CyReN

Halo: The Master Chief Collection Discussion

I love how those posters on neogaf continue to eat up his bullshit. They just love the feeling of someone working at 343 posting on their forums, me, I couldn't give less of a fuck....just give me a great game and save the B.S for the sheep. I love how out of all the complaints in the thread about MCC/H5/343 he singles out the one with the "vendetta" against 343....wow, that's not an easy target to get those gullible fucks in that thread to side with you and completely forget how much of a fuck up you really are. Pathetic. He should have been ran out of that thread the week after MCC was launched, seeing as how he only pops up when he thinks it's safe to. Coward.

Is there a date on that screencap? Its been 2 months without any fucking details about the problems. How can he have the gall to say that not letting us know whats going on is due to working and not making any promises...? We were promised a working game when we bought it!

And he's telling us that in 2 months nobodies had the time to give a piece of paper to Bravo that has a few basic details of what the fuck has gone wrong. We could not possibly be more in the dark about this. Pathetic.

See here for summary: http://imgur.com/I7Wpdiz

Here for full context: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=964984&page=36

• Upvote (+1) 1

Is there a date on that screencap? Its been 2 months without any fucking details about the problems. How can he have the gall to say that not letting us know whats going on is due to working and not making any promises...? We were promised a working game when we bought it!

And he's telling us that in 2 months nobodies had the time to give a piece of paper to Bravo that has a few basic details of what the fuck has gone wrong. We could not possibly be more in the dark about this. Pathetic.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=147477422&postcount=1818

it was posted yesterday

these 343 apologists disgust me

Like I said. It's perfectly acceptable to like something that's bad by any agreeable metric of merit. 

If you're saying that you don't think there are any semi-objective criteria that we can judge something by, then there's just nothing we can possibly discuss.

Most people lost the ability to be objective a long time ago. That's what moral relativism gets you. All that matters is opinion so the only metric left to judge with is sales/popularity. Sad really.

I say keep stating things as fact if you know them to be so. Opinion is the refuge of the dumb.

I love how those posters on neogaf continue to eat up his bullshit. They just love the feeling of someone working at 343 posting on their forums

To be fair when we had people from 343 posting on these forums a lot of people completely changed their demeanours which I wasn't a big fan of at all.

Tip-toeing around the huge issues we have isn't good for anyone. Employees of 343(or any game dev company that posts on forums) don't need their egos boosted they need the exact opposite, they need to be kept honest. Obviously not in a way that makes us come across as childish but instead of just being enamoured by them even taking the time to post we should be showing them that this entire situation is not ok and that we're not happy about it.

• Upvote (+1) 7

LITERALLY the worst gametype ever played in Halo that lasted more than two events.   (In regards to Construct King)

Lockout TS, Beaver Creek CTF, Guardian TS, Amp TS, Lockdown Ball, and Redemption CTF would all like a word with you.

You and I are in agreement about a lot of things regarding Halo, but I've never understood your hatred for that gametype.  I always thought it was one of the better ones in H3, and I enjoy it quite a bit.  Can you elaborate on it?

• Upvote (+1) 2

I've always wondered about peoples reasoning for this train of thought, the whole "popular doesnt equal good" mentality.

Isn't popularity the most concrete determining factor in deciding if something is "good" or not? Numbers aren't an opinion

Men lie, women lie, numbers don't.

And I think Justin Bieber is wildly SUCCESSFUL. I'd do exactly what he has done 100 times out of 100 if I could.

Mc Donalds is popular. Must be good.

Ignorance is bliss. People are uninformed and the mindset of 'if it's popular it must be good' is not exactly where you want to be.

To be fair when we had people from 343 posting on these forums a lot of people completely changed their demeanours which I wasn't a big fan of at all.

Tip-toeing around the huge issues we have isn't good for anyone. Employees of 343(or any game dev company that posts on forums) don't need their egos boosted they need the exact opposite, they need to be kept honest. Obviously not in a way that makes us come across as childish but instead of just being enamored by them even taking the time to post we should be showing them that this entire situation is not ok and that we're not happy about it.

The same thing definitely happened on here and I smh every time I saw posters go from "this game is fundamentally flawed because of xyz" to "quinn/bravo, i love you bro...this game has so much potential". It disgusts me. I've never once felt like "wow, I can't believe this 343 employee is gracing us with his presence", HA! I'm too busy thinking about how I can pick their brain and let them know why their current way of creating halo simply won't work and then I see all the backtracking from other posters and just smh.

• Upvote (+1) 3

I love how those posters on neogaf continue to eat up his bullshit. They just love the feeling of someone working at 343 posting on their forums, me, I couldn't give less of a fuck....just give me a great game and save the B.S for the sheep. I love how out of all the complaints in the thread about MCC/H5/343 he singles out the one with the "vendetta" against 343....wow, that's not an easy target to get those gullible fucks in that thread to side with you and completely forget how much of a fuck up you really are. Pathetic. He should have been ran out of that thread the week after MCC was launched, seeing as how he only pops up when he thinks it's safe to. Coward.

Neogaf scares me... I'd say vendetta was a poor choice of words and wasn't meant literally.  I can't stand Frank O'Connor, really comes across as arrogant and condescending.  I don't know how people trust him.

• Upvote (+1) 3

Mc Donalds is popular. Must be good.

Ignorance is bliss. People are uninformed and the mindset of 'if it's popular it must be good' is not exactly where you want to be.

Yes, compare sustenance/health and entertainment.

But McDonalds is cheap, fast and easily accessible. And very popular which would mean a lot of people thinks it tastes good. So by those metrics, when it comes to getting food into your body, it's VERY good.

The only thing not good about it, is it's unhealthy.

