CyReN

Halo: The Master Chief Collection Discussion

Something needs to be done about the quitters in this game since it's getting ridiculous. Every team game that I played had at least one quitter in it. Then, it doesn't help that the matching system is awful. It would be nice to get someone with thumbs on my team for more than a couple games. H2C hit registration still needs work as well. I would say the positives were that I was getting games fairly quickly, even teams at the start of the games, and it was fun before people quit and it was a somewhat even match on those rare occasions. 

H5 will definitely be a nice distraction from this mess for a few weeks.

How do you get it to do that? I keep playing EU people only in CE and it's really frustrating. I have met like 10 competent people in that playlist since it launched and most of my games are just one sided stomps. Would be nice to have the chance to meet a pro/good us player.

If you want competent eu players add me gt: DSB Zorniborni and gt: Vode CE. I'm decent and Vode is pretty good, would love to run some games sometime.
  • Upvote (+1) 1

If you want competent eu players add me gt: DSB Zorniborni and gt: Vode CE. I'm decent and Vode is pretty good, would love to run some games sometime.

Vode is actually one of the 10 competent players I talked about, we played a really nice Damnation koth game. He is already on my friendslist, but I'll add you too. I play MM with a set group of 2-3 friends most of the time though, so hit me up with a message if you wanna run customs as I generally just ignore random invites.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Hey, can I ask you whether there are many Aussie/Kiwi players still around, and if there's a sustainable local population in matchmaking? I'm thinking of buying the Xbone to play MCC, but I don't want to match foreigners half the time (no racism, merely connectionism).

I'm playing the same people over and over. There is this one guy who gets matched with me most games. Feels like there is only 30-40 players tops.

Played 5 games tonight...

2 of which the map didn't load.

2 were laggy as hell.

And 1 that played fine, but a team mate dropped out.

All in all a pretty successful session post patch. :(

Man.. I have only really had the chance to play Multiplayer over the last few days since I've been home for the Holidays. Holy fuck, Halo CE is so refreshing. Honestly, without trying to be an eliteist etc, I can't play anything else now. I go into other playlists and it all just seems so random and boring. 

I'm not even mad about Halo 5 now, all the CoD kids can have it. 

• Upvote (+1) 4

I don't know about you guys, but I have zero interest in playing ranked games until they figure out how to make the basic functions of this game work. Assembling a party of players. Keeping the party together without constantly having to restart the game. Searching for a match in playlists with SET player counts. Not having the game break its own rules by matching more people into a game than are even allowed by the playlist, then getting stuck trying to figure out what to do forcing everyone to restart their games. Then you get a match and someone drops out, or you get into the game and its a 2v4. Having someone quit out and then there is host migration on "dedicated servers". Then everyone lags out of the game.

Apologies for the poorly formatted rant, but I just realized that it's a few days from christmas and not only do we not have the ranks we were promised at launch, but the basic functions of matchmaking do not work at all.

The latest update to Halo 1 however means that I dont even care right now since I have a legitimate H1 game to play customs on.

Edit: ^ gaaard late to the party but welcome to the club.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Vode is actually one of the 10 competent players I talked about, we played a really nice Damnation koth game. He is already on my friendslist, but I'll add you too. I play MM with a set group of 2-3 friends most of the time though, so hit me up with a message if you wanna run customs as I generally just ignore random invites.

Yeah that was fun!

Do you know "H1 Bobek"? He's pretty damn good too I think he's from Poland.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Man.. I have only really had the chance to play Multiplayer over the last few days since I've been home for the Holidays. Holy fuck, Halo CE is so refreshing. Honestly, without trying to be an eliteist etc, I can't play anything else now. I go into other playlists and it all just seems so random and boring.

The latest update to Halo 1 however means that I dont even care right now since I have a legitimate H1 game to play customs on.

It's so good. I can't be arsed to play the other games anymore. lol

Never would have thought HCE will be this good online, I expected a slightly better HPC experience (like at MCC launch), those patches man...

• Upvote (+1) 1

Yeah that was fun!

Do you know "H1 Bobek"? He's pretty damn good too I think he's from Poland.

Yea I think I got matched with him, not to sure how good/bad he was though I think I only met him once. I also played with someone called Uncle Sam with the Clantag EU who was pretty good. Talking about EU players (since I think we all keep running into the same people anyway) do you know who Tulashock is? I met him the other day in CE (though the game never loaded T.T) and me and my mate thought the name sounded really familiar. I don't know if we remember him from a montage or from XBC. I think he might be part of a team that played at Gamescom as I remember them practicing h2c on my XBC server.

tbh I spent so much time practicing h2 on vista/xbc and practicing double shot before MCC came out and now I can't help but play CE only. Not only has it become the best CE online experience I have ever had, h2c is also pretty meh atm. Respawn bug + hit registration + lack of team hardcore + more smg spawns in h2c (thanks waypoint) leave me with no desire to play h2c. I guess all my friends were right afterall and CE is what it's all about.

