CyReN

Halo: The Master Chief Collection Discussion

When I do get to play H2A the shots do damage. More so than any Halo game I've played online (offhost). I think it's great in that department. It's the other games where I have issues, particularly H3, but I rarely had to play that. H2C - BR across map is useless; it does nothing.

The lobby is putrid though. I met someone in a random game, he invites me, but we have to do a song and dance since one of us "wasn't ready for matchmaking." So after that, we had to deal with not hearing each other, and ended up using party chat. On top of it randomly kicking one of us out of the lobby, and then later making it impossible to join each other's room.

I can't believe that's still an issue. And the design of the lobby is shit too. You would think that would be the easiest thing to port over.

And I miss clan matches

There can't be many people on anymore in Australia because I am getting dedicated servers every game in MCC, it's extremely obvious when it's a server instead of p2p.

As for ranks, I completely forgot that ranks were a thing in MCC.

weren't*  :prayers:  :prayers:  :prayers:

lol hi

Just jumped onto the MCC after playing the H5 Beta for the past couple of days and man is this game shitty. H2A game play is great but: 

1. I found matches in the H5 Beta significantly than in the MCC
  2. Shot registration is way better in the beta. 
  3. MCC was supposed to run on dedicated servers but it only works sometimes 4

I still want to believe that Halo can thrive again but It's near impossible with a developer like 343. They claim that everyone who went to 343 did it for the love of Halo but their work shows otherwise. 

Just jumped onto the MCC after playing the H5 Beta for the past couple of days and man is this game shitty. H2A game play is great but:

• I found matches in the H5 Beta significantly than in the MCC
  • Shot registration is way better in the beta.
  • MCC was supposed to run on dedicated servers but it only works sometimes 4
I still want to believe that Halo can thrive again but It's near impossible with a developer like 343. They claim that everyone who went to 343 did it for the love of Halo but their work shows otherwise.

They loved the opportunity to fix halo.

1. I found matches in the H5 Beta significantly than in the MCC
  2. Shot registration is way better in the beta. 
  3. MCC was supposed to run on dedicated servers but it only works sometimes 4

I guess it's hard to make a transition from 360 to Xbone. BF4 had a lot of issues but I'm not sure if it had enough as MCC. Then again, Bungie manage to do somewhat well with Destiny's Launch. That game had issues but at least Bungie was straight forward with us and pointed out what the problems were.

Now I cant search in a party of any size. Keep getting an error that says one or more players is not ready to start match matchmaking.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I've actually been enjoying Halo 5, but that may be because it put me in Silver I and ranked me incorrectly and I've been stomping on noobs.  However, MCC is the reason I bought an Xbox One.  Everything else that's released is just gravy.  If this game doesn't get fixed soon, like really soon, I will be purchasing a PS4 and selling off this console altogether.  There hasn't been a patch in what, 9 or 10 days now?  They better be releasing a big patch pretty damn soon that fixes damn near everything.  That's what one would think while most are off playing the beta, no?

If the newest patch doesn't fix almost everything, there's no way in hell this game will ever be playable.  2 months in and I can't play the game for a few hours without quitting the application, not being able to join my friends, and can't even talk to them because party chat is busted!  This franchise is so lucky that it has die hards out there like us that do not find the same enjoyment in games like Call of Duty or Battlefield or else it would have been dead long ago. 

• Upvote (+1) 2

Well I was just banned from r/halo. I just can't deal with the shallow thought processing that goes on there and that's why I'm thankful for this forum. They simply have been brought up in a world where they do not have to think ever. It's just a bunch of fucking squealing children for mommy's teat. They cannot be bothered with actually taking 2 minutes to read a paragraph about why fast kill times for players shooting well is what halo needs and that sprint exacerbates this problem. Every other person on that subreddit actually believes that sprint speeds up the game and hasn't even taken 2 seconds to think that games run MUCH longer now BECAUSE EVERYONE CAN JUST FUCKING RUN AWAY. It's just crazy...This sounds extreme but fuck it, the real reason people are so mad in my opinion about Halo is because it's like a family dog passing away. We can never get Halo back. We know that MCC may never work but if it does, at least we'll have that. It'll be a small community but we will never get that feeling of playing a ridiculously fun Halo game in a thriving community that is a brand new game because 343i simply does not understand Halo. That is their fundamental problem and since in years it has not changed, it's not going to change now. Sad days for a once fantastic hobby.

• Upvote (+1) 3
  • Downvote (-1) 2

Am I the only one who does not find a game on Mcc at all since the last update?

At first it says "players found" then "connecting session" but after one minute or something it changes to "failed to connect"

Do we have any updates on a patch or playlist update? I feel like it's been a long time since we were updated on any progress. I'm assuming the team took some time off for the holidays, as they should, but I'm hoping there has been some good progress made in the background. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

I've been having fun glitching the H2 classic maps. Some of the old glitches still work. I've gotten out of Ivory tower, Zanzibar, Terminal, Elongation, Gemini, Burial mounds,Turf, and even learned how to get out of District. I attempted backwash but couldn't do it. Seems like you can't break through solid barriers so some glitches don't work. Still working on a few maps

Do we have any updates on a patch or playlist update? I feel like it's been a long time since we were updated on any progress. I'm assuming the team took some time off for the holidays, as they should, but I'm hoping there has been some good progress made in the background. 

Bravo responded to a tweet saying no updates this week and no ETA for the next one. You'd have to think they will release something next week... but who knows

Yeah its about time. Someone come Out and say what's going on with MCC and when their next scheduled update is going to be.

I've been having fun glitching the H2 classic maps. Some of the old glitches still work. I've gotten out of Ivory tower, Zanzibar, Terminal, Elongation, Gemini, Burial mounds,Turf, and even learned how to get out of District. I attempted backwash but couldn't do it. Seems like you can't break through solid barriers so some glitches don't work. Still working on a few maps

Can you get out of Containment? That map feels like a true campaign segment.