CyReN

Halo: The Master Chief Collection Discussion

When I see people say that leading shots is a problem with a game, I cringe and lose that much more faith in the gaming community.

It's only a problem if it has random spread or the netcode is fucked to oblivion.

Thats your opinion though, i personally dont care if someone like it or not but the constant bashing "just because" is annoying and childish

It obviously wasnt shit enough to stay on the circuit for so long and attract a large audience. Some people loved it and some hated it you obviously enjoyed a part of it. Dont see why people cant accept it and stfu about it

If you look at the past halo 3 hate it's the same posters over and over. Kinda sad really

That is my opinion you are right. I also seem to share it with quite a number of people though. Not arguing that Halo 3 wasn't incredibly popular, nor that it stayed on the circuit for a while. You can stand by your assessment that Halo's success and popularity overrides it's mechanics and issues, but I stand by mine that popularity doesn't measure a game's quality, just like I often feel the songs that top the charts are pretty bad despite a lot of people who "enjoy" them. You can enjoy something despite it being bad, much like I did with Halo 3. I really enjoyed my time at LANS and tournaments, despite the slow movement speed, shot registration, poor maps, aim acceleration, and more.

If you're not comparing Halo 3 to Halo CE or Halo 2 than sure, it's a pretty good game. Look at how many things came out of 3, with forge, jump maps, and griffball etc.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Thats your opinion though, i personally dont care if someone like it or not but the constant bashing "just because" is annoying and childish

It obviously wasnt shit enough to stay on the circuit for so long and attract a large audience. Some people loved it and some hated it you obviously enjoyed a part of it. Dont see why people cant accept it and stfu about it

If you look at the past halo 3 hate it's the same posters over and over. Kinda sad really

So we're using popularity now as an indicator for quality? COD must be awesome then.

Halo 3 deserves all the hate it gets. While being better than default Reach and H4 it was much worse than Halo 2, let alone CE.

I just can't fathom how anyone who seriously considers themselves a "competitive" gamer can defend Halo 3 as a good game. It just doesn't make sense to me.

• Upvote (+1) 2

After spending the last couple years playing halo 1 with the idea of becoming good at it i cant even play halo 2 and 3 anymore and i used to love them. If you sat down and got to play halo 2 or whatever is your ultimate experience for so long then going and playing halo reach and 4 then you know exactly what im talking about. Just because you are used to and not bothered by mediocre gameplay doesnt make it anything but just that. If you have not spend a serious amount of time playing halo 1 as a result of MCC do yourself a favor and try it for a while. You are truly experiencing the bad end of a halo 2/3 transition to reach type scenario if you have not.

This kind of happened to me if I'm understanding your post. I was really excited to play H2 and H3 on dedicated servers. Then when nothing was working and I heard that the CE playlist came out and I was also reading all of the awesome things CE had to offer from these forums, I gave it a try, I tried to do some of the easy things like lead shots, quick camo, etc... and I had a great time. None of my other friends are really that good at it, but I'm no Ogre either. I just have a genuinely great time playing it. I can't even describe it, but for some reason it's a genuinely fun experience, even when I'm getting my shit kicked in.

• Upvote (+1) 1

@@Cursed Lemon, you need to adjust the way you phrase your argument when you start talking about how "bad" Halo 2 and Halo 3 are. You smugly pass Halo 3 off as shit and say that various gametypes and maps within it are bad. The way you speak as if what you're saying is fact is totally fucked up, because you are so much less important than you act. 300,000 people played Halo 3 every day for 3 years and had loads of fun. They never once started crinkling their noses and bitching about the "wide open map design" of Halo 2 and Halo 3. The world loves The Pit, Guardian, and Lockout.  You and your cult of 50 BeyondForums posters are the absolute extreme minority.

There should be a disclaimer when you start talking about this kind of thing that your ideal Halo is a hyper competitive Quake clone or whatever the fuck you want it to be, and not actually what the REAL WORLD would like (which is Halo 2 or Halo 3). What Halo is to you is not what most gamers see it as. Until you can justify that your opinion is somehow more important than the hundreds of thousands of players that actually made up the Halo population, you need to change your tone.

• Upvote (+1) 3
  • Downvote (-1) 11

If you're not comparing Halo 3 to Halo CE or Halo 2 than sure

Except i never did and i dont believe anyone really has. My beef is with people who call it shit just because they dont like it.

So we're using popularity now as an indicator for quality? COD must be awesome then.

Halo 3 deserves all the hate it gets. While being better than default Reach and H4 it was much worse than Halo 2, let alone CE.

I think all halo fans agree COD is shit but we are talking about just halo. Again there you go comparing it to halo 2 and CE 

What is this obession with having to validate yourself by comparing it to those? Again no one is comparing it, just arguing that Halo 3 isnt complete shit. It's a good game some enjoyed it and others didnt.

Oh, I'm sorry. 

I'll ask Cyren and the staffers to code a feature into the board that uses a "pre-signature" to put a preface/header on all of my posts that reads

[etc]

If that makes you feel better. 

They can do that, orrrrr you stop acting like such a dick all the time, and as if you're more important than hundreds of thousands of Halo players because you played Halo CE.

• Upvote (+1) 1

What is this obession with having to validate yourself by comparing it to those? Again no one is comparing it, just arguing that Halo 3 isnt complete shit. It's a good game some enjoyed it and others didnt.

Halo 3 is still better than 99% of all the other games out there for me. But so are Reach and to a degree even Halo 4.

