CyReN

Halo: The Master Chief Collection Discussion

I recommend speaking to a representative of Astro, you can do live chats on there website :)

Lol they do live chats now? When I ordered a pair of Astros as a present for a friend, I had to contact support and you could only contact them by email. I went to their dead forum and said that they should have chat. An employee gave me some bs statistics saying chat support doesn't work and banned me before I could respond. And this was after a constant 3 day wait for any response from their email. It was the worst customer service I've ever dealt with.

Glad they're moving past the 90's.

Since they added SWAT and CE on a Tuesday, I'd imagine we'll see a playlist update tomorrow. Hopefully some change to CE (either party 3 or max players 4) and Hardcore.

• Upvote (+1) 4

1st game loads up 5v4. Unfuckingbelieveable that a month and a half after launch and after all these patches that they still can't figure out even teams. The incompetence is astounding.

GG 3v4i

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Lol they do live chats now? When I ordered a pair of Astros as a present for a friend, I had to contact support and you could only contact them by email. I went to their dead forum and said that they should have chat. An employee gave me some bs statistics saying chat support doesn't work and banned me before I could respond. And this was after a constant 3 day wait for any response from their email. It was the worst customer service I've ever dealt with.

Glad they're moving past the 90's.

I've had two run in's with them and they did great both times. Must have really changed since then.

I recommend speaking to a representative of Astro, you can do live chats on there website :)

Managed to do that and he said that the A40 Gen 2 headset is not compatible w/ the older MixAmps.  Damn :( 

I've had two run in's with them and they did great both times. Must have really changed since then.

It was two, maybe three, years ago. I've seen local flower shop websites with chat support. No excuse for what I dealt with. It's nice to hear that that they got competent with their customer support though.

I haven't really felt the need to play matchmaking in at least a week. These are some of my favorite games ever made, Halo 2 being probably my favorite ever, and I just don't feel motivated to even try and play. Most of this has to do with the lack of ranks. You guys might call me stupid for saying that ranks are stopping or demotivating me from playing games that I love. Maybe it's just me but it's tough sorting through all the problems that MCC has been having to find games without a ranking system in place for any of the playlists except for one.  

On the other hand, if they put in the ranking system today, it would crash and burn because of all of the other issues. They would be maybe a 33% representation of skill (that might be too high), 33% representation of how lucky you are to not get bad games (uneven teams, quitters, etc.), and 33% representation of connection (because let's be honest, at least half of the games aren't on dedicated servers).

Damned if you do, damned if you don't I guess.

So when are they gonna fix h2c hit registration and the h2 respawn glitch? Can someone tweet bravo and ask him?

• Upvote (+1) 1

is grenade still 'b'? and the bumpers flashlight and nade change?

Thats what I was really hoping for. Would have liked to have grenade moved to rb or at least the option. its not classic boxer but it def makes more sense in terms of controller mapping. just my opinion

Thats what I was really hoping for. Would have liked to have grenade moved to rb or at least the option. its not classic boxer but it def makes more sense in terms of controller mapping. just my opinion

yeah classic boxer is outdated since the black and white buttons dont exist anymore. They need to update it because I'm tried of nading my team mates all the time when I have two perfectly good bumpers that aren't being utilized 

• Upvote (+1) 1

Alright so I'm having a real problem with this community, not necessarily you guys but the halo community as a whole. Since this launch I have been really disappointed in matchmaking but not just because of the bugs, but because of who I'm getting matched up with/against.

First off the amount quitters is TOO DAMN HIGH! Seriously, I have been going into matchmaking alone and 80% of the games that I play will have someone quit. This concerns me personally because my love for halo is starting to drop off because of this.  

Second, why am I being paired up with split screeners (guest) in the HCS playlist?!?! It is practically a guaranteed loss. And since the HCS is the premier "competitive" playlist then I shouldn't be getting paired up with these (hate to say it) casuals. Plus I believe that the HCS playlist should NOT let guest play, instead recommend the casual playlist.  

Lastly, communication.... where are the people with mics? I want to be able to talk to my teammates not only because I want to win, but because I want to have fun with people and I want to get to know the people who play this game that we all share a common bond with.

Yes I get it, they are working on it! And once ranks get introduced it should eliminate these problems, but these problems shouldn't be pushed off because apparently they will eventually be fixed! No, to me these problems are keeping me from playing the game that I love. A competitive game that I shouldn't have to worry about who I'm being matched up with because there should be evenly balanced teams EVERY game. I also shouldn't have to worry about quitters or any of that bs because it should have been taken seriously in the first place. And this isn't necessarily all in 343i's hands, the community needs to quit being busters! 

I miss the times were I could go into a playlist ALONE and expect to play a competitive fun game, and also enjoy the game with other people that love the game just as much as me. This game was supposed to bring all of this "nostalgia" back to me, but I remembered a community that I loved to play with back in H2/3 and since then this feeling has sadly been lost. 

