CyReN

Halo: The Master Chief Collection Discussion

Wait so there is no Micro USB port? 

No, there is. I just read somewhere yesterday that older models of the MixAmp can't receive firmware updates and that Astro didn't anticipate it needing it with the newer consoles or something like that.  And they were allowing those with older MixAmps to trade in for the new "Pro" series for a discounted price.  Unless the article was BS.  

This is the one I have:

http://i.imgur.com/9miye.jpg

Does anyone else lag in H2A but are fine in every other game? When are dedicated servers coming back up?

No, there is. I just read somewhere yesterday that older models of the MixAmp can't receive firmware updates and that Astro didn't anticipate it needing it with the newer consoles or something like that.  And they were allowing those with older MixAmps to trade in for the new "Pro" series for a discounted price.  Unless the article was BS.  

This is the one I have:

http://i.imgur.com/9miye.jpg

I have that one, I got it to work with the adapter for the X1 controller and a simple 3.5mm cable plugged into the adapter and the "controller" plug in the front of the mixamp.

I have that one, I got it to work with the adapter for the X1 controller and a simple 3.5mm cable plugged into the adapter and the "controller" plug in the front of the mixamp.

Well at least I know I don't need a new MixAmp then. Wonder if it's the headset or the adapter then. Probably the adapter. Freaking Microsoft.

Got on because no one is on 360 right now. 

First game was a 3v4

Second game was solid red bar

Third game crashed mid game

Still long ass search times (LIKE WTF IS IT LOOKING FOR? PLAYERS ON THE TASMANIAN SERVERS LIKE SERIOUSLY?)

HOW THE FUCK ARE YOU DWEEBS STILL TOLERATING THIS SHIT?

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 7

Every time I see your avatar I expect salt over the state of MCC.

You have terrible internet, just like me (trust me, mine is probably worse. I wouldn't be surprised if I have the worst net in this forum), I would suggest playing H2C if you can find games in the playlist, it's the only game that works properly for me (albeit the awful medium-long range BR hit registration).

If not, wait for a more stable version of MCC to come out. Please stop posting your salt about the state of MCC here.

Hmm how long till it's fully stable though? I don't know, who knows if it will ever be... but I doubt the lost population will come back. I think people have every right to be annoyed especially if they bought an Xbox one for this game.

Does anyone else lag in H2A but are fine in every other game? When are dedicated servers coming back up?

Not me, but a friend of mine has the same problem. However, we only play CE/H2C and very rarely a bit of h2a (mainly because it's almost unplayable for him). So I can't say whether h3/h4 lag for him. His connection is 6016 kbit/s down and 576 kbit/s up, so we just blame it on that. Is yours any better?

Every time I see your avatar I expect salt over the state of MCC.

You have terrible internet, just like me (trust me, mine is probably worse. I wouldn't be surprised if I have the worst net in this forum), I would suggest playing H2C if you can find games in the playlist, it's the only game that works properly for me (albeit the awful medium-long range BR hit registration).

If not, wait for a more stable version of MCC to come out. Please stop posting your salt about the state of MCC here.

I don't have terrible net. Speedtest says 60% worse than average for AU. As for H2C you can't get games in that playlist and 3/3 of the complaints I listed more than a month since release are not because of my net. As for search times I can play with a kid with a strict NAT in Reach with a population of 12 and get games faster than MCC. My net, your net, everyone's net is not the problem here.

Just matched my first ever Beyond member on CE.

GG's  @@Hard Way

Edit: Why am I pumpkin colour? u wot m(3.5*2)+1

Yeah you too bud.  Fun games tonight.  @@Cylical is on here too.  I randomly teamed with him in a HeH TS.  He had his mic, knew randoms, and we barely won a super close game against very good opponents.  We partied up afterwards and ran like 15 games together.  Tonight was the most fun night of Halo I've had in YEARS.  GG's all around!

Yeah you too bud.  Fun games tonight.  @@Cylical is on here too.  I randomly teamed with him in a HeH TS.  He had his mic, knew randoms, and we barely won a super close game against very good opponents.  We partied up afterwards and ran like 15 games together.  Tonight was the most fun night of Halo I've had in YEARS.  GG's all around!

