CyReN

Halo: The Master Chief Collection Discussion

I think it's just a combination of 60fps and the new controller. I played 4 sens on 360 but I'm playing 3 sens on MCC, and H3 feels great. I really don't think there is anything buggy about the game that's making it feel off. I suggest anyone who feels like they're fighting with the controls go down a sensitivity from what you used to play, and play a decent number of games to get used to it. I have no complaints with it.

As for those patch notes... not buying it that all these games I've been playing have been on dedicated servers. And still no mention of the H2A bandwidth spiking issue.

Kinda how I've felt. Bumped my sensitivity down and actually borrowed one of those shorter kontrol freaks things and it feels great. I've got a ton of games in Halo 3 with someone who played it religiously up until MCC and it has been great. 

Until MCC and CE were updated it was the only place I was enjoying the game. 

CE hitreg sucks deeply with the latest patch, literally impossible to play US hosts as a EU player without having to lead a ton

was much more ballenced before, eventhough slightly too hitscanny

now they almost went back to what we had before

i can see they wanted to reduce the bullet speed, but they did nerf it way too hard

i mean 343i needs to realize that their matchmaking search-engine is highly flawed and pretty much always puts EU and US into one game

it will be even more extrem when ranks are out and the search engine priorizes rank over region

so adjust the CE hitscan to cross-continential games, anything else is just borderline unplayable

Sucks for cross continental play but if they reduced the bullet speed to what it is supposed to be I am ever so grateful and more hopefull than ever that this game will deliver a quality H1 game for XBL. Halo 1 should never have its shooting be reduced to basically hitscan for the sake of high ping online games. Although I'm sure many of you enjoyed getting all those 3sk's it sounds like it's back to reality. Sorry guys.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Is anybody still having the black screen lag where everyone stops moving and then it is a short black screen and you come back to find out that you've died?

You know, I think I might have preferred hackers and standbyers in halo 2. Atleast it didn't happen every single game like people quit on this. I'm not playing this game until I can come on one night and not be frustrated to no end by awful connections, having splitscreeners in my team when I'm in HCS who ruin the entire game, having people quit out in my team if they die once...literally if they die one time or having the other team quit out if you get 5 kills a head of them and worst case scenario having to wait until the end of the match like CE.

They either need to get ranked playlists working across the board or introduce a quitting penalty like in Halo: Reach. People who complained about the penalty in reach because they had bad connections that lagged them out or they "had things to do" which led to them quitting can just deal with it. I honestly have zero sympathy.

You know, I think I might have preferred hackers and standbyers in halo 2. 

Hmm if I recall they got so bad they practically froze your Xbox, and the OG Xbox isn't even the kind of system you'd expect to full-on crash because of network manipulation.

Sucks for cross continental play but if they reduced the bullet speed to what it is supposed to be I am ever so grateful and more hopefull than ever that this game will deliver a quality H1 game for XBL. Halo 1 should never have its shooting be reduced to basically hitscan for the sake of high ping online games. Although I'm sure many of you enjoyed getting all those 3sk's it sounds like it's back to reality. Sorry guys.

then the game would be intended for custom games within your region or continent at max, which the matchmaking doesnt reflect in any point

game is designed around the matchmaking, therefore hitscan should also be coded that way

if the matchmaking search-engine cannot grant regional games then the hitsreg needs to be adjusted to it

either fix the hitreg or fix the search-engine to stop throwing people from several continents into a game

pre-current patch it was pretty much perfect when playing as a EU player on US host, you had to lead slightly to compensate for the lag due to the high bullet velocity

with the current patch you have to lead quite a lot more, its just too much

sweet spot would be something between the last and the current patch, when i face US players i want to have an even field when the game at some point will have dedis

I'm trying not to read too much into this generation of gamers, but it's sort of telling seeing how many players quit out so quickly into games...

I'm hopping on for an H1 marathon. Anyone want to game?

