CyReN

Halo: The Master Chief Collection Discussion

So I'm sure this has been said but just to clarify, is it unknown whether there will actually be original halo 2 multiplayer and the remastered maps graphics thing will have the clunky halo 4 like gameplay that was on display today or what exactly? Thanks!!!

They have 6 maps they remasted on a new Halo engine on the xbox one then they still have all 25 mp maps from h2 available to play on the original h2 multiplayer. Hope this cleared it up for you.  :D  The original h2 multiplayer is confirmed

I really liked the guy from IGN asking most of those questions. He incorporated both casual and competitive questions and got a lot of good answers which is rare when dealing with Frankie. Still in disbelief.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I would love to see leagues running multiple Halo titles for separate events- no more than one game per event though.

I really liked the guy from IGN asking most of those questions. He incorporated both casual and competitive questions and got a lot of good answers which is rare when dealing with Frankie. Still in disbelief.

Whenever I heard 343 say that "we were not a full studio" we had people on the team who hated halo" I always thought it was bullshit but the thing is they didnt have to do ALL of this and a halo 5 beta this is beyond  :saucey: anyones wildest dreams they really do care the disbelief is real. Also I normally don't like IGN's content, but that interview was solid. 

• Upvote (+1) 3

Did anyone else notice around 4:10 in the IGN interview where frank is talking about customer games he mentions "servers". Potential dedicated server custom game feature?

you can only do custom games on dedicated servers. you aren't allowed to peer2peer host as of yet.

so does this mean it's the 6 pc maps or the 6 remastered maps.

either way >100 does =/= 93. and 93 + 6 remakes =/= 101

93 competitve maps + 6 remakes + Halo 4's 4 forge maps = 103

There you go.

If you don't want to count remakes, you could still add cooperative maps from Spartan Ops, since they where shown in the "Multiplayer" section of the collection.

you can only do custom games on dedicated servers. you aren't allowed to peer2peer host as of yet.

What I mean is he was talking about it being really easy to find something you like in custom games, due to you being able to find "servers". Like you have on BF4, you can search for customer servers for exactly what you want.

I have never seen a devs stock skyrocket in the eyes of their community faster than 343 today, make sure to tweet @ and thank them.

• Upvote (+1) 1

This is pretty awesome. I'm wondering if they'll include consistent control schemes across the games (I'm not sure how hard it would be for example to add bumper jumper to HCE and H2) switching between them from game to game could get frustrating

Edit: last time I was here I had my Christmas hat on my avatar last year :( it's been a difficult time for halo

So much #Content

I wonder how many pros will try to ride the wave and produce good content

So halo 2, 3, and 4 have forge. What about Halo 1?

Also, customizable controls would be awesome, especially with a 4 halo games in 1 kind of thing (thus, seperate controls).

Now, wait, is this only on the rebuilt maps?

Could someone elaborate on this- aren't all 100+ maps "rebuilt?"

I've been at work all day and haven't gone through all the info yet.

Kinda bad news, when playing MP you HAVE to be on the new Halo 4 graphics. So if you where hoping for Halo 2s better player models, medals, not having "Sniper kill" written on your screen think again.

• Downvote (-1) 7

Kinda bad news, when playing MP you HAVE to be on the new Halo 4 graphics. So if you where hoping for Halo 2s better player models, medals, not having "Sniper kill" written on your screen think again.

Only on the 6 maps that are remade which to be honest don't look too bad

• Upvote (+1) 1

93 competitve maps + 6 remakes + Halo 4's 4 forge maps = 103

There you go.

If you don't want to count remakes, you could still add cooperative maps from Spartan Ops, since they where shown in the "Multiplayer" section of the collection.

I included halo 4's 4 forge maps already bro.

No you don't. That is a separate engine entirely. Halo 1, 2, 3, and 4 will all feature their original graphics, while the new Halo 2 experience will have Halo 4-style graphics.

post-5531-0-49146500-1402358261.png

• Upvote (+1) 1

so does this mean it's the 6 pc maps or the 6 remastered maps.

either way >100 does =/= 93. and 93 + 6 remakes =/= 101

spartan ops counts as multiplayer, which bumps it over 100 by a lot