CyReN

Halo: The Master Chief Collection Discussion

343 doesn't even care enough to keep us in the loop about what's going on, or fix basic things that have been plaguing the game for months, and Riot is over here building custom networks to make their game play the best it possibly can.

http://kotaku.com/league-of-legends-is-building-its-own-network-to-kill-l-1677872200?utm_campaign=Socialflow_Kotaku_Facebook&utm_source=Kotaku_Facebook&utm_medium=Socialflow

I really wish beyond would do a story about this on the front page. Forum polls and conversations do nothing (as everyone should know by now). There needs to be a front page article about how incredibly poorly MCC has been handled and is not turning out and there needs to be a story about how sprint should not be part of the game. 

• Upvote (+1) 4

"One or more players not ready for Matchmaking"

F**k everything man

That makes me want to break something. Does everyone have to manually join their friends after a match? Shit pisses me off

So, watched the ninja and flamesword recap vids. Wish they'd talk to 343 about getting Sprint out of halo 5 instead of looking out for themselves. I guess nothings changed. Assuming the rumours are true, which they probably are. 343 have no problem splitting the player base up with having "arena" and then essentially a "battlefield mode" for h5.

I don't see it being impossible if the "pro" community pressed for no sprint in the arena mode- it coming to fruition. At least make it some sort of mechanic where players can perhaps do a different more skilled input so they can shoot while being in a "Sprint/turbo" mode. Throw button combos in there too, few more nerdy things like instant thrust recharge after a kill. Y'know some of the good ideas being thrown around while 343 still have their way more or less.

Very frustrating hearing ninja make suggestions for h5 when there are far more important issues with the game.

So, watched the ninja and flamesword recap vids. Wish they'd talk to 343 about getting Sprint out of halo 5 instead of looking out for themselves. I guess nothings changed. Assuming the rumours are true, which they probably are. 343 have no problem splitting the player base up with having "arena" and then essentially a "battlefield mode" for h5.

I don't see it being impossible if the "pro" community pressed for no sprint in the arena mode- it coming to fruition. At least make it some sort of mechanic where players can perhaps do a different more skilled input so they can shoot while being in a "Sprint/turbo" mode. Throw button combos in there too, few more nerdy things like instant thrust recharge after a kill. Y'know some of the good ideas being thrown around while 343 still have their way more or less.

Very frustrating hearing ninja make suggestions for h5 when there are far more important issues with the game.

Sprint is already in the commercials. It will be in the game. Best you could hope for is a toggle for customs, and when the population inevitably craters like H4 did, hope H6 goes back to the basics

Sprint is already in the commercials. It will be in the game. Best you could hope for is a toggle for customs, and when the population inevitably craters like H4 did, hope H6 goes back to the basics

This has been said for over 4 years. Do you think it will ever change?

I don't even

Bravo's probably the only person at 343 I have an iota of sympathy for. It's a shame that he has to answer for other people's stupidity on twitter all day. Guess that's what you sign on for when you take a job as a community manager though.

• Upvote (+1) 1

It's Ninja. He's the king of the shameless frontrunners. I'm surprised he hasn't put out his own Greenskull-esque "I LUV HALO 5 SO EVERY1 STOP COMPLAINING PLZ" video yet. Or has he?

• Downvote (-1) 1

So far in my MCC experience today...

My first game didn't load.

Stuck in game chat, restarted Xbox twice.

Searched in a party of four got put on the other team.

All this happened in succession within the last 20 minutes.

Thanks 343

It's Ninja. He's the king of the shameless frontrunners. I'm surprised he hasn't put out his own Greenskull-esque "I LUV HALO 5 SO EVERY1 STOP COMPLAINING PLZ" video yet. Or has he?

He's said on stream the game had potential. Same thing he said with h4. 'Xact same thing.

And as predicted they'll update next week. 3 weeks of beta, 1 MCC update. It's gonna suck so much going from a decently working product to this mess of a game. But hey Spartan Ops will get achievements tomorrow.