Holy fuck, Cycical bent me over so hard. Yeah, that was the most fun I've had playing Halo in AGES. I can't go into H2A, it just seems so random with minimal shooting skill gap. 

• Upvote (+1) 3

Anyone know why i can see my H2A rank (lvl 28) but everyone else says they see im a lvl 1?

One of the many many many glitches in MCC, happened to me before aswel.

One of the many many many glitches in MCC, happened to me before aswel.

Probably because the ranks are just superficial numbers that have no real meaning. Everyone is probably un-ranked as a lvl 1 underneath the surface and it just shows a number to make people think there is a ranking system.

I don't have terrible net.

Yes you do. It's your lack of upload speed mainly. I will agree that MCC is very poorly optimized, but reach had the most generous netcode of all the halos, pretty much.

If the majority of people (including fellow aussies with average internet) are saying they are finding games quickly, minimal lag, minimal 3v4 unless its due to quitters and other vast improvements.... it must be you bro... reinstall the game or clear your cache or something.

@@Bravo Wonky CE glitches.

Game ends at 12-7 for no reason 2 minutes into the game on Damnation slayer.

xboxdvr.com/Jolly+Josh/5f5c5350-31d7-41c9-9ed0-ab81d6aba9dd

My TO2 matches another TO2, Then it creates teams and another TO2 joins and it splits us up to make it 3vs3. (Issue with the inability to search with a TO3 and or Lack of Max 4 players.

xboxdvr.com/Jolly+Josh/7d1dfda3-5842-4072-8950-738dc5c14ec8

Wizard Multiflag 2vs2 randomly ends 2 minutes into the game 0 to 0.

xboxdvr.com/Jolly+Josh/5823752e-411f-47fe-9e75-91fc2e2a30f9

This sniper rifle "Tetrising" towards rockets on Damnation. LOL.

xboxdvr.com/Jolly+Josh/d88f7cd6-40fb-4927-9c44-eb5c5cc1b57a

(Issue with the inability to search with a TO3

I tweeted this to Brav and they'll change it to TO3 "soon":

I think the game randomly ending might have something to do with the game not ending when 1 team quits. It might just be p2p issues, since both MCC CE and CE PC are meant to run on dedicated servers. I think the game not ending one is just a leftover from PC since people can always join the server when 1 team quits.

My buddy and absolutely rolled heads in the h1 playlist last night. We lost two games all night and when we matched 2s I don't think anyone got over 25 kills. As much fun as it is going +20 each game I'd really like to match up against a similarly skilled team.

Probably because the ranks are just superficial numbers that have no real meaning. Everyone is probably un-ranked as a lvl 1 underneath the surface and it just shows a number to make people think there is a ranking system.

I agree, for what I see it the ranking system doesn't even work it's so flawed you shouldn't be able to gain ranks by beating between people 20 levels lower than you.

I tweeted this to Brav and they'll change it to TO3 "soon":

I think the game randomly ending might have something to do with the game not ending when 1 team quits. It might just be p2p issues, since both MCC CE and CE PC are meant to run on dedicated servers. I think the game not ending one is just a leftover from PC since people can always join the server when 1 team quits.

Nah, these games just ended early around 2 minutes into the game. Both teams were still present, noone quit.

Nah, these games just ended early around 2 minutes into the game. Both teams were still present, noone quit.

That's not what I meant. I just thought the reason for both bugs (it ending early + it not ending when 1 team quits) might come from the same source and it might be a p2p issue.

That's not what I meant. I just thought the reason for both bugs (it ending early + it not ending when 1 team quits) might come from the same source and it might be a p2p issue.

I don't know, just hope they're addressed. I am not familiar with Halo CE PC to know if they were present in PC or not.

343 is all about talking to the community until you mention dedicated servers.

Kind of reminds me of my landlord he came by and talked my ear off then nonchalantly asked if everything with our rental house was fine and I said one thing and he suddenly had to go....

• Upvote (+1) 1