CyReN

Halo: The Master Chief Collection Discussion

Thats funny considering a lot of people including myself got into mlg and halo when halo 3 launched. Halo 3 was HUGE from a "competetive point of view". I am not saying it was better than halo 2, but to say it was shit is just silly.

Oh the irony, stay butthurt

Just because Halo 3's "era" on the circuit was arguably in it's prime doesn't mean that the game wasn't a bad game compared to others.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Thats funny considering a lot of people including myself got into mlg and halo when halo 3 launched. Halo 3 was HUGE from a "competetive point of view". I am not saying it was better than halo 2, but to say it was shit is just silly.

Oh the irony, stay butthurt

Halo 2 invented all of the most important problems we have with Halo today except for sprint, and Halo 3 was all of that bad stuff PLUS shot-dropping and even worse maps. 

• Upvote (+1) 5

Unless you want to play an actual good game then yeh I guess Destiny is the only option.

Seriously though, last time I checked there are more than 2 games on the market.

You are correct, I was only speaking for what my friends are currently playing instead of MCC/H5.

I myself have been playing Dragon Age and AC Unity. 

So, there hasn't been any good halo since Halo: CE

I would agree with that. However, I can hardly fault people whose first real experience came with Halo 2 for liking it; it was an amazing online experience, despite the actual gameplay being pretty atrocious.

• Upvote (+1) 1

The only problems with H3 were leading shots and people's connections online.

Outside of that, the support for the game, as well as it's features, were phenomenal. 

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Just because Halo 3's "era" on the circuit was arguably in it's prime doesn't mean that the game wasn't a bad game compared to others.

I think youre confused. I never said it was better than the others, just stating it isnt shit like some here like to point out everyday as a form to deal with their insecurities.

Halo 2 invented all of the most important problems we have with Halo today except for sprint, and Halo 3 was all of that bad stuff PLUS shot-dropping and even worse maps. 

Halo 2 is good i have nothing against it.

Worse maps? Guardian and The Pit are shit i guess.

I think youre confused. I never said it was better than the others, just stating it isnt shit like some here like to point out everyday as a form to deal with their insecurities.

I friggin loved playing on The Pit.   I disagree with you on that one. 

I friggin loved playing on The Pit.   I disagree with you on that one. 

You disagree with CursedLemon 

he stated that halo 3 brought worse maps, i love the pit

I wrote what I said based off "Halo 3 was HUGE from a competitive point of view" portion of your post. Just because something was big doesn't mean that it also wasn't shit. I didn't assume you thought 3 was better than one or two. Look, I played a lot of 3, and if anything had the best opportunity to make something happen in Halo 3. I upset plenty of great teams and enjoyed my time playing but I can definitely look back at the games and consider Halo 3 to be "rather shitty" while still enjoying it.

• Upvote (+1) 1

The only problems with H3 were leading shots and people's connections online.

Outside of that, the support for the game, as well as it's features, were phenomenal. 

There's nothing wrong with shot lead.

• Upvote (+1) 3

The discussion of halo 3 being shit or not returns. Don't you guys ever get sick of talking about this shit? Like ever?

Halo 2 had bad maps?

I wrote what I said based off "Halo 3 was HUGE from a competitive point of view" portion of your post. Just because something was big doesn't mean that it also wasn't shit. I didn't assume you thought 3 was better than one or two. Look, I played a lot of 3, and if anything had the best opportunity to make something happen in Halo 3. I upset plenty of great teams and enjoyed my time playing but I can definitely look back at the games and consider Halo 3 to be "rather shitty" while still enjoying it.

Thats your opinion though, i personally dont care if someone like it or not but the constant bashing "just because" is annoying and childish

It obviously wasnt shit enough to stay on the circuit for so long and attract a large audience. Some people loved it and some hated it you obviously enjoyed a part of it. Dont see why people cant accept it and stfu about it

The discussion of halo 3 being shit or not returns. Don't you guys ever get sick of talking about this shit? Like ever?

Halo 2 had bad maps?

If you look at the past halo 3 hate it's the same posters over and over. Kinda sad really

What in god's name do you think are Halo 3's good maps if you think Guardian and Pit are shit?

When I see people say that leading shots is a problem with a game, I cringe and lose that much more faith in the gaming community.

It lead to way too many inconsistencies. One game you would lead your shot and it would be fine. Next game, you'd lead it the same amount and they would appear to be eating all day long. So you can cringe all you want, but as a Halo 3 player for years it would be better off if they just had hitscan to minimize those inconsistencies. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

After spending the last couple years playing halo 1 with the idea of becoming good at it i cant even play halo 2 and 3 anymore and i used to love them. If you sat down and got to play halo 2 or whatever is your ultimate experience for so long then going and playing halo reach and 4 then you know exactly what im talking about. Just because you are used to and not bothered by mediocre gameplay doesnt make it anything but just that. If you have not spend a serious amount of time playing halo 1 as a result of MCC do yourself a favor and try it for a while. You are truly experiencing the bad end of a halo 2/3 transition to reach type scenario if you have not.

• Upvote (+1) 3

What in god's name do you think are Halo 3's good maps if you think Guardian and Pit are shit?

Hey don't hate on Construct Hill.

• Upvote (+1) 3

If you look at the past halo 3 hate it's the same posters over and over. Kinda sad really

There is no point in continuing any discussion. You know better as you know its the same posters over and over. They will never change their views and you won't change yours so there is no point in arguing. None of them caught the sarcasm in your last post either regarding halo 3's maps.

SARCASM. HE WAS USING SARCASM. SARCASM

SARCASM

• Upvote (+1) 3

Halo 2 had bad map design philosophy. 

Halo 3 had terrible design philosophy. Every map has a giant wall in the middle of it. The maps without walls in the middle have hills. I swear it's because of the render distance on the 360 couldn't handle seeing too much of the map...

• Upvote (+1) 2

You said halo 3 brought wrose things including the MAPS

I sarcastically posted that guardian and the pit must be shit according to you.

There is no point in continuing any discussion. You know better as you know its the same posters over and over. They will never change their views and you won't change yours so there is no point in arguing. None of them caught the sarcasm in your last post either regarding halo 3's maps.

I agree...i tend to hold it in but someone needs to call them out sometimes.

SARCASM. HE WAS USING SARCASM. SARCASM

SARCASM

At least u caught it

Hey don't hate on Construct Hill.

LITERALLY the worst gametype ever played in Halo that lasted more than two events. 

Halo 3 had terrible design philosophy. Every map has a giant wall in the middle of it. The maps without walls in the middle have hills. I swear it's because of the render distance on the 360 couldn't handle seeing too much of the map...

No argument. But the wide-open design of maps, as opposed to segmented and room-by-room structure, started with H2.

You said halo 3 brought wrose things including the MAPS

I sarcastically posted that guardian and the pit must be shit according to you.

I agree...i tend to hold it in but someone needs to call them out sometimes.

At least u caught it

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Poe%27s_law

Pit is a bad map and Guardian is decent on ball and terrible for TS, just like Lockout. 

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 2