"The vast majority of games are being played on dedicated servers"

Bullshit

Yeah I spat out my water when I read that. There's no way in HELL that we've been on dedis. They got shut off after the first day. More than 50% of the time, my matches are horrible connections and I'm matching people from across the other side of the world.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Population of MCC or population of the CE playlist? I haven't seen anyone from around here in any other playlist. Also this is the first time I've encountered someone. Are people finding others in any of the other playlists?

I could write a list of people, off the top of my head, who I see regularly online. Some of these people I have matched with anywhere up to 15-20 times. On XB360, I maybe came across the same people 2-3 times most.

Got on because no one is on 360 right now. 

First game was a 3v4

Second game was solid red bar

Third game crashed mid game

Still long ass search times (LIKE WTF IS IT LOOKING FOR? PLAYERS ON THE TASMANIAN SERVERS LIKE SERIOUSLY?)

HOW THE FUCK ARE YOU DWEEBS STILL TOLERATING THIS SHIT?

I'm from Australia and I'm having the same problem. I can't get a single game in H2C AT ALL!!! For an experiment, last night, I loaded up H2C and went and had dinner for 30 mins and came back to it still searching. I knew it didn't find a game as I could hear the music from my kitchen.

Every time I see your avatar I expect salt over the state of MCC.

You have terrible internet, just like me (trust me, mine is probably worse. I wouldn't be surprised if I have the worst net in this forum), I would suggest playing H2C if you can find games in the playlist, it's the only game that works properly for me (albeit the awful medium-long range BR hit registration).

If not, wait for a more stable version of MCC to come out. Please stop posting your salt about the state of MCC here.

It's not his connection as I have 2 Xbox ones - One at work and one at home. Both have the nat set to open. Work internet is 40 down and 20 up. Both will not find a single game in H2C, which is weird as I can find games in the other playlists?!?

• Upvote (+1) 3

Yeah I spat out my water when I read that. There's no way in HELL that we've been on dedis. They got shut off after the first day. More than 50% of the time, my matches are horrible connections and I'm matching people from across the other side of the world.

Well, Halo 2 Anniversary was never on dedis for me, but H2C and H3 felt extremely good online.

1st game loads up 5v4. Unfuckingbelieveable that a month and a half after launch and after all these patches that they still can't figure out even teams. The incompetence is astounding.

GG 3v4i

I played the H3 playlist (The only one that kinda worked) all night and did not get one single even match, whether it be excessive quitting or uneven teams in the first place, the game simply just couldn't give me a captivating experience.

Netcode for H3 is beautiful. Just wish the audio could be fixed so you can play competitive settings properly.

Would also like H2C netcode not to be awful too.

At this point I really don't give two fucks about CE and H2A, 343 really can't fuck with those games anymore than they can now.

Also I'd like to play some BTB please 343. Actually I'd like to be able to play all playlists instead of just Team Slayer and H3 :/

• Upvote (+1) 1

You guys must have the worst luck because I have not had any problem getting games or having uneven games on any playlist I have played for the past week or so. The biggest issue I have is having teammates quit or having no thumbs or betraying me more than they kill the other team. All of my issues with the game right now are community problems, not game problems. I pretty much stick to H2C lately and I also don't get the hit box issues some complain of, it seems to work pretty well the past few days.

CE hitreg sucks deeply with the latest patch, literally impossible to play US hosts as a EU player without having to lead a ton

was much more ballenced before, eventhough slightly too hitscanny

now they almost went back to what we had before

i can see they wanted to reduce the bullet speed, but they did nerf it way too hard

i mean 343i needs to realize that their matchmaking search-engine is highly flawed and pretty much always puts EU and US into one game

it will be even more extrem when ranks are out and the search engine priorizes rank over region

so adjust the CE hitscan to cross-continential games, anything else is just borderline unplayable

If anything I want quitting penalties STAT. You can't tell me the quitter situation isn't any worse than it had been in weeks since the CE Playlist was included.

Insanity.

I took a big break and play with a guy that was in the same boat as you. Surprised I haven't heard him complain about it more. He definitely was having the movement issues, but I haven't heard anything about the aiming.

Are we sure it isn't just a 1080 and 60fps problem? Can you explain a little bit of what you feel is off so I can look for it tonight and be pissed with you?

I think it's just a combination of 60fps and the new controller. I played 4 sens on 360 but I'm playing 3 sens on MCC, and H3 feels great. I really don't think there is anything buggy about the game that's making it feel off. I suggest anyone who feels like they're fighting with the controls go down a sensitivity from what you used to play, and play a decent number of games to get used to it. I have no complaints with it.

As for those patch notes... not buying it that all these games I've been playing have been on dedicated servers. And still no mention of the H2A bandwidth spiking issue.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Gonna get on mcc for the first time in like 2 weeks. Wish me luck :p ill be playing the CE playlist hope to match some of you.