CyReN

Halo: The Master Chief Collection Discussion

Don't compare Forza's popularity and hype to that of Halo. The MCC should have sold like hot cakes, but it's clear the bad press got to certain people before they purchased it.

I'm sure that affected it too, no doubt, but it IS a collection and not many people have Xbox Ones. Not to mention, for the casual gamer, who wants to shell out almost $500 bucks for games they already played? Especially since they probably have no concept of 1080p/60fps or dedicated servers.

Again, not defending 343 or MCC, just bein' real. 

I'm sure that affected it too, no doubt, but it IS a collection and not many people have Xbox Ones. Not to mention, for the casual gamer, who wants to shell out almost $500 bucks for games they already played? Especially since they probably have no concept of 1080p/60fps or dedicated servers.

Again, not defending 343 or MCC, just bein' real. 

You might be underestimating "casual" players a bit here. A collection of Halo games, including two of the more popular ones (h2/h3) in the same package. 5 halo games, campaign and multiplayer included for each title, all for $60 and casual players won't bite on a deal like this? I don't know man. I understand the argument about the amount of xbox ones purchased, still..I believe this product should have been selling like crazy.

The hype was there after E3. Then it died 24 hrs or less after release. Then the holiday season came around and people knew about the risks in buying a broken game. See where i'm going?

• Upvote (+1) 1

Don't compare Forza's popularity and hype to that of Halo. The MCC should have sold like hot cakes, but it's clear the bad press got to certain people before they purchased it.

MCC got way better press than it deserved

e70176c915.png

• Upvote (+1) 1

I didnt follow H4 like that, can someone explain why Monolith never made it into AGL? Seems decent.

I have yet to see uneven teams in H4, it always waits or kicks a guy for 4s

I didnt follow H4 like that, can someone explain why Monolith never made it into AGL? Seems decent.

Not sure why..My favorite H4 map along with Skyline and Simplex

I have yet to see uneven teams in H4, it always waits or kicks a guy for 4s

Loving Team Hardcore, but for gods sakes this need ranks. Not fun having teammates go a combined -36 in a TS game or winning 50-8 with one player on the other team ending with a score of -1. (Yes, they both actually happened.) Oh, and the random game ending. But that's more hilarious than anything else.

I can't believe this game's been out for two full months and things are actually worse than they were on launch day

No where near as bad as launch but I get your point. 343 is the all time leader in hype train derailment.
  • Upvote (+1) 3

They did a lot of underhanded stuff. Broke the game worse than ever right before the H5 beta came out, delayed their next patch an entire month right up until the day before the H5 beta ends most likely, and continue to not say anything about it for almost three weeks while peddling the H5 beta to the masses. 

They are not slick and no about of saying "No we did not do this" using different wording by Frankie is going to make me think otherwise. 

• Upvote (+1) 4
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Soooo is 343 waiting for the middle of an online tournament to drop the next MCC bandaid or what?

They have done it once before and they are saying "dropping late in the weekend" Can they really be that stupid? Again?

• Upvote (+1) 1

The game ends randomly when the host quits. Not sure if it's every time, but it must be something with the host migration. I was host and quit (2nd to last person on the team) and when my screen dims the game ends.

I also used to think like 10% of the games were on dedicated servers bc shots actually registered, but now I realize those were the games I was host.. Hit reg in h2c is just that bad.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Loving Team Hardcore, but for gods sakes this need ranks. Not fun having teammates go a combined -36 in a TS game or winning 50-8 with one player on the other team ending with a score of -1. (Yes, they both actually happened.) Oh, and the random game ending. But that's more hilarious than anything else.

It's nice that you can get games in it but for Oceanic players we still can't get anything besides H2A and TS.

No where near as bad as launch but I get your point. 343 is the all time leader in hype train derailment.

sorry I should have been more specific. I meant things as in the state of halo and the community. At least back then we thought we'd be playing ranked playlists on dedicated servers by new years.

Now everyone's gone and it's clear this game will never function properly and everyone who's left is just pissed off and we're going to be stuck with 3 maps for an eternity and every tournament is going to be a disaster and their streams are going to have rotating ad graphics and dubstep for 35 minutes during the breaks and the interviews are going to be awkward as hell and the HCS will be canceled after one season and then you're going to be stuck with a shitty system you spent way too much money on with no good games now or in the foreseeable future because Halo 5 sucks and 343 and Microsoft don't give a shit about the people who've been working their asses off to keep these games alive for the last 5 years because they're not as profitable and you're going to wonder why you spent so much of your time and effort on a stupid fucking video game and you feel like an idiot because you should have known better and done something more productive with that time like putting a toothpick under your toe nail and kicking a wall or trying to convince a twitch chat to stop using  'rape' as a taunt. there's just no hope at this point. none.  

• Upvote (+1) 2

CTF is master race. We just haven't had more than one good 4v4 non-remake flag map in a game since Halo 2.

Narrows, sandtarp, valhalla, standdown, high ground, all good ctf

• Upvote (+1) 2

Someone should make a chart of all the refunds of the game so far and send its numbers Josh's way...

@343 every other developer spends their time on Twitter better than you, think of the future.

So yea.... some of the team hardcore settings are wrong...

♦ Sanctuary weapons on map need to be Map Default

♦ Flag indicator for all CTF gametypes needs to be off

♦ Betrayal penalty needs to be set to none

♦ Suicide penalty needs to be set to none

and I just played a game of ball where guy holding ball got stuck in respawn and racked up 2 minutes.

GG