CyReN

Halo: The Master Chief Collection Discussion

Am I the only one who finds it funny that they are giving us one month of Free Xbox Live as compensation when the game has been broken a month and a half? (Going for 2)

• Upvote (+1) 3

Am I the only one who finds it funny that they are giving us one month of Free Xbox Live as compensation when the game has been broken a month and a half? (Going for 2)

It's crazy that they closed the compensation window for people period. They act like this game is fixed, anyone who buys it now still has to deal with enough nonsense that they're deserving of compensation.
  • Upvote (+1) 4

Well they can't exactly give everyone a free year of Xbox LIVE, because that's when it will finally work.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Nah, I got the Halo 3 ones a while back but good lord it was annoying. Happened at about 6AM in the morning when I was trying to get Halo 3 out of the way to move onto Halo 4. 

Safe to say I stopped playing after this level, I was so annoyed.

You could have kept killing yourself straight away until it reverted back to the last checkpoint.

You could have kept killing yourself straight away until it reverted back to the last checkpoint.

I figured that out when I eventually got sent back to my checkpoint with the Chopper. I didn't think that got added until Halo: Reach.

Got locked out of my xbl account for 30 days because I updated a security info tie to said account. Apparently this is a new security procedure. Change your phone number on the account takes 30 days! Woo!

Temporary GT: DaddyParanoia

Well they can't exactly give everyone a free year of Xbox LIVE, because that's when it will finally work.

My main issue is they can't fix what is already there. 343's logic? lets add a bunch of shit no one asked for.

Spartan Ops.

ODST

Relic Re-make.

Nameplates and Avatars.

They are creating more work for themselves when they can't even fix whats currently there and broken in the first place.

• Upvote (+1) 3

I figured that out when I eventually got sent back to my checkpoint with the Chopper. I didn't think that got added until Halo: Reach.

It was also in Halo 2, don't know about CE.

@@Droid Those were fun games of H1 with you sir. :ghost:

I'm curious why you aren't surprised? All other developers have fixed their issues. Do you not hold 343 at the same standard?

Not sure if trolling but H1 when? I haven't been on the game in a while.

anyone else have trouble double shotting in h2? not sure if its the game/controller or my old man hands just wont let me do it anymore.

anyone else have trouble double shotting in h2? not sure if its the game/controller or my old man hands just wont let me do it anymore.

I believe due to 60fps, you have to do it twice as fast now. 

Peeps find this vid pretty helpful. I know you know how to do it, but perhaps with the frame counting in the video it will help adjust to inputting the combo in half the time.

I was thinking about something last night. Kinda off topic but 343 related

The developers of the Phantom Dust XB1 remake really need to learn from 343's mistakes on MCC and also listen to the Phantom Dust community on how the remake can be the best it can be. That game should not be another MCC where it's released broken and the dev isn't listening to the hardcore PD community as they are the ones that have kept it alive from release to now as the game's release outside Japan was fucked from the start with a limited print run due to the execs not believing in it

Just like MCC, here is a chance to get people off of OG Xboxes and 360s and get them on the next gen as a new edition of the game they love dearly is finally getting a next gen reimagination so if done properly everyone wins. The PD community can finally play on XBL again with a next gen remake of PD and finally drop XLink Kai while gaining new players in the community and MS can enjoy the sales from that community buying XB1s, Live Subs, and copies of PD XB1

MS can't let MCC happen a second time. They could make so much money by budgeting off an "Xbox Classics" line of games that are either ports or remakes of old OG Xbox/360 games with the next gen (1080p/60fps)/Xbox Live treatment similar to MCC/PD XB1. There is so much to mine from the OG and 360's back catalogue it's ridiculous. If you'd have told me in December 2007 we would eventually see CE finally on XBL and PD would actually get a remake the 17 year old me prob would laugh at you (the 17 year old me was admittedly a knucklehead but thats for another time) but in 2015 the possibilites are endless.

Imagine Shadowrun 360 with 1080p/60fps and dedicated servers done right with 343 nowhere near the development of the game

• Upvote (+1) 3

Imagine Shadowrun 360 with 1080p/60fps and dedicated servers done right with 343 nowhere near the development of the game

Shadowrun Anniversary in 2017 has been a joke in my circle of friends for a very long time now. That game done as f2p + skins + weapon skins would do so well.

Shadowrun Anniversary in 2017 has been a joke in my circle of friends for a very long time now. That game done as f2p + skins + weapon skins would do so well.

Shadowrun IMO is up there with H1. i love that game.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Shadowrun IMO is up there with H1. i love that game.

