CyReN

Halo: The Master Chief Collection Discussion

I might enter the Forge contest, but I've never found it fun, primarily because making GOOD maps is painfully tedious.

And to top it all off, the only other game on any platform I want to play right now is Super Smash Bros. For Wii U, but the official (I only buy first-party, both for quality control and resale value) GameCube controller adapter, which is an absolute MUST for me, is virtually impossible to get for under $60, 3x its MSRP. Yet the controller itself is everywhere?

:huh:

- What forge contest are you speaking of?

- I'm not too surprised about the controllers being available, considering many loyal smash players having their old gamecube controllers. But yeah, it blows my mind how badly they underestimated demand for the adapter.

• Upvote (+1) 1

playasia have been producing gamecube controllers for 2 years+. So there was no "opening-day rush"

They were actually 25$ at one point b/c of overstock. i didnt know it at the time or i woulda grabbed more than 1!

My controller broke, checked online, saw 25$ controllers, was like hell yeah, bought it, didn't think about it till 2months later b/c sum1 asked about the price. Looked up my old link and they jumped in price to like 45$ rip.

edit: down to 26$ since nintendo makes controllers again

p.s. playasia sells and adapter-controller combo for 34$ tho its only for 1 controller; tho it has a little more input lag since its wireless. on the +side, it works for everygame, not smash only

Guess what? The damage is done.

Even IF MCC gets fixed, so what? We're approaching 3 months since the launch of MCC. The next patch is so big it apparently requires a freakin' beta, which means the official release of the patch is still at least a month away. How many people have already returned their copies? How many people have moved onto CoD or Destiny which have both had DLC during this time?

Americans might be lucky enough to still find decent games, but guess what? Anyone outside of North America the game is well beyond dead. There is absolutely not a chance in hell that I'd be able to search BTB playlist and find 15 Australians to play with. Hell, at this stage I'd be lucky to find even a single Australian/Kiwi gamer in ANY of the playlists.

I don't understand how there isn't a class action lawsuit against Microsoft and 343.

They gave us classic Halo and the population dropped which proves we all want sprint and all of the 343 innovations in Halo 5. We are begging for change! :kappa:
  • Upvote (+1) 1

I understand that people are pissed because they spent roughly $500 for one game, but don't act like the MCC is literally the only game on the system.

You should never buy a whole system for only one game or even one franchise.

So what other game should we be playing? I'm actually curious as to what decent games are on the xbox one. Or should i have spent 600$ on Mario kart 8.

http://www.forgehub.com/threads/forgehub-1v1-map-contest.148242/

It was on the TB front page recently.

aaahhh i see. I am looking somewhat forward to that.

I agree forging a good map is tedius though.

So what other game should we be playing? I'm actually curious as to what decent games are on the xbox one. Or should i have spent 600$ on Mario kart 8.

I'm wondering the same about the xbox one. But uh, no ... mario kart 8 isn't worth $600. Not even worth its retail price + a couple more wii wheels.

Anybody know why we don't spawn with grenades on backwash?

The 360 couldn't handle explosions and fog at the same time.  Bungie had to make it so you started with no grenades on that map because it was literally unplayable (because of the framerate) if everyone had grenades.  Removing the grenades just left it figuratively unplayable.

• Upvote (+1) 2

The 360 couldn't handle explosions and fog at the same time.  Bungie had to make it so you started with no grenades on that map because it was literally unplayable (because of the framerate) if everyone had grenades.  Removing the grenades just left it figuratively unplayable.

was more than just nades it was the camo too as soon as anyone on the map grabbed it the frame rate hit single digits

That Nintendo community support :flames:

They're sponsoring the event. Probably to stop them from playing Project M which pissed a bunch of people off.

On top of all the other drawbacks MCC has, generally re-releases of games are supposed to improve things, fix flaws, add features. But aside from resolution, framerate, two campaign reskins (one of them previously released), and bad Halo 1 netcode, everything is the same or worse (with more in the latter category). Seems to me most of the development time went into H2A (campaign, multiplayer, and Forge together). The initial rumour was that was all we'd get...looks like they should've stuck to meeting those low expectations.

Now that I think about it, I have been meaning to get back to beating the target times on Perfect Dark 64 (XBLA version = another MS porting fail)...

How is it a failed port when it plays and functions exactly similar to the original?

Fucked that post up.

Umm...edit button?

(/me uses said button) Several aspects of GoldenEye are more polished, but Perfect Dark has SO many more modes and options, it makes GE feel just plain barren.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Umm...edit button?

(/me uses said button) Several aspects of GoldenEye are more polished, but Perfect Dark has SO many more modes and options, it makes GE feel just plain barren.

Yeah I'm on my phone and editing is just a pain. Okay I just find the aiming much better, I also like the maps more. And the only mode I play is licence too kill (pistols only) I don't like the pistols in PD as well, besides the 3 shot one.

I do like the bots and the training simulator in PD. But when it comes too 4 player spilt screen with 3 friends, give me me goldeneye over PD any day.

image_zpse814d938.jpg

Swag! :D

Two awesome games from ages ago that are still fun in almost every aspect. Going to a local Smash event today. Gonna play and watch the stream today.

