CyReN

Halo: The Master Chief Collection Discussion

Gotta love people complaining about the auto-aim in H2A. Newsflash: It's supposed to be a successor to H2C which had a shit ton of auto aim, remember that game which you all loved and refer to as the 'glory days' of Halo? If anything H2A has slightly less auto aim than H2C, certainly not more.

Complaining about reticle movement speed in H3 as well, what is up with that? You do realise there is an option to change your sensitivity right? Day 1 I realised it was way faster than all the other games and I just lowered the sensitivity, now it feels relatively similar to all the others.

Man what? You do realize that the reticle speed is broken right? We aren't complaining about something that was done right that we don't like......

Vode knows. That's a good way of putting it.

Man what? You do realize that the reticle speed is broken right? We aren't complaining about something that was done right that we don't like......

Lower your sensitivity if you think it's too fast. Not that hard.

• Downvote (-1) 2

Lower your sensitivity if you think it's too fast. Not that hard.

I already did that. It doesn't solve the problem, you could lower the sens to one and it would still move awkwardly.

Speed isn't the word I should use, but seriously go move the reticle in any game that isn't H3 then move it in H3. Or go to 360 H3 and then to XB1 H3. It's obvious and noticeable that it's messed up.

It's not about sensitivity. The aiming feels jitterish like your aiming on a grid. Try drawing a circle with the reticle in H3 and then on HCE and you'll know what people are talking about. ;)

That's true, and I think the new controller and increased framerate change how it feels for people.

Personally I think it feels smoother and more natural; closer to the other games in the collection. Which is great because I couldn't stand Halo 3's aiming on the 360 (in MCC it feels much less like I'm fighting against the game just to put the reticle where I want it), but for people who either didn't notice the issues or simply played so much that they completely adapted to it I can understand how it feeling different can seem to be a bad thing.

I switched my Xbox ONE controllers right analog stick out with one from an old Xbox 360 controller. I had to use sandpaper to make it fit, but it feels just like the Halo 3 I remember after doing it. It's definitely the new, smaller analog sticks that make it a problem.

• Upvote (+1) 3
  • Downvote (-1) 1

I already did that. It doesn't solve the problem, you could lower the sens to one and it would still move awkwardly.

Speed isn't the word I should use, but seriously go move the reticle in any game that isn't H3 then move it in H3. Or go to 360 H3 and then to XB1 H3. It's obvious and noticeable that it's messed up.

I don't experience any problems myself brah.

• Downvote (-1) 2

343i managed to kill the momentum we had going. Halo's reputation is tarnished on the Xbox One. I don't know what hat the average gamer will think of of Halo 5 when it launches.

Agreed on the momentum. I wonder if the Halo population will ever compete with COD again on Xbox? Back when Major Nelson used to post game ranks for online games, it was nice seeing Halo in the number one slot or even top 10 for so many years. I really thought MCC might return Halo to a resemblance of those days with a healthy population, but I'm thinking we are way past the point now. I know Twitch probably isn't the best gauge to determine Halo population, but last night around 9 pm Halo had about 800 viewers where COD and Destiny around 8,500 each. Makes me sad.

I honestly hope it does get fixed someday, but I do think the ship has sailed on "WeBack". MCC is broken beyond patches, it needs another huge update similar to 15 GB update we have to download at launch.

However, on a positive note, I'll do my part and keep playing this game in it's current state because I like game. I just hope there's enough people that feel same so we can have a good match making experience down the road! 

Gotta love people complaining about the auto-aim in H2A. Newsflash: It's supposed to be a successor to H2C which had a shit ton of auto aim, remember that game which you all loved and refer to as the 'glory days' of Halo? If anything H2A has slightly less auto aim than H2C, certainly not more.

Complaining about reticle movement speed in H3 as well, what is up with that? You do realise there is an option to change your sensitivity right? Day 1 I realised it was way faster than all the other games and I just lowered the sensitivity, now it feels relatively similar to all the others.

H2Cs auto-aim isn't as crazy as H2As, and combined with the far faster movement speed of H2C the aiming skill gap remains way, way higher in H2C. 

