CyReN

Halo: The Master Chief Collection Discussion

So when are you guys starting your timers? I haven't been able to get pattern down yet. 

I usually start mine at the beginning of the map loading screen. The timer will still be behind by about 3 seconds but that's better than 10.

Ran into another person in MM who had a mic that I added and plays a few games with, it's like a flashback to 2004. It's also crazy how old the CE crowd is, everyone I meet is in their late 20's/early 30's with a house, wife and kids. Makes me feel like a baby at 25 with only a house and a wife on the way. At least I'm not the only one putting off real life for an hour or ten haha.

Can't even search, one or more players not ready every time.

How can a company be so incompetent?

Edit: how are there people on waypoint saying the game is fine? What planet are they from? I played one game tonight and it split me from my team. After that no matter what any of us did "players not ready". I don't want to search by myself you fuck wads

• Upvote (+1) 2

3 games in a row now I've had a teammate not playing.  Twice on Derelict.

Not to be that guy but this shit ruins the experience for me. I can stick up for myself in 2v3 but what good does that do if your teammates sell their "souls" to the enemy (IE drop the controller mid-match)? What do I do, waste time and push them out of harms way? Fuck that.

Like, open for free kills for the other team.

• Upvote (+1) 1

So I've never understood the 1th thing.

Is it what the game said when you finished first or something?

When the game ended in H2A, it would say -1th.

So I've never understood the 1th thing.

Is it what the game said when you finished first or something?

It was a scripting error that resulted in false placing. Non-existent grammar.

EDIT: Beaten.

just ending, regardless of place?

275xPbI.png

Yup, if I'm not mistaken it would only happen in FFA though.

That's the thing, you can recover from it...by using your brain and skill, not by being bailed out by the game giving you "safe spawns".

Why not just have a nuke launcher drop when you reach 25? It's the same concept. Reward better playing by giving an even greater imbalance to the guy ahead already. I haven't played CE yet but I have come to appreciate halo as a game of better skill in action and not creating a landslide to hide it. Dominion did just that and was terribly boring. I can't find pleasure in spawn killing. That just isn't what I enjoy.

IDK why but I really wish they would fix the death timer countdown on CE. It sounds deep and slow motion or something. It's nitpicking but doesn't it bother anyone else? It's one of those things that have just been apart of Halo idk why whoever developed the PC version of CE changed that.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Why not just have a nuke launcher drop when you reach 25? It's the same concept. Reward better playing by giving an even greater imbalance to the guy ahead already. I haven't played CE yet but I have come to appreciate halo as a game of better skill in action and not creating a landslide to hide it. Dominion did just that and was terribly boring. I can't find pleasure in spawn killing. That just isn't what I enjoy.

yea...u should go ahead and play CE because your assumptions are off...

yea...u should go ahead and play CE because your assumptions are off...

I don't care about CE. My point was spawns should be safe. Fundamentally the act of spawn killing clouds demonstration of skill by giving the better player an advantage that prevents any meaningful engagement.