GENIUSES HERE. FUCKING GENIUSES

• Upvote (+1) 2

Neogaf scares me... I'd say vendetta was a poor choice of words and wasn't meant literally.  I can't stand Frank O'Connor, really comes across as arrogant and condescending.  I don't know how people trust him.

It seems to be a common trait in the 343 dev camp

• Upvote (+1) 1

But McDonalds is cheap, fast and easily accessible. And very popular which would mean a lot of people thinks it tastes good. So by those metrics, when it comes to getting food into your body, it's VERY good.

You just perfectly summed up how stupid people can be.

I personally try to judge the merit of things based on their core and not what they seem to look like on the surface.

Maybe I'm one of a few.

From Frank O'Connor

ChvTKQ5.png

3727390-1171196867-23243.gif

Bugs? Not even once.

Yeah I just saw this and there is no way. Sure the MM problems or w/e might not have been obvious but give me a fucking break. I had the game crash like 80000000000000 times in the first three days in ANY game mode be it campaign or any multiplayer setup. There isn't a chance that never happened in the studio or at their pre launch events or on the review copies.

• Upvote (+1) 2

The game industry has finally picked up onto the fact that they can literally McDonaldize their games and voila. Crappy but tasty high GI game for the ignorant masses that is consumed quickly and leaves the customer hungry so yearly releases are feasible. Sociology 101.

• Upvote (+1) 4

That's complete bullshit, wtf was the state of MCC when they made the prelaunch tourneys?

Exactly, it's important not to forget that the same bugs that plagued the "pre-release build" are the very same that affect the game played on lan today. The netcode was poorly built from the get go. Embarrassing, combine that with the suspiciously early h5 beta and you'd only need to be a complete clown to believe they didn't know this was going to happen.

@@Patch Stay the circlejerk will just never understand, thy just can't see how something can be good in more than one way. As @@Eyevan was trying to say (and yourself) before he had excerpts of his posts quoted so the circlejerk could make snippy little retorts to suit their own agenda, because the @circlejerk can never address a full argument over why h3 was/is popular and therefore good.

Edit: pressed post by accident.

I will try my best to lay out why h3 was good for you in some concise points.

It had a utility weapon that was easy to learn, more importantly easy to grasp, how it behaved, hard to master and on top of all that addictive to just shoot. The br's rhythmic burst is fun to shoot. A common complaint you hear from players who don't enjoy single fire weapons is "it's boring to shoot".

Now I feel part of the reason for people feeling this way is because of the longer ttk from h2 onwards. Nothing worse than a single shot weapon that takes forever to kill. Of course this is easily remedied by a good single shot weapon a.k.a the h1 pistol. Its low ttk, combined with it's fast firing rate make it fun to shoot and there is a lot to be said for that in itself.

What do casuals love about h3? As far as the utility weapon fights are concerned it's all about 1v1 br battles. Yes at the highest level, it's all about team shot but if you're playing casual or going in alone in mm. The most effecient way to win your battles is to try constantly get 1v1s (due to ttk and it being near impossible to out br two people unless they are both chalk-lining your ass) because even if you are down shots you can come back with smart play in h3 1v1 br battle royale.

Casuals and intermediate players, love that addictive feeling of knowing they are better that you get from the unique shot lead/tracking mechanic of the h3br. The slow ttk, made this achievable to more people (the right way to make something accessible) and again easy to learn, hard to master all wraps up into makin the wonderful experience that is simply shooting the br.

Now! My point is, when you're game is fun to play simply by shooting the gun you use 95% of the time and is satisfying then you have struck gold. It enchances the rest of the game when you can have fun simply shooting. Without even getting into all the other factors of h3 that made it good, The simple fact that you can have so much fun just shooting the utility weapon, despite it's shortcomings (if you've ever read my previous posts, you will know I am not ignorant to h3's flaws) is a big part in h3's wide and long lasting appeal.

Tldr: a big part of h3's success and long lasting appeal (as evidenced by it's strong population even today) comes down ironically enough the biggest complaint the circlejerk has about the game. When your fps is addictive and fun to play at it's core, it only amplifies everything else good about the game.

Things can be good in more than just one way. The circlejerk reminds me of teenagers that think metal is "the only music worth listening to" and that everything else is crap. It's a very childish mentality. If you truly can't see what's good about h3 and hell as evil as it is, McDonalds. Then I hate to break it to you but you are the one who is truly ignorant/narrow minded.

• Upvote (+1) 2

First game of H2 Hardcore Lockout Oddball. Game ends in less than 1 minute. This game lol

everybody loves no ranks

It's been what over 3 weeks since the last patch, I'm guessing the patches are going to get less and less frequent as this game slowly dies from a painful death and to think think this game was supposed to revive halo not destroy it.

• Upvote (+1) 2

I got my Xbox One back only to set it up and discover that HC doesn't work just like every other fucking playlist in this game. 

It's been like 2 months already. I'm so done with these fuckin thieves who call themselves 343.

We have no privileges as customers as far as 343 is concerned. 

Yeah I just saw this and there is no way. Sure the MM problems or w/e might not have been obvious but give me a fucking break. I had the game crash like 80000000000000 times in the first three days in ANY game mode be it campaign or any multiplayer setup. There isn't a chance that never happened in the studio or at their pre launch events or on the review copies.

I find it hard to believe they didn't know when there was a 15gb patch on release day.

People who had review copies couldn't even get into Multiplayer which makes me think that the game practically shipped without it because they knew it had problems. Maybe I'm being a bit too "conspiracy theorist" for some but I feel there were too many issues for them not to notice.

• Upvote (+1) 1

@@SatansReverence. Lmao, the fact you can just walk out of the map as well. Gg 343. Legit think orion and Pegasusare fuglier than any reach forge.

@@overuled, you are not being paranoid. This is exactly what happened. This game was a con used to move consoles from the start.