CyReN

Halo: The Master Chief Collection Discussion

The problem isn't lag, it's that the game is pretty much unplayable at times for many. Riot acknowledge problems, but take way too long in actually fixing them, and the East Coast servers are a perfect example of this (even though this isn't entirely Riots fault). IIRC Earlier last year Riot said that connection problems on the NA server would be fixed before the end of the year. Then you have the EUW cycle: it will be unplayable for the better part of a week, Riot announces compensation for players affected, compensation isn't given, then the same problems come back a month or two later. It's a cycle that has repeated itself for a long time.

Communication is great, but it feels like Riot tells players what they want to hear, while taking too long tto actually act on it.

Just go play Dota, it's a better game anyways.

Man what are you talking about? Interest in halo 5? what about the ppl who are still playing or attempting to play tmcc? we've gotten a patch or two almost every week now, it's been a routine thing for them. However, it's been a couple weeks since the last patch and now we are hearing that the next one is being delayed, but they can put out a fucking achievement update, and you're ok with this? I wish I could have your "they'll eventually get there" attitude, but I don't and I won't. No one is rushing 343 to do anything, we are expecting them to continue patching the game like they've been doing and now we have a delay for no apparent reason but the obvious....WE WANT YOU TO PLAY OUR GAME.

Can't believe there are still ppl trying to defend or give these clowns a pass

I'd wait three months for one huge end-all fix-all patch rather than a bunch of tiny patches that only makes everyone mad including myself.

http://www.reddit.com/r/halo/comments/2rl1qa/sdk_leak_and_thoughts_around_mcc_issues/

I'm not sure if this was posted, but this was pretty interesting if it's true. 

Holy mother! If that's true then why doesn't 343 tell us this in a way that doesn't necessarily burn Microsoft to the ground?  But, I'm also thinking if this is true, isn't it true for other developers as well and COD, BF4 and Destiny aren't having issues with matchmaking.  So, who's know what the f'd to believe!

• Upvote (+1) 1

It would align to what Frankie said. "Literally nothing we could have saw in internal testing."

Whether or not this forum has the mental capacity to believe that 343i isn't literally Hitler is another matter, though.

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 1

I'd wait three months for one huge end-all fix-all patch rather than a bunch of tiny patches that only makes everyone mad including myself.

Eh.... software development doesn't work like that.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Riot is a terrible example for showing how a dev should handle their game. East coast players have been having problems for almost 2 years, and their EU West server has problems on an almost weekly basis. Not even going to go into detail about how poorly their updates balance the game, or terrible game client.

if ur talking about server locations i ping 40 to LAN from the middle of carolina

Unsure, I was on it playing team slayer and found games Purdy fast. Was drunk with friends who are Destiny shrubs so didn't even check v7. My 360 was stolen a while back so I only get on to play when I'm at my mates but am there ppretty often ATM (job I'm working is seasonal, so I'm deadbeatin til Feb). So should be able to get on near any day. You still "beyond sam"?. Had to cancel all me old gts cos forgot passs and MS stealing all me money even though I turned off auto renewel. Fuckers.

Yeah same GT.

its like under 5mins if you search by urself.

10mins if searching with one person.

+5mins for every consecutive person. 

It's still awful. Took 30 minutes to get into a party with friends and then find a game.

Then the enemy team all quit. Excellent use of my time.

Alright, thanks. I guess I won't be touching MCC for a while then.
  • Upvote (+1) 1

Funny how halo was in the shitter with H4 and then MCC flops and yet the forums seem to be getting more popular with people just to rage.

Personally I never joined a halo forum until the end of halo reach just to rant about how H4 needed an in game ranking system. I was too busy enjoying halo to be on the forums.

And yet here I am everyday lurking, looking for some ray of hope. Some part of me enjoys seeing utter chaos like this. A part of me feels good that Halo is failing. I honestly don't know why I feel that way, but I do.

I just like to hear people rage about Halo. We need another Bomb Planted show. We need to keep letting the world know that MCC is not acceptable and people need to stop preordering games. MCC sealed the deal for me with that.

At the end of the day I just want MCC to work as it was intended to. I'm in no rush at this point. Whether its the Xbox Ones problem or the games idk but fix the party system and get it right. Don't care how long it takes anymore you already lost tens of thousands of people but I will come back when/if its done because I loved old halo and I'm not going to pretend I dont want to play it and try to get a refund. I can't lie to myself I have to believe that at some point it will work.

End rant. Sorry but just needed to get that out.

• Upvote (+1) 5

The reason the forums are getting more popular is because the insane times for finding matches or the game itself doesn't work.

• Upvote (+1) 2

I played h1 with a party of 3 for many, many hours yesterday. We got games really quickly, and for the most part it was awesome. Our only issues were:

-re sending invites after every game because we can't back out together

-occasionally getting stuck in "joining session" and never getting a game

-one guy on the other team would trigger "anti-aim" every time I shot at him, every game.

-slayer games didn't end when we made them quit.

If they fix that stuff, and then just add ranks and increase the score limit in ball/hill, it'll be the last game I ever play.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Have you tried chilling in the post-game stat screen until everyone has the option to press B? Having everyone press B at the same time has been working great for me and my friends.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Imagine if this game released on the 360

All of these games were playable on the 360, and the 360 could keep parties together.

Idk, sounds cool.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I played h1 with a party of 3 for many, many hours yesterday. We got games really quickly, and for the most part it was awesome. Our only issues were:

-occasionally getting stuck in "joining session" and never getting a game

-one guy on the other team would trigger "anti-aim" every time I shot at him, every game.

-slayer games didn't end when we made them quit.

If they fix that stuff, and then just add ranks and increase the score limit in ball/hill, it'll be the last game I ever play.

Wait you can search with 3? Thought you could only search with 2

Have you tried chilling in the post-game stat screen until everyone has the option to press B? Having everyone press B at the same time has been working great for me and my friends.

We did, but invites honestly might be faster. Idk for sure though.

Wait you can search with 3? Thought you could only search with 2

Yep. As of a couple weeks ago.

So new patch didn't do diddly?

There hasn't been a new patch yet. Sometime next week they say....Fix more party issues they say....New achievements Thursday that they think we need they say.....

• Upvote (+1) 2

Imagine if this game released on the 360

Wanted to downvote this out of anger/frustration and spiralling depression 343 has sent me to. :(

Does anybody if co-op campaign still lags online?

Never played any of the halo campaigns so might be worth playing them while matchmaking is still broken