Kids in customs play HCS 24/7. I'd rather play modded 200% bloom reach customs. I'd probably connect more shots than that shit.

I'm playing the same people over and over. There is this one guy who gets matched with me most games. Feels like there is only 30-40 players tops.

Do m/any of us play CE? That's the game I want to play the most :3

Yea I think I got matched with him, not to sure how good/bad he was though I think I only met him once. I also played with someone called Uncle Sam with the Clantag EU that was pretty good. Talking about EU players (since I think we all keep running into the same people anyway) do you know who Tulashock is? I met him the other day in CE (though the game never loaded T.T) and me and my mate thought the name sounded really familiar. I don't know if we remember him from a montage or from XBC. I think he might be part of a team that played at Gamescom as I remember them practicing h2c on my XBC server.

Hmm not heard of them... Although I have to say my Internet was terrible at my parents and still is and although I tried both HPC and XBC (on the 360) my experience was so bad I did only play a couple games before I quit and continued to play H3 on the 360. So don't know any EU XBC or HPC guys...

I'm gonna add those CE kidz tho. :)

Hmm not heard of them... Although I have to say my Internet was terrible at my parents and still is and although I tried both HPC and XBC (on the 360) my experience was so bad I did only play a couple games before I quit and continued to play H3 on the 360. So don't know any EU XBC or HPC guys...

I'm gonna add those CE kidz tho. :)

Well I played CE PC like 9-10 years ago so I don't know any of the people who still play. I only used XBC for H2 as I don't have NTSC CE and there usually was only 1 US game being hosted anyway.

Also I keep running into a guy called OGRE 1 PL. While it's obviously not the real one, he is pretty damn good. A friend of mine joked, saying that they shipped ogre 1 from Australia to Poland so he could play CE lol.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Talking about EU players (since I think we all keep running into the same people anyway) do you know who Tulashock is? I met him the other day in CE (though the game never loaded T.T) and me and my mate thought the name sounded really familiar. I don't know if we remember him from a montage or from XBC.

I don't know from where but I do know that name as well. Could easily be the gamescom event.

Yeah if you have a teammate I'd love to run some 2s

Add me bro. I need to fill my list up to 1000 so anytime I'm on someone's there. Haha

I don't know from where but I do know that name as well. Could easily be the gamescom event.

Yeah if you have a teammate I'd love to run some 2s

Yea I almost always play with at least 1 teammate so that's no problem. Just sent me message saying that you wanna run 2s when you see me online.

• Upvote (+1) 1

So much for this game being fixed by Christmas. What's this the start of week 7? Crazy.

It works at a good level for me, but the fact that I still see more people who have issues than people like me is messed up. This is why I don't understand why they closed the fan compensation window already, how can you close it and the games not even fixed?

• Upvote (+1) 1

So much for this game being fixed by Christmas. What's this the start of week 7? Crazy.

Embarassing

Idc how good or bad h5 is, I'm not buying it unless this game is fixed 100%

• Upvote (+1) 2

From the little amount of games I've played, the best players play H2A, followed by H3 and then there are nothing but ******s in H2/CE and of course multiple quitters every game.

From the little amount of games I've played, the best players play H2A, followed by H3 and then there are nothing but ******s in H2/CE and of course multiple quitters every game.

That's just the skill gap. :kappa:

• Upvote (+1) 2

Seems like I can get back to MCC and actually play even matches with not too much search time ? 

No. Quitters plague this game, that is if you are fortunate enough to make it into the game.

No. Quitters plague this game, that is if you are fortunate enough to make it into the game.

Oh well...I'll be raiding in Destiny then waiting till I can get back to MCC.

Sad..its been more than 7 weeks and still many things are destroying this game.

To any of the ce players from eu, ill be streaming tomorrow all evening and probably the whole weekend. I need to get used to pistol again(i played ntsc version at the end of my xbc days but its so long ago), learn spawns and find a timer that actually works.

If anyone is down for customs, add me. Gt dislexsik

Ps. @@JukkisP is the topdog from europe ;)

Ps. @@JukkisP is the topdog from europe ;)

No offense but that guy is good at best, I met him quiet often both in TS and the CE playlist. Maybe he just had a bad connection to the host when I met him or something.