CyReN

Halo: The Master Chief Collection Discussion

No, they said that each game's co-op player count will be unchanged.

2 player online co-op

Thank you.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I think it's really cool 343 is still talking about the collection besides the E3 presentation. They seem really eager to share all the info. ^_^

4v4 Halo 2

2v2 Halo 1

It's that simple; Halo 3 is nothing but a downgraded Halo 2, and Halo 4 is Halo 4.

Although it would be interesting to see what is actually different between the original and new Halo 2.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Taken from the main article on the home page;

"This is were it gets interesting. Halo 2: Anniversary will not only come with all 23 original Halo 2 maps, but 6 remastered versions which will receive graphical upgrades just like Halo: Combat Evolved did, expect they will be playable in the Halo 2 engine. One of these maps is Ascension as seen above"

Thats kind of wrong. It should read, H2A will receive all the original 23 maps in the original H2 engine, in addition there will be 6 remastered versions that will run on an entirely different engine, which is confirmed to be a mixture of engines (from the IGN interview).

they actually later said 25 maps for h2 because they forgot to include the 2 pc maps

Random question that I've been meaning to ask for a long time: What kind of accent does Frank have?  It confuses me every time.

Taken from the main article on the home page;

"This is were it gets interesting. Halo 2: Anniversary will not only come with all 23 original Halo 2 maps, but 6 remastered versions which will receive graphical upgrades just like Halo: Combat Evolved did, expect they will be playable in the Halo 2 engine. One of these maps is Ascension as seen above"

Thats kind of wrong. It should read, H2A will receive all the original 23 maps in the original H2 engine, in addition there will be 6 remastered versions that will run on an entirely different engine, which is confirmed to be a mixture of engines (from the IGN interview).

Updated this after getting a tweet on Twitter. I honestly should have waited until after E3 to get something like this out, a lot of it is still mixed wording.

Random question that I've been meaning to ask for a long time: What kind of accent does Frank have?  It confuses me every time.

Scottish!

• Upvote (+1) 1

Scottish + American

• Upvote (+1) 1

Scottish. But it's kind of diluted since he's lived in the US for a long time.

• Upvote (+1) 1

93 competitive mp maps damn they came with the Knockout 

vicious-mike-tyson-uppercut-knockout.gif

Can someone edit a 343i logo on Mike Tyson and a e3 logo on the dude getting Ko'd

• Upvote (+1) 2

The only downside to this entire ordeal is the fact that it launches on November 11th which is a TUESDAY. I have 18 1/2 credits this semester and my god I am going to want to skip that rest of the semester when this thing enters my Xbox One.

I've always wished I could have experienced Halo 2 online and now I'm going to get even more than that. This is just amazing....WOW.

• Upvote (+1) 3

Just got through that IGN interview portion. I understand why they divided up the playlists the way they did. The playlists would be a mess if they included every playlist from Halo 1-4. But I'd rather stick to CE and Halo 2. Ranks or not, I'm backing out for Halo 4. It would be interesting if you could search for people hosting custom games for the game you want to play. I'm probably reaching, but that's what I felt Frank was hinting at. And if they designed it where custom games are beinging run on dedicated servers, it would also explain why they are reluctant to announce system link functionality. It might be a problem they are still trying to solve. 

so does this mean it's the 6 pc maps or the 6 remastered maps.

either way >100 does =/= 93. and 93 + 6 remakes =/= 101

Did anyone else notice around 4:10 in the IGN interview where frank is talking about custom games he mentions "servers". Potential dedicated server custom game feature?

Did anyone else notice around 4:10 in the IGN interview where frank is talking about customer games he mentions "servers". Potential dedicated server custom game feature?

I think the whole game is on dedicated servers... Unless i don't understand what that all means, i'd assume it also includes custom games.

Ok, it's like this.

Halo 2 Original MP is available - untouched, 60FPS, dedis, 1080p.

6 Remastered Maps ALSO available - 60FPS, dedis, 1080p.

Both will be playable. From the looks of it, it runs off a modified Halo 4 engine (HUD positioning, armor looks, etc) but it looked like an early build. We'll know more as time goes on.

So I'm sure this has been said but just to clarify, is it unknown whether there will actually be original halo 2 multiplayer and the remastered maps graphics thing will have the clunky halo 4 like gameplay that was on display today or what exactly? Thanks!!!

I think the whole game is on dedicated servers... Unless i don't understand what that all means, i'd assume it also includes custom games.

I would assume this also - Titanfall currently uses dedicated servers even in custom games. Whatever server the party leader is connected to is used. Such a system would be a great way to provide as neutral a connection as possible for the players in the lobby.

93 competitive mp maps damn they came with the Knockout 

vicious-mike-tyson-uppercut-knockout.gif

Can someone edit a 343i logo on Mike Tyson and a e3 logo on the dude getting Ko'd

Actually put Infinity Ward logo on the guy that's getting ko'd