Easily best fps on 360. Sucks that what is left of the population has decided that body clearing is so bm that you get kicked for it. I remember playing it a ton during the Halo 3 days until shortly before Reach came out.

The timing for it is different on Xbox one. Just have to get used to it

I can't even get a game atm. Had some issues yesterday, but still got a few games. I know this is an issue with the Xbox Live network, but add to the fact that the MCC is so badly broken (2 months, seven patches - and the last one was a solid step backwards), it's really hard to stay positive.

I'm still getting -

- Uneven matches.

- Laggy games (almost 1/3, lol dedicated servers).

- Maps not loading.

- Aiming is still god awful (H3)

- Playing the same group of about 30 people (Must be searching locally?)

- Can't get a single H2C game (Half the reason I bought this game)

- And a ton of annoying in-game bugs/glitches.

I've also already played H5, and unlike most people, I'm really not too pumped to play anymore. At this point, the future of Halo looks pretty bleak, and I'm starting to wonder if it would be worthwhile selling my Xbox and purchasing a PS4.

• Upvote (+1) 6

I can't even get a game atm. Had some issues yesterday, but still got a few games. I know this is an issue with the Xbox Live network, but add to the fact that the MCC is so badly broken (2 months, seven patches - and the last one was a solid step backwards), it's really hard to stay positive.

I'm still getting -

- Uneven matches.

- Laggy games (almost 1/3, lol dedicated serves).

- Maps not loading.

- Aiming is still god awful (H3)

- Playing the same group of about 30 people (Must be searching locally?)

- Can't get a single H2C game (Half the reason I bought this game)

- And a ton of annoying in-game bugs/glitches.

I've also already played H5, and unlike most people, I'm really not too pumped to play anymore. At this point, the future of Halo looks pretty bleak, and I'm starting to wonder if it would be worthwhile selling my Xbox and purchasing a PS4.

You just can't really expect quality from 343 without being let down. They're like an indie dev with great ideas that they just can't really follow through on. The difference is that they have all the resources an indie dev doesn't have and they actually just suck. They miss that one detail that ruins everything every single time. Also Xbone vs PS4 isn't really even a debate at all. If you are sincerely done with Halo there is absolutely no reason to own an Xbone over a PS4.

• Upvote (+1) 6

You just can't really expect quality from 343 without being let down. They're like an indie dev with great ideas that they just can't really follow through on. The difference is that they have all the resources an indie dev doesn't have and they actually just suck. They miss that one detail that ruins everything every single time. Also Xbone vs PS4 isn't really even a debate at all. If you are sincerely done with Halo there is absolutely no reason to own an Xbone over a PS4.

Too true.  Been saying this for ages.  I know exclusives seem to be fading away (other than MS and Sony published games), but other than Halo what does Xbox really have? Even then the PS4 doesn't have anything too exciting right now, IMO.  If 343 doesn't fix their game pretty damn soon, I'll be selling my Xbox One.  Not sure if I'll be upgrading to the PS4 or if I'll just stay on my PS3 until more games start to release for the 4.  With the way these games and the constant hacks upon the online services, it just doesn't seem like it's worth it at all anymore.  

Too true.  Been saying this for ages.  I know exclusives seem to be fading away (other than MS and Sony published games), but other than Halo what does Xbox really have? Even then the PS4 doesn't have anything too exciting right now, IMO.  If 343 doesn't fix their game pretty damn soon, I'll be selling my Xbox One.  Not sure if I'll be upgrading to the PS4 or if I'll just stay on my PS3 until more games start to release for the 4.  With the way these games and the constant hacks upon the online services, it just doesn't seem like it's worth it at all anymore.  

I agree that MS and Sony exclusives are getting weaker by the year, but Forza and GoW (rebirth) are strong ones. Rare is supposedly making a real game now as well, so that might be something.

But yeah, an Xbox One or PS4 is not worth it atm.

Is anybody having problems with their controller disconnecting? I will get the popup for it even though my controller is still clearly connected and even has the light on still. Is this my controller being silly? For some reason i though i read someone else complaining about this.

Is anybody having problems with their controller disconnecting? I will get the popup for it even though my controller is still clearly connected and even has the light on still. Is this my controller being silly? For some reason i though i read someone else complaining about this.

Yes!

• Upvote (+1) 1

MCC is straight up asscheeks.

GoW's comeback is the only thing going for Xbox anymore, and if that game carries over any BS from Judgement...

Doubt it will though. Rod is a smart guy.