CyReN

Halo: The Master Chief Collection Discussion

So almost 2 months after launch we have a still completely broken game. No rankings outside of H2A playlist, which the rankings seem to mean absolutely nothing anyway. No new playlists, no stable matchmaking, and little to no word from 343 on the obvious still glaring issues. This is such a disappointment.

So I never really got to play ce multiplayer before besides playing with my family but I've been playing online and its really fun. Have yet to run into really good players but iI want to. I see what I've been missing

• Upvote (+1) 1

I like the beta...

You do know it is just COD in space right? It's run and gun and if you've played COD, it feels exactly the same.

• Upvote (+1) 3
  • Downvote (-1) 1

When is everyone's guess that we'll have ranks in every playlist? 

The cynic in me says itl never get fixed...but i hope for... summer =(

You do know it is just COD in space right? It's run and gun and if you've played COD, it feels exactly the same.

And I don't really mind it if it did play like that tbh. The guns aiming is more difficult than anything in H2-h4 for the most part (esp the Pistol), ranks are pretty rad, i don't mind thruster much as I have fun using it. Sprints kinda annoying but at this point in time I don't really care or really frustrated about it

Yea I agree that H5 isn't really "Classic Halo" which I don't really mind if it isn't. I just view it as CoD with higher health and difficulty in aiming which I am more than content with. Power weapons also being static is nice too

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 2

Is what 343 did with this game even legal?

They saw bf4 and said it's the new industry practice...

It is amazing. It shows the individual character of the employees who will tolerate that business practice and rationalize it away.

• Upvote (+1) 1

And I don't really mind it if it did play like that tbh. The guns aiming is more difficult than anything in H2-h4 for the most part (esp the Pistol), ranks are pretty rad, i don't mind thruster much as I have fun using it. Sprints kinda annoying but at this point in time I don't really care or really frustrated about it

Yea I agree that H5 isn't really "Classic Halo" which I don't really mind if it isn't. I just view it as CoD with higher health and difficulty in aiming which I am more than content with. Power weapons also being static is nice too

I guess as a phd student studying organizational behavior, I'm going to just chalk this attitude up to individual differences. I think a large chunk of the community, including myself, just doesn't have the "hey fuck up the series I really like completely and I'll just be okay with it," attitude. 

• Upvote (+1) 4

I have no faith that this game will ever be fully functional.  They're just going to patch it until it's playable and basically smear lipstick on a pig.  No way will they ever put the time or resources in necessary to actually make the game a masterpiece.  343's track record does nothing to dispel this notion. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

Explain what can the pros do for this.

They can't and won't do anything. I just thought it was funny because I remember when people thought it would actually make H5 a good game. 

Breaking news in Ogre 2's stream:

Viewer in Twitch chat: "Whats Your Favorite Halo?"

Ogre 2: "Halo 1, but Halo 2 for 4v4's. Even today it plays better."

Debate OVER :goat:

• Upvote (+1) 4

we have always known this!

Debate over? Because Ogre 2 said so? Okay champ.

• Upvote (+1) 1