CyReN

Halo: The Master Chief Collection Discussion

Wonder if they'll drop the patch today. They'll be off tomorrow and who knows about Friday that's really dependent on where you work.

They've has so much leeway with the holidays and the beta, they need to come correct with this next one

A patch would be nice.  I'm ready to play Halo. I know it's an ugly word in this forum, but I've been playing COD: AW because it's nice to launch a game, choose xbox live, match making, a playlist, and boom you are in a game. I'm not staring at my screen for 5, 10 or possibly 20 minutes or more to start a game. Hopefully someday Halo will work like should, but until then, it's just hard to choose Halo from the dashboard knowing what a rough experience it'll be to get into and hopefully complete a game.

343 start this year off right and give us a solid update... please and thank you!

Yeah I just went to Twitter and looked. I said it earlier I wouldn't mind if they skipped this week if it meant we would get a substantial patch out of it.

Yeah I just went to Twitter and looked. I said it earlier I wouldn't mind if they skipped this week if it meant we would get a substantial patch out of it.

My hopes are sky high :kappa:

• Upvote (+1) 1

Sorry I messed up the image..he responded saying no update this week but they are working hard on next CU

Just edited your post to include the right tweet.

• Upvote (+1) 1

"...team is working hard on the next CU."

*rushes back into the office to start working on said CU*

• Upvote (+1) 4

Halo 5 gameplay aside, it's going to be very depressing going back to MCC with no dedi's, no ranking system and a lot more bugs than a legitimate Beta game has.

I'm absolutely done. Halo has become politics. I got straight up conned out of a grand for 2 Xbox Ones and 2 MCC. Just give me Halo. Time to get Riot Games to make a reskinned CE/2/3 for pc. I'm out.

19bc048828bdaf773e2a033cb06bfea0.png

• Upvote (+1) 1

Any major improvements in Halo PC didn't come from the devs (which aren't even the same as MCC), but from the community. Sure there was custom edition (released in 2004) that added the ability to play custom maps, but all other major improvements (automatic map downloads, server join queues, server bookmarking, FOV adjustment, medals from other Halo games, etc) were all products of the community.

Sorry to burst your bubble, but without the community's involvement Halo PC would only have basic functionality it shipped with (even the master server list isn't hosted by Bungie/Gamespy anymore) and the shot-lead would still be as ridiculous as it was when it launched in 2003.

TL;DR - Your faith in the devs is misplaced, as the addition of Halo PC's greatest features came from the community, not Gearbox/Bungie (who had no hand in MCC anyway).

I'm pretty sure he meant improvements to Halo PC code that was implemented in MCC... not Halo PC itself back in 2003.

Lol i messaged you after you posted this and got no response.

Saw it on the box an hr later when I was done gaming. Another time.

After playing MCC for a week, I completely and utterly regret purchasing this shitbox of a console. The only thing stopping me is that I really want Shadows of Mordor and the H1-3 campaigns overwhelm me with nostalgia.

I could tolerate the terrible UI. I could tolerate the collection's various glitches. But I only gave a shit about 2 things; CE because it's not dumbed down Halo, and H2A because if you're gonna play dumbed down Halo you might as well play the shiniest one. Neither of these games are playable in MP, because the netcode for each is all but fucked.

CE: Look at this. THAT IS FUCKING DISGUSTING.

H2A: My bullets literally do not register 50% of the time. I cannot win individual battles, EVER. My grenades are nearly always thrown 1-2 seconds after I pull the trigger, my melees don't connect, and my opponents have a complete disregard for the laws of physics. I drop HUGE neg bombs in half my games simply because I cannot kill ANYTHING (and I'm still positive because the actual game is shit-easy). Yes, I'm Australian, and my country has third-world internet, but Reach's hit detection was perfect for me (even on American host).

I give up. I am not playing another game of matchmaking, not until I hear that 343i have fixed their fucking game for good. I am going to re-buy Reach to play v7 on the 360, then I am NEVER buying anything Halo-related EVER again. Not H5, not H6, not even another Xbox. As for 343 industries, I was considering listing a myriad of curses and personal insults but honestly, no amount of bashing would do them enough justice. I just hope they're happy that they've lost a long-time fan forever.

• Upvote (+1) 4
  • Downvote (-1) 1

After playing MCC for a week, I completely and utterly regret purchasing this shitbox of a console. The only thing stopping me is that I really want Shadows of Mordor and the H1-3 campaigns overwhelm me with nostalgia.

I could tolerate the terrible UI. I could tolerate the collection's various glitches. But I only gave a shit about 2 things; CE because it's not dumbed down Halo, and H2A because if you're gonna play dumbed down Halo you might as well play the shiniest one. Neither of these games are playable in MP, because the netcode for each is all but fucked.

CE: Look at this. THAT IS FUCKING DISGUSTING.

H2A: My bullets literally do not register 50% of the time. I cannot win individual battles, EVER. My grenades are nearly always thrown 1-2 seconds after I pull the trigger, my melees don't connect, and my opponents have a complete disregard for the laws of physics. I drop HUGE neg bombs in half my games simply because I cannot kill ANYTHING (and I'm still positive because the actual game is shit-easy). Yes, I'm Australian, and my country has third-world internet, but Reach's hit detection was perfect for me (even on American host).

I give up. I am not playing another game of matchmaking, not until I hear that 343i have fixed their fucking game for good. I am going to re-buy Reach to play v7 on the 360, then I am NEVER buying anything Halo-related EVER again. Not H5, not H6, not even another Xbox. As for 343 industries, I was considering listing a myriad of curses and personal insults but honestly, no amount of bashing would do them enough justice. I just hope they're happy that they've lost a long-time fan forever.

Convert to Destiny. 

If I'm not a fan of H5, what are the chances that I'll like Destiny?

'Cuz Destiny doesn't try to be Halo. If H5 is shit Halo and Destiny is shit Halo, I take Destiny because it's not even Halo lol

• Upvote (+1) 1