CyReN

Halo: The Master Chief Collection Discussion

New glitch I ran into last night; the game crashed several times during the loading screen for Halo CE maps.

Did it for HeH, Dammy and RR.

• Upvote (+1) 1

New glitch I ran into last night; the game crashed several times during the loading screen for Halo CE maps.

Did it for HeH, Dammy and RR.

It's happened to me multiple times before and since the newest patch (also on the post-game loading screen). Have also had it happen on H2C and H2A. Just a game-wide stability issue I think.

Question for those getting the map-loading issue - are you in a party when it happens?

Missigno said the same thing, something to the effect that it's not taking the momentum of both players into consideration for shot leading.

Right - to clarify, I'm not saying I preferred the version where shots weren't registering, but the game feels mechanically different than Halo CE to me at this point.

And that's probably okay, mainly because the rest of the mechanics are so good - but I think it's important to understand if that's the case. I'm curious if anyone who has played a lot of CE on the OG box feels this way as well.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Question for those getting the map-loading issue - are you in a party when it happens?

Game 1:

Chillout CE TS searching alone. No issues. 3v3.

Game 2:

Chillout CE TS searching alone. Froze after map was voted for. 4v4.

This JUST happened to me and these were back to back. :)

Nope. I've only ever searched solo in this game so far and I've experienced it multiple times.

I should have worded that a little better. Are you in an Xbox LIVE party when the map fails to load? Not a part in Halo: MCC.

It feels "forced" to me; a little off. I'll admit I only got to play a few games last night, but it just didn't feel right to me. 

Shots were registering, but not necessarily ones I'd expect to. As a result, I feel like I'm getting lit up by players who probably aren't aiming how you should typically aim on the OG version. 

b/c that is how it is http://teambeyond.net/forum/index.php?/topic/4946-halo-the-master-chief-collection-discussion/page-1417&do=findComment&comment=356688

Well, CE games don't end if all the members of one team quits out in MM, so this still needs to be addressed. It won't end unless EVERYONE except one person quits out, not taking into account teams (just tested it).

I'm starting to think anti-aim arises because the game compensates for how much you're supposed to lead and then adjusts the stickiness around what your target should be (E.G. where you should be aiming to make shots count) based on their movement rather than where their hitbox is on your screen.

For instance, if someone is strafing towards right, then your reticle will be pushed to the right of their player model to account for how much you have to lead your shots, instead of sticking to where their player model is on your screen.

I haven't given this much testing at all, but this seems like the most probable cause.

EDIT: It seems like it has to do with your own movement as well.

This is why I'll stay in games where my team quits out even if it's 3v1 or 4v1. I still manage to rack up some kills usually and lets me try to get more practiced.  It sucks having to wait the time out if everyone quits out, so I'm not gonna put people through that. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

Speaking of quit I've had two CE matches in a row where half the other team quits out because they can't get more than three kills.

People are horrible, this world is horrible.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I should have worded that a little better. Are you in an Xbox LIVE party when the map fails to load? Not a part in Halo: MCC.

Not in a party in either mcc or on xbl. Had everything closed other than mcc.

Not in a party in either mcc or on xbl. Had everything closed other than mcc.

Ok, cheers. My friend had a theory that the party system was somehow responsible. We didn't crash at all tonight when we stayed out of parties.

Finally looked at your avatar properly and it clicked. Fellow basshead. <3

Hell yeah. I'm going to Basslights in a couple weeks, then Nashville for New Years Eve. 

@@Batchford what's your tag? I'm ready to run some 2v2 

• Upvote (+1) 1

Hell yeah. I'm going to Basslights in a couple weeks, then Nashville for New Years Eve. 

Same as my name on here, my xbox mic rn is kinda fucked so I can't talk, but I won't be taking it that serious anyways

I was playing split screen with a friend a bit ago and all four h1 matches we got crashed on the loading screen. It worked fine last night when I was playing with another friend though.

Damn dude, that's amazing. I'm always jealous/surprised/confused at the people that manage to see him so many times a year. I've seen him twice, last time was at North Coast. It was great, but I feel like for future EDM shows I'm going to try and go to indoor shows, because the bass just gets muddied to crap on grass and half the reason I go is to feel the bass course through my spine as I grin my head off!

Now that I think about it, I have been playing just fine after the patch but when I joined a friend of mine (and his Party Chat) to play today, The Map-loading bug happened twice in a row to both of us.

I'll test this theory some more tomorrow.

Damn dude, that's amazing. I'm always jealous/surprised/confused at the people that manage to see him so many times a year. I've seen him twice, last time was at North Coast. It was great, but I feel like for future EDM shows I'm going to try and go to indoor shows, because the bass just gets muddied to crap on grass and half the reason I go is to feel the bass course through my spine as I grin my head off!

Yeah indoor shows are definitely better. Except for Red Rocks, his shows there are absolute insanity. By the end of this year I'll have seen him 25 times. My first show was December of 2010, so yeah, I'm slightly obsessed. 

question for those playing MCC commonly with parties

1)

tried to play with 3 of my friends today, all open nat

but for whatever reason it was almost impossible to join each other, you could kick someone even though he wasnt in your party

restarting the game didnt fix anything

2)

when we finally got into a party together the MM kicked one out sometimes right after the MM search started

3)

after a successfull game the party leader got randomly changed by the game but in reality no one had the lead anymore

(when quiting the party no one got the message "take party with you" but only "leave party")

any kown workarounds for this?

1)

but for whatever reason it was almost impossible to join each other, you could kick someone even though he wasnt in your party

2)

when we finally got into a party together the MM kicked one out sometimes right after the MM search started

3)

after a successfull game the party leader got randomly changed by the game but in reality no one had the lead anymore

(when quiting the party no one got the message "take party with you" but only "leave party")

idk but this is exactly what happened to me, sitri, droid and oak yday

Yeah indoor shows are definitely better. Except for Red Rocks, his shows there are absolute insanity. By the end of this year I'll have seen him 25 times. My first show was December of 2010, so yeah, I'm slightly obsessed.

I'm hijacking this convo because I'm coming out there to see Shpongle at the Red Rocks next year.

• Upvote (+1) 2

1)

2)

3)

Next time, snap Party and join one if you aren't in one already and choose "Leave" and then choose "Multiplayer".

• Upvote (+1) 1