Beyond that, H2C seriously plays completely differently than H2A. H2C is arguably the fastest paced Halo and individual skill could still shine, while every game of H2A I seem to play ends up as a nade-dominated, slow, teamshot oriented game. H2A feels like H3 with twice the auto-aim more than it does H2.

As for the H3 reticle, I play on 5 in every other Halo in the MCC, and I've dropped to 3 for H3 and I still have issues. It feels completely impossible to make small quick movements, almost as if the X1 controller has a huge deadzone for H3. I didn't love H3s aiming mechanics on the 360, but I got by, but on the MCC I literally cannot hit even the simplest of shots consistently. 

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Back when Major Nelson used to post game ranks for online games, it was nice seeing Halo in the number one slot or even top 10 for so many years.

Halo 3 was the #1 most played game on Xbox Live in 2007, 2008, and 2009. Yes, the CoD community was split between two and three games in '08 and '09, but it's impressive regardless.

8yckr8m.jpgaNXmGK3.jpgrevg7OR.jpg

And no, that is not enough to convince 343.

• Upvote (+1) 9

I switched my Xbox ONE controllers right analog stick out with one from an old Xbox 360 controller. I had to use sandpaper to make it fit, but it feels just like the Halo 3 I remember after doing it. It's definitely the new, smaller analog sticks that make it a problem.

Interesting, can you clip some stuff and post it. Circles, shooting at people who are strafing etc etc?
  • Upvote (+1) 1

If you don't realize that Halo 3 is incredibly sluggish in both its movement and aiming no matter the sensitivity than you are, put quite plainly, an idiot.

• Downvote (-1) 2

Vode knows. That's a good way of putting it.

I said it maybe was the Xbox One controller because it's undoubtedly more precise and finicky oh and the sentence started with "I believe..."

I play on sens 4 throughout MCC and in my experience it's just the controller being different of what you're used to. I played H3 more than I would like to because it's the least broken besides the inverted audio.

That's true, and I think the new controller and increased framerate change how it feels for people.

Personally I think it feels smoother and more natural; closer to the other games in the collection. Which is great because I couldn't stand Halo 3's aiming on the 360 (in MCC it feels much less like I'm fighting against the game just to put the reticle where I want it), but for people who either didn't notice the issues or simply played so much that they completely adapted to it I can understand how it feeling different can seem to be a bad thing.

Basically this. ;)

I also don't have a problem with the H3 aiming how it is in MCC right now. Better than 360 IMO.

I said it maybe was the Xbox One controller because it's undoubtedly more precise and finicky oh and the sentence started with "I believe..."

I play on sens 4 throughout MCC and in my experience it's just the controller being different of what you're used to. I played H3 more than I would like to because it's the least broken besides the inverted audio.

Basically this. ;)

I also don't have a problem with the H3 aiming how it is in MCC right now. Better than 360 IMO.

For what its worth, I didn't have an issue with the aiming in H3 before the most recent update. It seems like when the fixed the movement in H3 it impacted the reticle movement for some players somehow. 

Honestly at this point I don't think its much of a stretch to believe the experience is different for different people as well.

H2Cs auto-aim isn't as crazy as H2As, and combined with the far faster movement speed of H2C the aiming skill gap remains way, way higher in H2C. 

Beyond that, H2C seriously plays completely differently than H2A. H2C is arguably the fastest paced Halo and individual skill could still shine, while every game of H2A I seem to play ends up as a nade-dominated, slow, teamshot oriented game. H2A feels like H3 with twice the auto-aim more than it does H2.

As for the H3 reticle, I play on 5 in every other Halo in the MCC, and I've dropped to 3 for H3 and I still have issues. It feels completely impossible to make small quick movements, almost as if the X1 controller has a huge deadzone for H3. I didn't love H3s aiming mechanics on the 360, but I got by, but on the MCC I literally cannot hit even the simplest of shots consistently. 