I just played a few CE games, felt really good. A few people are laggier than others still (obviously) but for the most part it was highly enjoyable.

It sucks to get lag but come on, you're playing with people from across the ocean, expect some lag. And no, they shouldn't cater the gameplay for the worst possible network scenarios.

This is just another update that needs another exorbitant waiting period (12+ hours!) to see any consistent performance...

Not saying the state of the MCC is that organized, but still.

• Upvote (+1) 1

then the game would be intended for custom games within your region or continent at max, which the matchmaking doesnt reflect in any point

game is designed around the matchmaking, therefore hitscan should also be coded that way

if the matchmaking search-engine cannot grant regional games then the hitsreg needs to be adjusted to it

either fix the hitreg or fix the search-engine to stop throwing people from several continents into a game

pre-current patch it was pretty much perfect when playing as a EU player on US host, you had to lead slightly to compensate for the lag due to the high bullet velocity

with the current patch you have to lead quite a lot more, its just too much

sweet spot would be something between the last and the current patch, when i face US players i want to have an even field when the game at some point will have dedis

No. That will never happen, the dedicated server has to be located somewhere and the closer a player is the bigger advantage they will have. Unless you can change the speed of light, you're stuck with how it is.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Just played a few games of CE with the latest patch and it felt really good.  The hit registration feels much better and its not a give me 3 shot. 

snip.

The original game was made to be played in the same house as your opponents. The remake on XBL working well with people across your own country is a thing of beauty. Having to lead your shots more as latency increases means the people patching MCC understand the things that make it great (for the most part). I have played Halo 1 on XBC with people a few states away and had to lead my shots by three times as much as you will have to lead yours playing people across the Atlantic. Forgive me if I take your complaints about leading shots with a little less seriousness than you would like.

H1 is not meant to be played sitting by yourself in a dark room, and the fact that you now can with people hundreds of miles away is greatness, nothing less. But do not suggest that dedicated Halo 1 players of 13 + years should have to deal with a easy mode pistol and hitscan sniper for the sake of meaningless cross continent online games.

• Upvote (+1) 6

guys i just went slightly overboard, turned out someone uploaded content within my network which then resulted in me having atrocious leads in the CE playlist

figured it out wayyyyy too late, forgive me my rant, game plays as good if not better as before, playing on US host as a EU player is still very much doable right now :)

• Upvote (+1) 3

guys i just went slightly overboard, turned out someone uploaded content within my network which then resulted in me having atrocious leads in the CE playlist

figured it out wayyyyy too late, forgive me my rant, game plays as good if not better as before, playing on US host as a EU player is still very much doable right now :)

Imagine the results twelve hours into tomorrow, I wish the latency in these software updates didn't have an Early Bird Syndrome.

Back in my day, dedicated servers didn't have "Host Migration" when someone quits. But what do I know, obviously 343 has some new-fangled dedicated servers.

• Upvote (+1) 6

I was about to rant about this :)

H1 feels even better because its definitely harder to aim than before the patch, about equally between OG xbox and previous patch.

On LAN, its feels amazing as well.

MCC fails to find me any games in H2A Ranked after patch

I literally just had a 3v1 game in CE Playlist lol

Edit: pic

You lost? Handle your 1v3's kid.

Edit: goddamn mobile quoting sucks on here.

The pistol seems to be working properly now with the new update. Even playing on west coast host from Norway it's good, seems like there is less magnetism, and my pistol is back to what it used to be.  :weback:

"Updated the Halo 4 “Legacy” Thumbstick Layout."

Anyone playing right now mind doing a quick check of the legacy layout in H2A?

It's starting to get a bit ridiculous that the layout may be broken for three straight patches.

Still broken. This is unreal. I can only play on legacy and 3 updates in a row no fix

The H3 stats still arent fixed. It picks and chooses which games to track. Got a Perfection- that game doesnt save, get an Exterm- that game doesnt save. So far I've played 6 games and two of them have saved stats

• Upvote (+1) 1