CyReN

Halo: The Master Chief Collection Discussion

All I want is this game to be fixed so I can play the halo I love and move on from the shitty next gen version were getting for the next two titles.

It's been so long since I've played a competitive Halo. I quit near the end of halo 2, missed all of halo 3 since I didn't have an Xbox, got to play reach v7 for a year and then we got halo 4. It feels like it's been forever since I've played a popular thriving halo.

• Upvote (+1) 1

The shot registration (or lag, or whatever) on H2C is horror-awful.

I've missed 50% of my snipes that should've connected.

i actualy picked up beam rifle on Burial Mounds one time and saw an enemy on turret and shot him on the head once, nothing. Second time, nothing and finally the third shot I got the kill lol.

After that Im giving up on h2c until they update it

H2C in the shape its currently in is heartbreaking as its return to Xbox Live was one of the big selling points of MCC (along with CE on XBL for the first time ever, Dedicated Servers, 1080p/60fps, etc)

If they wanna push H2A it's whatever (it's the current competitive Halo game in HCS, so that's understandable, although H2A has its own issues like netcode, maps, etc) but a LOT of the MCC population bought MCC to play H2C with their friends again on XBL after the OG Xbox Live servers were shut off (most of us went to XBC/Kai but again talking about the older halo fans that moved on and came back for MCC in this case).

CE and H2C have very loyal fanbases that want to see the best for these two games. The CE community fought HARD to get the MCC version of CE to where it is now with all of the fixes (I think it was somewhere here I read someone say that at its current patched state, MCC CE is still not the OG Xbox version we want but prob as close to it as we prob will get from 343 and plays less like the trash PC version. It's more of a middle ground between OG Xbox CE and Halo PC with it leaning more toward OG Xbox with work still needed to be done on 343s end) as well as getting 343 to finally release the CE playlist

The H2C community needs to fight to get H2C the fixes it so desperately needs just like the CE community did for MCC CE. Even though there is H2A, 343 needs to realize that H2C still exists and matters to a big portion of the MCC population. What good is Team Hardcore and Team Snipers playlists gonna do when the main game that will be featured heavily in these playlists has horrible shot/hit registration thus defeating the point of these playlists? And this is coming from someone who wants Team Hardcore to return ASAP

I've said it before and I'll say it again: MCC should've been a license to print money for MS and a chance to curb stomp Sony in sales for another month as well as the game that 343 redeemed some trust from the Halo community since it was basically a love letter to the halo community as well as a huge amount of fan service. What actually happened was MS got short term sales that eventually were reversed since a lot of the day one players got refunds due to the game releasing in the shape it launched in as well as 343 receiving even MORE backlash as they botched what should've been an easy job by outsourcing the work instead of either having the portion of the studio not working on Halo 5 work on it themselves or having a very close eye on the progress of the outsourced ports.

TL;DR: H2C still having issues is a damn shame as it coming back to XBL in all its former glory was one of the selling points of MCC and the H2C community should fight for it to be fixed by 343 like the CE community did for MCC CE. MCC could've been a license to print money and gain 343 some trust back but lead to most day one buyers getting refunds and getting 95% of the Halo community to despise 343 for messing up the older Halos and now people who never played CE, H2C, and to an extent H3 prior to MCC prob think this is how the games were back in the day and don't see why the Halo community holds them in such high regard

• Upvote (+1) 3

Well I think the H2C netcode is going to be getting an update in the next big patch since Bravo confirmed that 343 is at least aware of the issue.

But I would tweet this video at Bravo and other 343 twitters just incase so they are aware that H2C has hit registration issues.

I've been playing H1 and H5.

Yeah, you play halo 5 because it's free and feedback, but then have to go back to halo ce to get halo 5 out of your system.

It's like chemotherapy

Yeah, it's ridiculously terrible. Takes a lot to be worse than it was on the OG Xbox. It's basically impossible to snipe at long range now:

https://account.xbox.com/en-us/gameclip/4d2ab754-f5c6-4096-a18e-5a5af4ccff49?gamerTag=Sneeaky%20Beav3r&scid=03a80100-9ff3-46ea-be76-e00e7fe465df

Just ONE of the 7 snipes I hit in that 20 second clip actually registered.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Nexy and I are going to run some 2s in H1 if anyone wants to put a team together and play us around 8 ET.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Nexy and I are going to run some 2s in H1 if anyone wants to put a team together and play us around 8 ET.

I could play! Need a second though

I could play! Need a second though

i could be your second, im no noob :)

GT = beamimpact (from EU, got no problem with playing on US host)

aside from that

looking for some CE customs right now, playing the 3v3 list is just boring or frustrating :/

Me and my mates are laughing at how messed this game is, almost two hours and only got two games because we cant maintain the party together.

Oh and the two games we got were, gungoose and Halo 4.

H2C BTB, 4/12 sniper shots counted on a player that wasn't moving.

i could be your second, im no noob :)

GT = beamimpact (from EU, got no problem with playing on US host)

aside from that

looking for some CE customs right now, playing the 3v3 list is just boring or frustrating :/

hey could you play with oh4 instead? I got other plans instead now:( I will play CE possibly later on though

Never really played it before, but I'm going to give HCE a go.

let me know if you need a wingman ;)

(man im so desperate for some proper CE games...)

• Upvote (+1) 1

let me know if you need a wingman ;)

(man im so desperate for some proper CE games...)

Anything to get me off of Halo fucking 5

great, im already ingame

sent u a request (beamimpact)

I'll be on in a few. I'd like to get some 2v2s going.