CyReN

Halo: The Master Chief Collection Discussion

I was thinking, BXR and Nade Reloads in H2 used to be off-host only, but there also used to be a distinct host advantage slightly more powerful shot and such. With the game being on dedicated servers now, will everyone be able to perform those? I know it's a question that can only be answered by pure hypothetical's but I thought it could be interesting to ponder.

How will matchmaking work?? If i only wanted to play H2 will i be able to? Cuz honestly i dont want to be in a lobby with scrubs that'll vote for H4 over H2

How will matchmaking work?? If i only wanted to play H2 will i be able to? Cuz honestly i dont want to be in a lobby with scrubs that'll vote for H4 over H2

You will be able to choose a game and just play that. 

Oh cool! Just wondering what source did you get that from??

Well...take a guess. ;-)

Have been surfing this forum for 48 hours and that question have been up at least 1 billion times.

I assume Halo 2 will be picked up by the companies who want to run halo for events?

I'd love H1 back on the circuit for maybe 2v2s it's not fun enough for viewers to be 4v4 so everyone needs to be fully behind H2 4v4 really.

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 1

I assume Halo 2 will be picked up by the companies who want to run halo for events?

I'd love H1 back on the circuit for maybe 2v2s it's not fun enough for viewers to be 4v4 so everyone needs to be fully behind H2 4v4 really.

So I guess the assumption is that H2 will be the game most likely used for tournaments? What does everyone think the chances are of potentially pulling 100 teams for a 4v4 style event? Is there a possibility we might see a 200+ team event ever again?

Just wondering what everyone's thoughts were.

Not sure if this has been brought up yet, but has anybody imagined a Legendary edition of this game? Id like to see what kind of stuff they'd throw in if we bought some kind of Special Edition.

That list has lockout and zanzibar included in the H2A maps list. So only 3 left. I hope middy is one of them.

Yea I actually feel the same way.  I am beyond stoked at what we are getting, but at the same time I was hoping for graphic updates on all the maps.  It's not a huge deal but I feel like if we got the H2 multiplayer with nextgen graphics it could breathe an entire new life into the game.  

I knew others would feel the same lol. Idk i just was hoping that all were redone like you said.

I feel like it would make an old experience fresh instead of playing the exact thing we already played a ridiculous amounts of times. =]

Either way im just happy i can play halo 2 again.

I actually don't want them to re-do any of the old maps. I love blocked graphics because nades bounce perfectly instead of getting caught in little ridges like newer Halo's and wall strafing works better. Idk just my opinion. Older games just "work better" if you ask me. No need to upgrade a thing besides 1080p and 60 fps. 

• Upvote (+1) 3

One question about the remastered maps, will we also get the original form of them as well? For example, Ascension has been chosen as one of the maps, can players still play the classic 2004 version on the classic engine or nah?

One question about the remastered maps, will we also get the original form of them as well? For example, Ascension has been chosen as one of the maps, can players still play the classic 2004 version on the classic engine or nah?

Yes. All maps ever created for each game, including DLC and PC exclusives (not 100% on PC maps) will be brought back on each game's individual engine.

So there'll be two versions of Ascension and the other 5 maps.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Yes. All maps ever created for each game, including DLC and PC exclusives (not 100% on PC maps) will be brought back on each game's individual engine.

So there'll be two versions of Ascension and the other 5 maps.

Thanks for the info doe