CyReN

Halo: The Master Chief Collection Discussion

With the Master Chief Collection, I think that playlist management will be very important for 343. With 4 titles on one disc, the playlists available in each game should be limited to maintain a healthy population and quick search times across the board, yet still allow players to play whatever they want at all times.

Ideally I would shoot for 5 permanent playlists in each game, along with several that rotate between games every few weeks. I really dislike the idea of cross-game playlists, so I threw that whole notion out the window and I hope 343 does too. Here's what I came up with:

Permanent Playlists for each game (CE, 2, 3, 4):

2v2

FFA

4v4 Slayer

BTB

Tournament Settings*

*Replace Tournament Settings in Halo 4 with Dominion ( :kappa: )

Rotating Playlists:

These playlists would be available for a certain title for a predetermined amount of time, and cycle through all the title. For example: Team SWAT would be in Halo 2 for 3 weeks, the moves to Halo 3, 4, and CE for 2 weeks each, then back to Halo 2. These would include:

Team SWAT

Team Snipers

1v1

4v4 Objective (I would prefer this as a permanent playlist but it is historically the least populated)

Multi Team (Not sure what people prefer between teams of 2 or 3, I tend to lean towards 3v3v3v3)

Infection

Action Sack

Forge Showcase

Squad (5v5 or 6v6 slayer and obj)

etc.

I only made this topic because I feel like 343 has done a relatively poor job with playlists in Halo 4, and hope to see this greatly improved upon in the Master Chief Collection.

What do you think of these ideas and what would your ideal setup be for the Master Chief Collection?

:Halo:

Playlists for each game:

Team Slayer 4v4

Team Doubles 2v2

FFA 6 or 8 Players dependent on game

MLG for Halo 2 and 3

Combined Playlists:

Team Slayer (all)

Team Objective (all)

BTB (all)

FFA (all)

SWAT (H2/3/4)

Team Snipers (all)

Team Doubles (all)

Infected (H3 H4)

Cagematch (1v1) (all)

Multi Team (H3 H4)

Grifball (H3 H4)

1. How will Ranks work from H1-H4 in the game (Ie) if i win a game of H3 and then win a game in H2 will my main Social Rank have 2 wins ? or how do you see this working

2. Have Ranks both skill / social been said to be visible ?

3. If we see Ranked playlist hopefully how will H1 and H4 work in that system .

4. will we see exp/xp per playlist in H3/ all off them ?

tumblr_m265s1Gktq1rqfhi2o1_500.gif

Is anyone concerned that this will spread Halo players out even thinner. Some will go over to XBox One and other will stay on 360. I have to wonder if this is a marketing ploy by Miscrosoft to expedite XBox One sales? Is this really better for the game?

I might not have purchased an XB1 for Halo 5. I'll sure as hell have one now, and therefore I'm much more likely to buy it, too.

Yeah it's a money grab, but they did it right, and it's going to work IMO.

• Upvote (+1) 6

ranked 2v2s in the CE playlist is going to be godly....a lot of tears will be shed. Oh you were nice at Halo 3 holding forward all game with your trusty BR....Oh you enjoyed screaming point check in the mlg playlist? 99l9hk.jpg

that's cool.....now i'd like you to meet prisoner, this pistol, glitches, nade and spawn points 2j0yzj5.jpg

Until the ranks get sorted out, there's gonna be a lot of those sort of people rage-quitting after getting camo rocketed 43 times in a row

• Upvote (+1) 3

ranked 2v2s in the CE playlist is going to be godly....a lot of tears will be shed. Oh you were nice at Halo 3 holding forward all game with your trusty BR....Oh you enjoyed screaming point check in the mlg playlist? 99l9hk.jpg

that's cool.....now i'd like you to meet prisoner, this pistol, glitches, nade and spawn points 2j0yzj5.jpg

:walshy:

Hide your wives, children, noobs and grandpas... AkaDemiK will make people cry. Literally.

I wasn't talking about me specifically....the H1 gods are salivating at the mouth right now.....but I will be giving out some work in the playlist...most def

• Upvote (+1) 1

Frankie confirms it's original CE multiplayer in this interview.  The specific conversation about it begins at about 50 seconds, but the whole interview is worth a watch.

Happy days, cheers. Only thing that worries me is that i remember reading that the file sizes for the maps in halo ce were too big to play multiplayer online, which is why it lags so bad on xbc and pc. Just wondering how they are going to get around this without re-*oing the maps from scratch.

*the letter between f+s is broke on my keyboar lol

I honestly can't wait to see all the online warriors become average. Then to see the real players show up due to dedicated servers and 60 fps. Gonna be a really good feeling.

I honestly can't wait to see all the online warriors become average. Then to see the real players show up due to dedicated servers and 60 fps. Gonna be a really good feeling.

Boy, I see we're starting with this crap early ;)

I remember when Pistola was called an online warrior

• Upvote (+1) 1

Boy, I see we're starting with this crap early ;)

I remember when Pistola was called an online warrior

You can tell who is good and who's not based on how they perform when they don't pull host. I'm just saying, there are a lot of players that have a good reputation because they have host 95% of the time, but when they don't pull it, they're easy. There are only a few exceptions like Pistola out there, but most of them are bad.

• Upvote (+1) 1

You can tell who is good and who's not based on how they perform when they don't pull host. I'm just saying, there are a lot of players that have a good reputation because they have host 95% of the time, but when they don't pull it, they're easy. There are only a few exceptions like Pistola out there, but most of them are bad.

Haha yea, I gotcha bud. I'm also looking forward to good clean connections because that was probably one of the few issues I had with Halo 2 back in the day.

Side note: It'd be awesome if they brought the old emblems back! I guess that's just nitpicking at this point lol

I'm gonna be exposed so fucking hard XD

I think a guilty pleasure of mine would be to do cross over matchmaking with 3 of my Halo 1 LAN buddies and always vote for Halo 1 gametypes and just (hopefully) destroy people who have never played Halo 1...

This this this.

That video above though, I never saw it and now I'm even more excited. That awesome interface/menu is pretty cool.

So what happens to people with shitty connections/pings on dedicated servers? Does it affect their gameplay at all since they still have to connect to the server and will other people even notice it?

I'm guessing it will try to connect to the closest server, but what happens if they have to play people in another country? Sorry for the newb questions.

So what happens to people with shitty connections/pings on dedicated servers? Does it affect their gameplay at all since they still have to connect to the server and will other people even notice it?

I'm guessing it will try to connect to the closest server, but what happens if they have to play people in another country? Sorry for the newb questions.

You choose which server you want to play on, so if good connection is your priority then you pick the one closest/with the lowest ping.

The server essentially acts as the host would in peer-to-peer games.

• Upvote (+1) 2