Oh man. The nostalgia goggles were firmly clamped on your head for this post. H2C auto-aim is insane, it literally can't be argued. Not even an opinion. You can 4 shot people blindfolded in that game. One on one BR battles basically depends on who gets the first shot, coming from the skill oriented one on one pistol battles in HCE this was a complete embarrassment.

If you don't realize that Halo 3 is incredibly sluggish in both its movement and aiming no matter the sensitivity than you are, put quite plainly, an idiot.

So is the aiming in H3 sluggish or too fast according to people on this forum? You don't seem to be able to make up your minds.

• Upvote (+1) 3
  • Downvote (-1) 4

We need more maps guys... and at this point I don't care if they are:

• Forge Remakes
  • DLC Remakes
  • DLC Originals
  • Forge Originals
The MCC, specifically Halo 2 A PLAYS very smooth, the problem is it just gets super dry, I can only play the same map pool for so long without wanting to pull my hair out, which I have started to do, I truly believe that adding just 2-3 more maps will really make the game more interesting and enjoyable.

I just want to know if we have received any word when 343 plans to incorporate forged maps into the HCS, or better yet, if anyone has actually forged anything good that has been tested! I'm not knocking our awesome forge community, I simply just have not seen or ran games on any forged maps yet.

Originals plz (although midship would be nice too)

Oh man. The nostalgia goggles were firmly clamped on your head for this post. H2C auto-aim is insane, it literally can't be argued. Not even an opinion. You can 4 shot people blindfolded in that game. One on one BR battles basically depends on who gets the first shot, coming from the skill oriented one on one pistol battles in HCE this was a complete embarrassment.

So is the aiming in H3 sluggish or too fast according to people on this forum? You don't seem to be able to make up your minds.

How are you not banned? The obvious trolling is getting old.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

How are you not banned? The obvious trolling is getting old.

He is right with Halo 2, though. The aiming skill gap there is almost nonexistant compared to its predecessor.

• Upvote (+1) 2

He is right with Halo 2, though. The aiming skill gap there is almost nonexistant compared to its predecessor.

Halo 2 was never a "i got first shot so i win the br battle" game. He isn't right about that, the only thing he is right about is the aiming from halo 1 to 2 being less skillful. He is an obvious troll who posts bull shit non stop.

Interesting, can you clip some stuff and post it. Circles, shooting at people who are strafing etc etc?

#Vode knows :P

I disagree with his assessment on the ease of H2C aiming.  Sure, if I stand still and my buddy stands still and we shoot each other at the same time, then yes - that makes sense.  But saying you 4 shot everyone every time, that it takes no skill to shoot, is flat out wrong.

lol oh yeah I forgot they still haven't said what their "compensation" will be.

They said we are getting compensation?

It is because 343 literally has no idea what they are doing.  It is a studio completely filled with incompetence.  Incompetent developers, incompetent QA, incompetent management.  It doesn't matter how long they work on it, they'll never be able to fix it.  At this point they just need to hand it off to another development studio, and it would probably take them a good 6 months to fix it because 343 Industries fucked it up so bad.

It's more the fact they outsourced 90% of the game and they literally can't fix it in house because they didn't develop it. They're probably contacting every single company that they outsourced to in an attempt to fix this broken mess.

I disagree with his assessment on the ease of H2C aiming. Sure, if I stand still and my buddy stands still and we shoot each other at the same time, then yes - that makes sense. But saying you 4 shot everyone every time, that it takes no skill to shoot, is flat out wrong.

Aiming is pretty forgiving. Online the registration is shabby, that's all. Play on LAN and you won't miss. Same if you're host.

You can swipe snipe which is rediculous. Sniper is easy mode in general. Noob combo is easy mode.

RRX

RRXYYRRX

That's where the skill is in Halo 2. (From an aiming perspective)

EDIT:

H2Cs auto-aim isn't as crazy as H2As

• Upvote (+1) 2

aiming in h2c is easy

positioning yourself to win a br battle? Making the right strafes? thats where the skill/difficulty comes in

a lot of h2 kids don't even wall glitch

• Upvote (+1) 1