way decent at Halo would have bought MCC already.

Halo had its chance and it blew it.

Tonight I tried to play MCC with my brother. We wasted 45 minutes before he had to go.

We found a game after about 5 minutes but he was kicked as the game loaded. We then spent 20 minute just trying to join the same party since we kept on getting errors. About 10 restarts later we could finally search together and then enjoyed staring at the searching screen for ages before giving up.

We're both hardcore Halo fans that stayed up for hours just trying to find an Australian player on XBC (Which was INCREDIBLY rare back in the Halo 1 days) and MCC has managed to ruin Halo for both of us.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Or you could play a playlist without AR/SMG starts in it.

If you can get a game, which I personally definitely can't

As an Australian, Team Slayer was the only semi consistent playlist for me.

I had quite a few games in the CE playlist but the connection was barely ever playable, it worked but even after the update it would fail to register shots quite a lot. This was before I stopped playing MCC before the H5 Beta too, so I can only imagine it became even more difficult to find a game in playlists other than TS.

I stuck around to finish a lot of AR/SMG games even with uneven teams and it got to the point where it was pointless and not fun at all, might as well just quit and try to find another game that you actually wanted to play (I say try because it would take its sweet time).

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

As an Australian, Team Slayer was the only semi consistent playlist for me.

I had quite a few games in the CE playlist but the connection was barely ever playable, it worked but even after the update it would fail to register shots quite a lot. This was before I stopped playing MCC before the H5 Beta too, so I can only imagine it became even more difficult to find a game in playlists other than TS.

I stuck around to finish a lot of AR/SMG games even with uneven teams and it got to the point where it was pointless and not fun at all, might as well just quit and try to find another game that you actually wanted to play (I say try because it would take its sweet time).

why not block IPs outside AUS or lets say from countries being farer away?

that way you are ensured to have games with a good experience in terms of lag

build up your own region filter, as an AUS player it makes no sense to play vs EU or US, however the "great" halo matchmaking system isnt aware of that and loves to put those continents into a game

It would be great if we get full blown dedicated servers with IP blockers on them, then this shit wouldn't happen.

What Batch said. Every non-scope able weapon except for the Needler (lol) when you switch to camos a lot quicker. This is also why people shoot one bullet out of the AR too when they have it out because they camo immediately..

PD's unique art style is a big part of the game. All of the alterations I listed make the game look uglier/less distinctive. It's similar (though not anywhere near as bad) to how nothing in Perfect Dark Zero had any visual resemblance to the original.

Head roll was on by default in the original, but not in the port. I doubt many new players ever bothered with the setting, so just imagine how many never got to see the proper death animations.

Just remembered another change/bug. Multiplayer heads were fully interchangeable in the original. In the port, you have to figure out that you can still change them by holding RB, but the necks will be missing when you do.

[/offtopic]

The change of the art style is so slight that it still looks extremely similar to the original, just with better graphics and more detail. I agree that some iterations do not look as good as the original, but most (if not, all) of what you listed regarding the art style were just the designs of weapons. You did not mention the character models (you talked about the heads being significantly different, but honestly, they are just easier to look at than their N64 counterparts) or the scenery.

If many new players never saw the Head Roll death camera scenes, than that is on them, not the port itself. How much effort or thought does it take to just open up the Perfect Menu or the Pause Menu, select Settings, select Control, toggle Head Roll on? None.

It does seem unusual that there would be missing necks.

I think we can conclude this with an agreement. In terms of variety, PD blows Halo out of the water.

What Batch said. Every non-scope able weapon except for the Needler (lol) when you switch to camos a lot quicker. This is also why people shoot one bullet out of the AR too when they have it out because they camo immediately..

It's the little things man, cheers :)

I shall do that everytime now

Not just saying this just to fan-fare Halo CE, but if all-four complete Halo games in this collection were mods based on Custom Edition (complete with proper map geometry and shot registry) it'd be bomb-ass sweet.

The modding community turned Halo 3 sexier using an older version of the Halo engine, imagine how they can correct Spartan-IV's.

Of course in a perfect world my idea would make sense... sigh....

I play solo and it never works.  Did anyone else interpret the updates we got yesterday like they were considering whether to have a patch beta or not?  Honestly I don't see the point in a beta for it.  Just release it and then make the necessary tweaks on the go.