CyReN

Halo: The Master Chief Collection Discussion

So I was playing CE earlier, and I started thinking that the game feels weird. I feel detached and underpowered as a character. I don't quite embody my spartan, I just use this stupid pistol in weird arena maps (how do we even enter them?) instead of strong and powerful rifles. It feels quiet and boring, almost sinister. The announcer sounds like he might murder me or something. Your options are limited as an individual. Grenades, melees and shooting? That's it?

I think it would be nice, if moving forward, the series - Halo as a whole - had more immersive elements. Some things that make you feel more powerful as a spartan and make you feel like you truly are a part of the game. I'm not quite sure on what the said elements are yet, but boy, I am so sick and tired of this plain old classic stuff. We should definitely look into cranking the pace up a little! I'll go inspire myself from a few other popular shooters see if I can get some ideas, and I'll be back in a few!

Sarcasm?

Destiny has ground pound, double/triple jump, glide, blink, supers, longer melee lunges, unlimited sprint, changeable weapons on the fly, all characters are not created equal.

CoD introduced the exo skeleton and exo abilities. Already had killstreaks.

These are the major elements from both that allow the player to customize and make them feel different and a bit more powerful than the other player.

• Upvote (+1) 1

inb4 people who suck at CE start commenting that CE is still really broken and not blame it on their lack of skill.

It could just be placebo, or host selection being changed, but it feels like it's more forgiving off host than on.

Sarcasm?

Destiny has ground pound, double/triple jump, glide, blink, supers, longer melee lunges, unlimited sprint, changeable weapons on the fly, all characters are not created equal.

These are the major elements from both that allow the player to customize and make them feel different and a bit more powerful than the other player.

YwgbT16.gif

• Upvote (+1) 8

Sniping has always been easier in MCC than on original Xbox H1, and pistoling is easier now too..

i see it that way too, the improved hitreg even boosted this which is why i would welcome a reduction in aim assistant for CE

this would also widen the skillgap and make 3sk less common in MM public games

Got matched up with @@Zandermannnn last night for TS on Hang'em High. We destroyed the other team. Just thought it was funny to get matched up with another beyond member on my friends list. Just coincidence or small population?

Edit: Just went to find the game in my game history on Waypoint and it doesn't appear to have each game as a link anymore. Just a table with stats of each game. Nothing to click and view the people that were in the game, the game scoreboard, etc. Anyone know if there is way to view a game this way anymore or is that a feature that doesn't exist for MCC?

I thought that gamertag looked familiar lol. Pistol on HeH felt really good.

It would be interesting to look at any population numbers though.

I thought that gamertag looked familiar lol. Pistol on HeH felt really good.

It would be interesting to look at any population numbers though.

Played one game on HeH last night, and the pistol felt AMAZING as I was dropping that 30 bomb. I have no idea what 343i did to H:CE, but the game feels sooooo much better.

Anyone else actually want Halo 3 to be in Team Hardcore? I ask because I have always completely despised Halo 3 but shots actually register in MCC for whatever reason. I find myself getting 4 shot kills pretty often and that's with default damage. That might have happened only once ever during Halo 3 on the 360 for me... Hardcore would be 110% damage and I actually think H3 will be extremely enjoyable.

Anyone else actually want Halo 3 to be in Team Hardcore? I ask because I have always completely despised Halo 3 but shots actually register in MCC for whatever reason. I find myself getting 4 shot kills pretty often and that's with default damage. That might have happened only once ever during Halo 3 on the 360 for me... Hardcore would be 110% damage and I actually think H3 will be extremely enjoyable.

Have they announced a team hardcore playlist? First time getting on the boards today.

Played a game on Rat Race last night where I spent the first 20 seconds of the match on the death screen. I've never been so happy. Finally got out of the spawn trap and proceeded to wallop the team like 50-15. I'll be on in a bit if anyone wants to play 2's. Has the update helped with off host customs at all?

Played a game on Rat Race last night where I spent the first 20 seconds of the match on the death screen. I've never been so happy. Finally got out of the spawn trap and proceeded to wallop the team like 50-15. I'll be on in a bit if anyone wants to play 2's. Has the update helped with off host customs at all?

Yes. considerably.

Add Batchford for 2's

Has the update helped with off host customs at all?

yes off-host CE is glorious now (compared to its state pre-patch)

definitely give it a try, youll love it :)

GT=beamimpact for 2s CE

Lol c'mon. "Introducing" is a generous word. I guarantee you that the exo stuff would never be in CoD if it wasn't for Titanfall.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I want the hardcore playlist mainly to have the maps, including Amplified/Onslaught. I hope everything is kept the same as in spawns/power weapon times/being able to dirty weapons etc.

It definitely feels better, but pretty different than LAN Halo 1 on the OG box. 

Hard to describe after a few games.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Lol c'mon. "Introducing" is a generous word. I guarantee you that the exo stuff would never be in CoD if it wasn't for Titanfall.

Wasn't it in Crysis first?

• Upvote (+1) 1

While I totally agree that H3 on MCC is 100 times better than 360 H3 when it comes to shot registration etc., I really hope that Hardcore stays H2C only for a bit. I honestly won't mind the odd game of MLG H3 in MCC and I also look forward to see how it plays and feels, but even in the one ranked playlist skill matchmaking doesn't really seem to work. I don't wanna get outvoted 90% of my Hardcore games when I que by myself. Whenever it actually matches you with people your rank/skill level, they can add h3 for all I care. I'm fairly sure once you are rank 30+ most people will vote h2c anyway (unless the options are really meh and a really good h3 gametype comes up).

Either way, since h3 forge is still broken they won't add it immediately anyway.

Advanced Warfare had a three year dev cycle. It was conceptualized before Titanfall was known to the public.

But, even so, it is odd that so many shooters are converging lately with all this advanced mobility shtick.

While I totally agree that H3 on MCC is 100 times better than 360 H3 when it comes to shot registration etc., I really hope that Hardcore stays H2C only for a bit. I honestly won't mind the odd game of MLG H3 in MCC and I also look forward to see how it plays and feels, but even in the one ranked playlist skill matchmaking doesn't really seem to work. I don't wanna get outvoted 90% of my Hardcore games when I que by myself. Whenever it actually matches you with people your rank/skill level, they can add h3 for all I care. I'm fairly sure once you are rank 30+ most people will vote h2c anyway (unless the options are really meh and a really good h3 gametype comes up).

Either way, since h3 forge is still broken they won't add it immediately anyway.

I know they can't have too many playlists, but I feel at high levels, it's going to be strange playing two different games. Someone could be decent at H3 but below average at H2 or vis versa, so they're going to be annoyed whenever they get the game they don't like.

I guess on the upside the highest levels will be solid at both games, so there's that.