CyReN

Halo: The Master Chief Collection Discussion

Has anyone else lost all faith that ranks will be put into this game? Because I have.

I would love ranks, but since the last patch, I'm back to not being able to find a fucking game. 

Tried H2... nothing.

Tried H3... nothing.

Tried Team Slayer.... found 7/8 players and said joining game and just didn't join.

I cannot stand H5, so now I'm playing Kinect Rivals' Bowling with my daughter.

Definitely justifies my purchase of a next gen console. :(

• Upvote (+1) 5

I have no faith that this game will ever be fully functional.  They're just going to patch it until it's playable and basically smear lipstick on a pig.  No way will they ever put the time or resources in necessary to actually make the game a masterpiece.  343's track record does nothing to dispel this notion. 

I think it will be fully fixed eventually but it will probably take about a couple more months before we get to that point I mean look at how far Halo PC has come from the state it was in when the game was launched.

I mean the major things that are left is too fix the H2C Netcode, ranks, fix H2A lag, sort out the playlists, get dedicated servers up, and a few more Halo PC bugs along with whatever campaign issues are left over none of this is stuff that can't be fixed over time.

• Downvote (-1) 1

I would love ranks, but since the last patch, I'm back to not being able to find a fucking game. 

Tried H2... nothing.

Tried H3... nothing.

Tried Team Slayer.... found 7/8 players and said joining game and just didn't join.

I cannot stand H5, so now I'm playing Kinect Rivals' Bowling with my daughter.

Definitely justifies my purchase of a next gen console. :(

what about CE? I seem to find games in there with ease!

Has anyone else lost all faith that ranks will be put into this game? Because I have.

I lost faith in 343 entirely.

And I would love to be proven wrong when I say they will not support MCC with the same enthusiasm as h5.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I guess as a phd student studying organizational behavior, I'm going to just chalk this attitude up to individual differences. I think a large chunk of the community, including myself, just doesn't have the "hey fuck up the series I really like completely and I'll just be okay with it," attitude. 

I can agree with that. Only reason I'm fine with 343i making a Halo game not classic Halo or what I feel is good Halo is because Bungie has been doing the same crap since '07 (Or really '04 but i actually had some fun with h2 even though it has a ton of stupid shit). What made the series fun for me died when h3 came out so something new is completely fine with me since Halo hasn't had a good "Halo" game in 10 years

I can agree with that. Only reason I'm fine with 343i making a Halo game not classic Halo or what I feel is good Halo is because Bungie has been doing the same crap since '07 (Or really '04 but i actually had some fun with h2 even though it has a ton of stupid shit). What made the series fun for me died when h3 came out so something new is completely fine with me since Halo hasn't had a good "Halo" game in 10 years

Yeah, I get that perspective. Logically, I should have stopped caring a realllly long time ago.

• Upvote (+1) 1

It has gotten to a point where I could just take a glance at my brothers Xbox one,and I shake my head in disappointment.

Luckily I'm part of the PC master race so I still have tons of fun playing games, but it just pisses me off how bad 343 shit the bed.

didn't get my nameplates yet....i know i played the game during the time period to get it....it might be glitched or delayed for certain

didn't get my nameplates yet....i know i played the game during the time period to get it....it might be glitched or delayed for certain

They aren't even meant to be out right now. 

It's because you voted yes for sprint.

:kappa:

• Upvote (+1) 1

The 22.12 patch didn't make things worse for me.

Was finding games in the CE pretty quicky. No uneven teams although I only played for like two hours while the H5 Beta downloaded.

Anti aim is still there though.

I think it will be fully fixed eventually but it will probably take about a couple more months before we get to that point I mean look at how far Halo PC has come from the state it was in when the game was launched.

I mean the major things that are left is too fix the H2C Netcode, ranks, fix H2A lag, sort out the playlists, get dedicated servers up, and a few more Halo PC bugs along with whatever campaign issues are left over none of this is stuff that can't be fixed over time.

Any major improvements in Halo PC didn't come from the devs (which aren't even the same as MCC), but from the community. Sure there was custom edition (released in 2004) that added the ability to play custom maps, but all other major improvements (automatic map downloads, server join queues, server bookmarking, FOV adjustment, medals from other Halo games, etc) were all products of the community.

Sorry to burst your bubble, but without the community's involvement Halo PC would only have basic functionality it shipped with (even the master server list isn't hosted by Bungie/Gamespy anymore) and the shot-lead would still be as ridiculous as it was when it launched in 2003.

TL;DR - Your faith in the devs is misplaced, as the addition of Halo PC's greatest features came from the community, not Gearbox/Bungie (who had no hand in MCC anyway).

So many people honeymooning Halo 5. I will not get caught in the same trap.

Seriously though it's different this time.

It has gotten to a point where I could just take a glance at my brothers Xbox one,and I shake my head in disappointment.

Luckily I'm part of the PC master race so I still have tons of fun playing games, but it just pisses me off how bad 343 shit the bed.

I'm about to the point of selling my XBONE, the only reason i bought it was Halo, and at this point I'm not sure if MCC can recover from the launch. Not to mention the Halo 5 beta just hurts my heart. Aside from that there is nothing really exciting to look forward to on the XBONE. To me it feels like a clunky piece of outdated hardware. A PS4 and my PC will be plenty for my gaming needs.