If you see it as a stand alone game and are not a highly competitive player these are pretty good games, but if I measure them by the standard of a good Halo game they are bad to absolute garbage for me.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Except i never did and i dont believe anyone really has. My beef is with people who call it shit just because they dont like it.

I think all halo fans agree COD is shit but we are talking about just halo. Again there you go comparing it to halo 2 and CE 

What context do you expect this conversation to work within? That just because Halo 3 was functional, it was good? The Halo 5 beta is a perfectly workable gaming product, does that make it "good"? 

Here's some food for thought - it's perfectly okay to like something that's bad. I love Beck's song "Loser", and it's probably one of the worst songs ever recorded.

They can do that, orrrrr you stop acting like such a dick all the time, and as if you're more important than hundreds of thousands of Halo players because you played Halo CE.

If I actually articulate my point of view, and you willfully neglect to, then my opinion is more valid by default. More important? That depends on the pretense. But definitely more valid.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Oh, I'm sorry. 

I'll ask Cyren and the staffers to code a feature into the board that uses a "pre-signature" to put a preface/header on all of my posts that reads

THE FOLLOWING IS THE OPINION OF ONE INDIVIDUAL, WHEREIN SUCH SENTIMENTS EXPRESSED DO NOT NECESSARILY REFLECT THE VIEWS OF THE ENTIRE HALO COMMUNITY AND OTHER CONCERNED PARTIES, AND HENCEFORTH SHOULD BE REGARDED AS SUCH

If that makes you feel better. 

That would benefit this site immensely, no sarcasm.

Halo 3 is still better than 99% of all the other games out there for me. But so are Reach and to a degree even Halo 4.

If you see it as a stand alone game and are not a highly competitive player these are pretty good games, but if I measure them by the standard of a good Halo game they are bad to absolute garbage for me.

Yea if you begin to compare it to other halos then it becomes a "bad" game in most people eyes. But that isnt where the bashing comes from on this forum, people here bash it just to bash it and claim their halo ce/2 "master race" to look cool along with their circle jerk friends.

What context do you expect this conversation to work within? That just because Halo 3 was functional, it was good? The Halo 5 beta is a perfectly workable gaming product, does that make it "good"? 

Here's some food for thought - it's perfectly okay to like something that's bad. I love Beck's song "Loser", and it's probably one of the worst songs ever recorded.

Halo 3 wasnt just functional, it was succesful and i measure that by how many people played it both online and in tournaments. You cant say that for reach or halo 5. It was a succesful part of HALO period, if you deny that then my friend you are a potato.

I enjoy that song as well.

• Upvote (+1) 1

When people say Halo 3 is shit, they are referring to the competitive side of the game. This is a forum. We're here to have a discussion. If you disagree with someone, ask why they think that way and be prepared to counter whatever points they bring up. That's how a discussion here is supposed to work.

He made a statement saying that Halo 2 was where the franchise started to decline. He then went on to say that part of that was because of the way maps were designed. Maybe I'm missing something, because I don't see a problem.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Halo 3 wasnt just functional, it was succesful and i measure that by how many people played it both online and in tournaments. You cant say that for reach or halo 5. It was a succesful part of HALO period, if you deny that then my friend you are a potato.

If I were to deny that Justin Bieber sells more records than Mozart, I would most certainly be a potato.

• Upvote (+1) 4

I enjoy that song as well.

No one is saying that Halo 3 wasn't successful. We're talking about the actual game mechanics, which means popularity has no relevance here.

• Upvote (+1) 1

When people say Halo 3 is shit, they are referring to the competitive side of the game. This is a forum. We're here to have a discussion. If you disagree with someone, ask why they think that way and be prepared to counter whatever points they bring up. That's how a discussion here is supposed to work.

He made a statement saying that Halo 2 was where the franchise started to decline. He then went on to say that part of that was because of the way maps were designed. Maybe I'm missing something, because I don't see a problem.

His statement that Halo 2 is where the franchise started to decline is something agreed with by such a pathetically small amount of people that it shouldn't be said in the tone that he says it with.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 2

His statement that Halo 2 is where the franchise started to decline is something agreed with by such a pathetically small amount of people that it shouldn't be said in the tone that he says it with.

I've seen @@BigShow36 post this numerous times.

If you haven't been exposed to the awesomeness of high level Halo CE, but feel that Halo 2 is definitely a great competitive title, than we simply can't have an actual debate/discussion because only one side was exposed to the product that we are comparing it to.

also, the franchise was certainly popular and gained popularity but the mechanics had definitely started to decline.

• Upvote (+1) 2

@@Eyevan yo Brahms just don't bother. H3 isn't h1 (and in some cases h2). So it may as well be h5/vanilla reach/h4 as far as the circlejerk is concerned. Although nbns reach is fine, nuke nades take skill yo :kappa:

The point he was making was that a lot of the problems with Reach, 4 and 5 started appearing in Halo 2, with each game making them more and more apparent.

• Upvote (+1) 3
  • Downvote (-1) 1

I've seen @@BigShow36 post this numerous times.

If you haven't been exposed to the awesomeness of high level Halo CE, but feel that Halo 2 is definitely a great competitive title, than we simply can't have an actual debate/discussion because only one side was exposed to the product that we are comparing it to.

also, the franchise was certainly popular and gained popularity but the mechanics had definitely started to decline.

And I'll post it again. It's my moral duty to send forth the truth.

• Upvote (+1) 3

@@Eyevan yo Brahms just don't bother. H3 isn't h1 (and in some cases h2). So it may as well be h5/vanilla reach/h4 as far as the circlejerk is concerned. Although nbns reach is fine, nuke nades take skill yo :kappa:

You only get 2 of them. git gud