CyReN

Halo: The Master Chief Collection Discussion

The Duke is like the worst controller ever. What is wrong with you guys?

I played CE on that shit. I played JSRF on that shit. I played Phantom Crash on that shit. I played Defender 2002 on that shit. I played Battlefront 1 and 2 on that shit. I played Republic Commando on that shit. I played KoTOR 1 and 2 on that shit. I played Halo 2 on that shit.

I played many a game on that shit.

I'd gladly play on that shit again, even if only for just one more time.

EDIT: Also, the worst controller ever is the N64 controller. Everyone knows that.

• Upvote (+1) 4

H5 beta is a lot more enjoyable than no one talking in H2A, It's frustrating, plus people still will betray people for snipers.

Did someone post on here about being able to use an original Xbox controller on MCC?

Yes that might have been me, the USB converter you will need to do this is called a CronusMax

http://www.amazon.com/CronusMAX-New-Version-xbox-one/dp/B00H2QCLF2/ref=sr_1_1_twi_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1418935845&sr=8-1&keywords=cronusmax

It's a bit pricey, you would also need a USB adapter for the original xbox controller, 

http://www.qrbiz.com/product/2018427/Controller-To-PC-For-Xbox-USB-Cable.html

Just note that this will obviously not allow you to use the controller for voice chat,

I haven't tried this out yet so please do some research if you are looking to buy one, but I don't see why it wouldn't work. I currently use the cronusmax for the xbox 360 controller.

• Upvote (+1) 1

One thing that annoys me is that I put in an insane amount of effort to purchase an Xbox One for this game. I study and my hours at University mean that I've had to turn down jobs and sources of income to focus on study, I make enough to survive but that's about it. In order to get an Xbox One I traded in close to my entire LAN setup that I spent a lot of money and time to acquire.

I'm talking multiple Xbox 360s, controllers, games and equipment that I took a massive hit on in order to be able to get an Xbox One and a preorder of MCC.

You can say it was my choice to do that and that I didn't need to and you'd be absolutely right, You could also say I could have sold my stuff privately to make more money, which is also true but would have taken more time that I didn't feel was worthy of a few extra dollars here and there, but I wouldn't even be second guessing my decision if MCC worked how it was meant to.

Now with the disappointment that is the H5 beta I'm at a point where I'm seriously contemplating selling what I have to recuperate some money and just saying goodbye to one of my favourite hobbies ever.

Do it man. If you're like me and you love halo and only really got an Xbox for it. Then just get rid of it. Microsoft's console has always been shit, produced as cheaply as possible, they've never tried to produce IPs to help Xbox and reward their customers. All they've done is rip us off, first with a defective console, then charging for online gaming to outright selling broken software to get sales.

They are pathetic and without their unbelievable wealth and halo, there would be no xbox right now. Fuck them and Fuck this POS console

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 1

I just watched Halo Follower kiss 343's ass for about 11 minutes and basically say that Halo 5 is the perfect game (Even in its current form mind you) and that everything from Halo 1 to Halo 3 is "Primitive". 

I'll admit the video got me kinda salty. 

Was able to play a few games of MCC tonight it was great / searching in partys is still very hard and takes way to long .

When are new ranks coming and when will the old ones get reset ?

Was able to play a few games of MCC tonight it was great / searching in partys is still very hard and takes way to long .

When are new ranks coming and when will the old ones get reset ?

Ranks are "soon". I expect good things to come from next week's patch. I can't wait to be let down again.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Ranks are "soon". I expect good things to come from next week's patch. I can't wait to be let down again.

i hope we get a few good fixes out of this next update / Ranks and MM working 90% and i would be super happy Oh and BTB made to 8 players not 6

The Duke is like the worst controller ever. What is wrong with you guys?

You must have the hands of a 12 year old girl or something.
  • Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

@OG Xbox Controller on XB1 discussion: I got myself the Chronus with an amazon giftcard I got for christmas. I'll solder myself an USB cable into my Xbox S Controller when I have time. Will post in this thread to share results. It should work given that there are drivers to use it on the PC and the Chronus handles the rest.

I just went like 70-4 over my last three games of halo 2 classic

This is why we need ranks, it can't be fun for the casual player getting stomped all the time

• Upvote (+1) 3

This is depressing. I haven't even tried to play the game since the last update stopped allowing me to.. I'm not buying Halo 5 from this joke of a company. I wish our voices could actually be heard.

• Upvote (+1) 2

So today’s the 2 month anniversary of the release of Halo: The Master Chief Collection release and there are still countless issues with the game. I honestly don’t know how to feel anymore, I could say I’m angry but I’m not. It’s so far past that, it’s amazing how a great idea on paper can be screwed up so bad. I can’t think of anything good that came from the release of the game. 343i looks incompetent in the gaming medium, our competitive league is praying the game doesn’t crash during tournaments, and the franchise is shitstained with this bad reputation now to deter future fans.

I think the biggest gripe I have with the series is the idea of playing with my friends again. Online shooters in recent years have gone the modern war route. This is not one persons fault - if that’s what people enjoyed then fine. But for me and a group of friends, arena shooters on the console like Halo 1-3 always had a special place in our hearts when we played them in our teens. The game was supposed to give us a second shot at our gaming glory years. A lot of us are finishing college, getting full times jobs, starting families etc. Its life, I know. But sometimes at night and on weekends we want to rewind with our favorite games online and modern games don’t do it. THIS WAS THE GAME, and 343 screwed it up. Plain and simple. No nameplate is going to help repair the damage and time you guys took away from us, the fans.

I think one of the things that sucks about the situation is that are honestly good people at 343i. I wish nothing but the best for them, but man, I don’t even know anymore after this dismal release. Your whole purpose as a studio is to lead the Halo name into a positive light but the last few years as a fan have just been dreadful. This was a chance for you guys to revive the franchise from irrelevance. I honestly feel we are now the Sonic of the Shooters, and it sucks. This brand used to be so prestigious, now it’s looked down on.

Now to all the happy go lucky fans, youtubers, content creators that want to pretend there are no issues with the game. You guys are the absolute worst. Grow some balls and be realistic - the release was a colossal failure for the all the different Halo communities and the Halo franchise itself. If you can’t say something negative about the franchise you love, do you actually love it? Nothing is worse than being fake and that’s what you are.

I don’t know what I wanted to achieve with this. I may have burned some bridges but you guys burned me worse. I’m not going to drop the whole lame #DontPreOrderH5 hashtag, shits lame and won’t make a difference. If you want to, speak with your wallet at release.

<3

post-35717-Will-Smith-DAMN-gif-Imgur-15t

• Upvote (+1) 9

I just went like 70-4 over my last three games of halo 2 classic

This is why we need ranks, it can't be fun for the casual player getting stomped all the time

this is my life now

sBPHB8v.png

... 343 pls help us for the love of god </3

@@Bravo

• Upvote (+1) 3