CyReN

Halo: The Master Chief Collection Discussion

This whole debacle had made me shop for old PlayStation 1 and Playstation 2 games...

Phil can't you opt for the full Vanilla CE Digital Release, please? Christmas is tomorrow (for some of us).

I'm the exact same man, totally depressed over this. I've dabbled for the longest time in classic ps2/ps1 games and am slowly making my way around to a few titles I haven't before (mmm Psychonauts). It hurts so much knowing we'll never see games that genuinely make you think again, not just in their clever set pieces but in their story lines and their artistic messages.

I honestly don't know what I'm gonna do- I was looking forward to MCC so much. I have a Legendary tattoo on my shoulder, despite loving and playing a wide variety of games I've always considered myself a "Halo player" moreso than a gamer. Microsoft and 343 have let me and millions of people down, they took what so many consider some of the greatest games ever made- at least as far as multiplayer was concerned anyway and they've ran it into the ground.

They should be so sorry, so very fuckin sorry. Yet all we've gotten so far is 1 month of xbox live and the campaign of ODST, not even firefight ffs!. This is unacceptable, people do need to be fired. They are not competent to be developers, never mind continue what was once the hallmark of Xbox. Fuckin joke...

• Upvote (+1) 1

This whole debacle had made me shop for old PlayStation 1 and Playstation 2 games...

Phil can't you opt for the full Vanilla CE Digital Release, please? Christmas is tomorrow (for some of us).

I haven't given up on MCC one day being close enough to real H1...but I did just spend a good amount of time looking for orig boxes and controllers for sale online today.

I haven't given up on MCC one day being close enough to real H1...but I did just spend a good amount of time looking for orig boxes and controllers for sale online today.

I'm not losing all my hope for the collection but I wish the consensus of this patch wasn't more things breaking, although the latency post-update forces you to wait hours to notice any performance changes.

Not saying this to defend 343 or anything but things could get much better in the following months. They have to.

Finally played a little bit of halo again today!

Got a 3v3 in CE which was fun. Then I got a 3v2. Then the game crashed in loading screen. Then the game itself wouldn't launch.

Welp.

So after every single game i play i have to reset my build to get the gamechat to work, None of the ppl im playing with has this same problem, I havent read through this thread are other ppl having the same problem as me?

Like others have said, the game really needs a ranking system in place and NOT ALLOW GUESTS.  Tired of getting/playing against xxsniperproXX and guest for them to go go a combined -30 in a slayer

• Upvote (+1) 2

So after every single game i play i have to reset my build to get the gamechat to work, None of the ppl im playing with has this same problem, I havent read through this thread are other ppl having the same problem as me?

I have had issues with ingame chat with every single Xbox One game I have played with friends (Titanfall, Destiny, MCC). Party chat is the only thing that "works" on this console.

@everyone being as frustrated about party play as I am since this last patch:

You can ensure that you stay with your party + actually get into a game without having to restart:

Just have your entire party wait in the stat screen until everyone is able to press b (it usually takes like a minute or two for the party leader). If everyone presses b at the same time you stay with your party and you can find a game again. Also restart your build every time it gives you the joining session... into nothing happens bug. From my experience once you get that you'll never find a game again.

I was really frustrated yesterday, but by following these two rules we have been able to play for 5 hours straight right now.

• Upvote (+1) 1

There are going to be some sad pups tomorrow when they have to wait hours to download the gigantic patch, which will take hours, then try and play the game. Holy mother, it's going to be a bad day for 343. I'm really surprised we didn't get an update everyday this week to ensure as smooth of launch as possible for Christmas day.

• Upvote (+1) 2

So team splits are now worse than the last two updates. Staying with your teammate is nearly impossible. This update is worse, but hey we got spartan Ops, yay -_-.

There are going to be some sad pups tomorrow when they have to wait hours to download the gigantic patch, which will take hours, then try and play the game. Holy mother, it's going to be a bad day for 343. I'm really surprised we didn't get an update everyday this week to ensure as smooth of launch as possible for Christmas day.

This.

Not only are kids going to not want to buy Halo in the future, but their parents will not want anything to do with Halo after the let down that their kids endure for the rest of school break.

It's a good thing that Microsoft isn't the publisher. I wonder how many people will know enough about 343 to know it is actually part of Microsoft?

• Upvote (+1) 1

Not only are kids going to not want to buy Halo in the future, but their parents will not want anything to do with Halo after the let down that their kids endure for the rest of school break.

Christmas is depressing as hell now.

OT: Realized my phone contract isn't up yet and I ain't paying $200+ just to end something I absolutely have the right to break away from. I want a solid Nokia phone for fucks sakes.

Wow, just came across a new glitch. Thought I was getting into a 2v2 game of CE, the map loaded and it was just me and a random AFK teammate. I betrayed him a few times out of frustration and quit the game. Right as I quit I happened to check the score and the other two players spawned into the game :/