Man what are you talking about? Interest in halo 5? what about the ppl who are still playing or attempting to play tmcc? we've gotten a patch or two almost every week now, it's been a routine thing for them. However, it's been a couple weeks since the last patch and now we are hearing that the next one is being delayed, but they can put out a fucking achievement update, and you're ok with this? I wish I could have your "they'll eventually get there" attitude, but I don't and I won't. No one is rushing 343 to do anything, we are expecting them to continue patching the game like they've been doing and now we have a delay for no apparent reason but the obvious....WE WANT YOU TO PLAY OUR GAME.

Can't believe there are still ppl trying to defend or give these clowns a pass

Accidental neg but all of this is real talk.

I'm going to stay in here now, because I don't think Halo 5 is going to thrive. Praying for MCC to get fixed soon.

• Upvote (+1) 1

And as predicted they'll update next week. 3 weeks of beta, 1 MCC update. It's gonna suck so much going from a decently working product to this mess of a game. But hey Spartan Ops will get achievements tomorrow.

Hey at least in MCC(When it works) there are good halo games.

343 doesn't even care enough to keep us in the loop about what's going on, or fix basic things that have been plaguing the game for months, and Riot is over here building custom networks to make their game play the best it possibly can.

http://kotaku.com/league-of-legends-is-building-its-own-network-to-kill-l-1677872200?utm_campaign=Socialflow_Kotaku_Facebook&utm_source=Kotaku_Facebook&utm_medium=Socialflow

Riot is a terrible example for showing how a dev should handle their game. East coast players have been having problems for almost 2 years, and their EU West server has problems on an almost weekly basis. Not even going to go into detail about how poorly their updates balance the game, or terrible game client.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Riot is a terrible example for showing how a dev should handle their game. East coast players have been having problems for almost 2 years, and their EU West server has problems on an almost weekly basis. Not even going to go into detail about how poorly their updates balance the game, or terrible game client.

Not 100% true, their support is there...always. Lag is always going to happen no matter how things are handled, dedis,p2p...you name it, there will always be lag online. Riot and Valve are probably the best examples out there of devs are that are in CONSTANT communication with the community.

• Upvote (+1) 1

What if this next patch isn't the cure all for matchmaking and we're still having trouble staying with out party, games crashing, having to quit the build among numerous other issues? I'm thinking there's noway this next patch resolves most of this issues, but I hope I'm wrong and especially where matchmaking is concerned.

Halo 5 Beta will soon be over and if MCC is still broken after this next update, I think I'll be giving the Halo series a rest for a while and that just sucks.

Halo is what originally brought me to the Xbox starting with Halo Combat Evolved. I enjoying gaming and primarily FPS, and I have most of the current gen FPS games for Xbox One including COD: Ghost, COD: AW, Battlefield 4, and Destiny. None of those have the sticky of the Halo series for me personally. I enjoy those games, but when it comes to playing with friends, Halo 2, 3, Reach were the Halo's I remember having the most casual fun and I'm wondering if Halo will ever return to a state where--for me--it's fun game to play with friends.

Fingers crossed that within the next year we'll have MCC working like we promised at the last E3 and the months leading to launch... cause we're not even close right now. Let's hope MCC is fixed before Halo 5 launch or we may never get the Halo Collection we hoped for.

Not 100% true, their support is there...always. Lag is always going to happen no matter how things are handled, dedis,p2p...you name it, there will always be lag online. Riot and Valve are probably the best examples out there of devs are that are in CONSTANT communication with the community.

The problem isn't lag, it's that the game is pretty much unplayable at times for many. Riot acknowledge problems, but take way too long in actually fixing them, and the East Coast servers are a perfect example of this (even though this isn't entirely Riots fault). IIRC Earlier last year Riot said that connection problems on the NA server would be fixed before the end of the year. Then you have the EUW cycle: it will be unplayable for the better part of a week, Riot announces compensation for players affected, compensation isn't given, then the same problems come back a month or two later. It's a cycle that has repeated itself for a long time.

Communication is great, but it feels like Riot tells players what they want to hear, while taking too long tto actually act on it.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1