CyReN

Halo: The Master Chief Collection Discussion

Wait, dedicated servers have been on?

Absolutely no way.

Source? I still have awful registration issues with H2C and H2A.. Halo 3 feels like LAN for some reason though. At least they fixed the rank up glitch this patch, that's a step forward.

If your update gets stuck then try to pause it and resume, it should be updated to the right % after you've done that.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Will someone test the patch note below.

"Players will now receive a ‘loss’ when disconnecting before a round has ended."

Please try hitting dashboard, quit MCC. and also try the go offline method. Share results....

Who did the UI for MCC? I remember seeing a list of all the devs working on it and would appreciate if that was posted.

so ranked is still 5v5 don't worry about fixing that yet 3v4i

Team sizes are server side, it doesn't require a title update to change.

"We got dedis we swear"

Yea sucks for you that 99% of games have people quit so you get "host migration" when they were host. Most of my games are certainly not played on dedis.

Some of the other fixes sound pretty good though. Still no H2 respawn bug, h3 reticle, h3 forge fix, loading screen disconnect/crash and many more.

Really happy about the splitscreen voting one though, I played with 4 players on 2 boxes a while ago and it was sooo annoying that we only had 2 votes.

• Upvote (+1) 2

So it shouldn't be taking them any time at all to be changing it?

How about we wait to see if the title update fixed shit, then lets find out if the rank exploit is fixed and the we'll worry about that.

Source? I still have awful registration issues with H2C and H2A.. Halo 3 feels like LAN for some reason though. At least they fixed the rank up glitch this patch, that's a step forward.

Note: We’ve seen many inquiries about dedicated server support for Halo: The Master Chief Collection. Dedicated servers have been up and running since launch, and we continue to optimize and improve connectivity. The vast majority of games are being played on dedicated servers, but in the event that players cannot connect to a dedicated server, the lobby will stay together and the match will still occur on a peer-to-peer connection. Please be aware that you may connect to the dedicated server quickly enough that you won’t see the ‘connecting to dedicated server’ dialog. The absence of that dialog doesn’t mean that you’re not playing on a dedicated server.

https://www.halowaypoint.com/en-us/community/blog-posts/12-22-14-halo-the-master-chief-collection-content-update-notes

• Upvote (+1) 1

How about we wait to see if the title update fixed shit, then lets find out if the rank exploit is fixed and the we'll worry about that.

Haha I hope it all gets fixed. I'm not too worried about it because I mainly play HCS but I feel like that should be a high priority imo.

Does anyone have video of the H3 reticule issue. 

Maybe I'm crazy, but I just don't notice it. 

I noticed the movement issue, but that was fixed and has made the game way better. Halo 3 is the one game that I get consistently good games in relation to how it once played outside of a few that suffer from rubber banding. 

H1 has gotten better, but there are still games where the Host is jesus in bullet sponge form. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

Haha I hope it all gets fixed. I'm not too worried about it because I mainly play HCS but I feel like that should be a high priority imo.

No doubt, I just want to play some good Halo :(

Go watch the announcement, there wasn't a single mention of HCS. This game was not made strictly for HCS, if you think it was YOU are naive. If that were the case the other 3 maps on the disk when it shipped would have been Midship, Beaver Creek and Ivory Tower. The game launched with a ton of other settings as well, more casual than competitive. The HCS was a gift to the competitive community, and is meant to be a precursor to the real league that they plan on launching with Halo 5.

Midship, Beaver Creek, and Ivory Tower didn't launch on disc because 343 is short sighted and has to please the larger majority of Halo fans which consists of SMG start waypoint kids who love sprint and armor abilities.

343 should have had Certain Affinity make more maps in order to appease the competitive scene as well as the casual scene.

Is there dedicated servers?

I mean I've never had a host migration in a game and only one laggy game but I always assumed that I was just playing on a good host majority of the time.

There is no way Dedicated servers have been on for H2A, its literary the only game i can not play online. 

If they said there are I would assume they aren't lying, I think the servers might just suck ass. Shot reg in h2a sucks but I'm confident most matches on on dedis

Actually he has a point there I've never had a game of H2A that wasn't laggy as fuck I was only talking to H1-H3 not having not laggy games because I haven't played H2A is ages.

Because H2A is unplayable for me because whenever I play it's always laggy as shit and teleporting everywhere but the shot registration has never been an issue for me though.

Does anyone have video of the H3 reticule issue.

Maybe I'm crazy, but I just don't notice it.

I noticed the movement issue, but that was fixed and has made the game way better. Halo 3 is the one game that I get consistently good games in relation to how it once played outside of a few that suffer from rubber banding.

H1 has gotten better, but there are still games where the Host is jesus in bullet sponge form.

I wish I had my 360 and a stream setup to do this. Someone needs to though cause I feel like they may not be aware.

I know it sounds crazy but it really isn't the same. I played H3 from the day it came out up until the Saturday before MCC, never really let Reach and H4 over take it. It flat out doesn't feel right.

What point were you trying to make? Explain it to use degree-less plebeians.

The point was most were claiming that everyone from this generation is quitting because they can't accept failure...coping with a loss is not something they can really handle because they have been spoon fed everything their entire lives. I am not part of the older Halo crowd, a crowd whose first Halo game wasn't Halo 3, Reach or Halo 4. I am an original Halo player and I haven't had things spoon fed to me my entire life. I work 2 jobs while taking 25 credit hours per semester busting my butt to do better in life. What does that story have to do with anything? I still quit Halo because I don't want to be thrown into a fucking 3v4 game or stuck playing super pros while most of my teammates don't even know the buttons. Why would anyone stick through a game like that? If that is so incomprehensible for all of those that down voted me, I'd ask that you sit back and question your objectivity. All I was trying to demonstrate by giving my background is that it's not new, spoiled little brats who are quitting because they don't like failure. It's everyone. 

• Upvote (+1) 1