@ thanks for designing the CE shirt. Looks awesome! :halo:

7Tb0QZ9.jpg

anyone know what this is about?

One month of Xbox LIVE Gold was part of the MCC compensation.

That, Halo 3: ODST's Campaign, Relic for Halo 2 Anniversary and an in-game nameplate and avatar.

I understand that people are pissed because they spent roughly $500 for one game, but don't act like the MCC is literally the only game on the system.

You should never buy a whole system for only one game or even one franchise.

Damn right I'm pissed. My wife and I both bought Xbox Ones with MCC. We spent almost $1000 AUD to play Halo because we both loved the game. The first time I ever went to her house we stayed up all night playing Halo, so there's a nice little romantic story in it for us.

Guess what? My wife's Xbox One has been collecting dust. The only other game on Xbox One I had any interest in was Destiny and I've stopped playing that due to lack of content and because I refuse to buy DLC when it's forced on me only 3 months after the game comes out.

Any other games I'll play on my PC which is the vastly better platform for gaming.

I literally bought not one, but two Xbox Ones purely for Halo and I've barely has a chance to enjoy them.

Am I stupid for buying a console just for Halo? Fuck off. Halo has been a huge part of my life. I met a lot of awesome people, I did a lot if travelling, I won huge tournaments. Halo isn't just a game for me.

• Upvote (+1) 5

Damn right I'm pissed. My wife and I both bought Xbox Ones with MCC. We spent almost $1000 AUD to play Halo because we both loved the game. The first time I ever went to her house we stayed up all night playing Halo, so there's a nice little romantic story in it for us.

Guess what? My wife's Xbox One has been collecting dust. The only other game on Xbox One I had any interest in was Destiny and I've stopped playing that due to lack of content and because I refuse to buy DLC when it's forced on me only 3 months after the game comes out.

Any other games I'll play on my PC which is the vastly better platform for gaming.

I literally bought not one, but two Xbox Ones purely for Halo and I've barely has a chance to enjoy them.

Am I stupid for buying a console just for Halo? Fuck off. Halo has been a huge part of my life. I met a lot of awesome people, I did a lot if travelling, I won huge tournaments. Halo isn't just a game for me.

yw8Ye8O.gif

• Upvote (+1) 3

re: "there are other great games on the system, buy those" comments i've seen on the webz

if i was interested in any of those "other great games" i would have bought the system long before halo came out. consequently, i wouldn't be feeling burned when one doesn't work because i'd have other games to occupy my time with. 

but i'm not. mordor, dragon age, diablo, fifa, forza, gta, advanced warefare, sunset overdrive, whatever other game i'd play for a week at most - not my kind of games. the only other xbox exclusive on my horizon is ori and the blind forest, but it still isn't something i expect to play for more than a week. the last non-halo title to do that on the xbox was castle crashers. 

it's the same for playstation. other than journey, i haven't been interested in a playstation exclusive since the ps2. if it weren't for destiny, i'd have never picked one up. i've spent a ridiculous amount of time on destiny since the alpha so i know my purchase was worth it. if i ever get bored of it or don't want to play it, i'm not looking for more ps4 games to play. that's what i have other consoles for.

the whole point of halo being a system seller is that you don't need anything else. forge and custom games alone were a huge time sink, and then you had a wealth of playlists to grind in. when halo was good, i had no reason to put in any other game. i only wanted to play halo. 

i'm not saying i play shooters exclusively. i still poke around on my 3ds, and some of the most fun i've had recently has been booting up my PS1 and gamecube and replaying old titles. but personally, i'd rather invest my time and money in a game i know i'm going to play for a long time (and especially in one with a new or content-rich community). any other game i'd pick up on a console is a bonus, but i don't need a libary of games to justify my purchase. my xbox is collecting dust because halo is broke as fuck. if halo was on any other console, i wouldn't own this thing. 

now nintendo is the exception. i need a few nintendo games worth picking up before i jump in, but they're fairly consistent in quality and longevity so it's always a good value. just waiting for the right wii u price (dirt cheap). 

• Upvote (+1) 4

7Tb0QZ9.jpg

anyone know what this is about?

Moa answered the first part, but if you're talking about the second message, that is referring to money on your account. You either,

a.) had Microsoft Points on your account that got converted to money (when they dropped the Microsoft Point currency), or

b.) Earned enough rewards points (Buying items in the Xbox Store -- The higher your gamerscore the more points you earn per purchase --, rewards points through promotions, etc.) and that gets converted to money as well.

Basically, you have $13.00 to use in the store until the date posted in the message.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Well, I at least tried guys lol.

Honestly, a rough guesstimate would satisfy me at this point. Like are we looking at... a few days? A week or two? Month or more..? Like what are we looking at here? I feel like most of us (well if it's not any of you it's DEFINITELY me) are just unconsciously looking at their twitters/waypoint just anxiously waiting the next tweet/update for an answer we can use. But, I digress. Bravo is probably one of the only people I thoroughly respect, because he actually makes an attempt to give as much information as he can and it's not really his fault at all (Yes, I'm aware it's because he's the community manager).

• Upvote (+1) 1