CyReN

Halo: The Master Chief Collection Discussion

I feel like my pistol is being pulled towards the right of the player all the time. Seems like it happens more often on high ping hosts. :(

I get this every once in awhile. It happened on the PC version if you used an Xbox controller. Its frustrating.

I don't get this game; sometimes I can get games in a minute, other times I cannot get a game at all.

Quit the app if you're not getting games consistently.

I have one in my fileshare (GT = a Chunk)

Other GT's that either have good maps in their fileshare now, or will soon are:

whos blaze

A Haunted Army

SecretSchnitzel

Big Papa Salot

thefro3po

purely fat

The Elder Acorn

a Polish Korean

Thanks. I'll check on them when I get a chance.

Any news on upcoming updates for MCC?

Considering Bravo is at the event, nope.

So for shits and giggles today I fired up my 360 and XBC for some Halo 2. Found a game with a 70ms Canadian host and played 1 FFA game, 2 TS games, and a multi flag ctf game (all MLG variants) Shots landed perfect, connection was mostly stable, and had some good competitive games

An hour later I booted up MCC and went in the H2C playlist and as you can guess, things went to hell pretty fast. Missed shots, uneven teams, MCC deciding to kick everyone early (game suddenly cutting to black screen then back to MM menu), etc.

General MCC matchmaking issues aside, what is the issue with MCC and H2C having the issues it has? Is it due to MCC using H2V instead of OG Xbox H2?

• Upvote (+1) 3

Wow great, hope they plan on fixing this.

I doubt it. I think there was pistol spread in the PC version of CE. I don't think they'll bother ironing these things out to make it more like the Xbox versions. of CE/H2C.

They'll get MCC into a patched-up mostly-workable state and then drop it to focus on H5.

General MCC matchmaking issues aside, what is the issue with MCC and H2C having the issues it has? Is it due to MCC using H2V instead of OG Xbox H2?

definitely part of it.  every1 and their grandma knew that h2v has worse netcode than the original. 

• Upvote (+1) 2

I've had a total of 4 perfections in Halo before MCC, one in h2, one in h3, one in reach and one in h4. I just got my 4th h1 perfection a few minutes ago.

idk what to do with this game anymore, never been more excited to compete in a game in my life but I can't get any practice because of Halo 2A's lag spikes which make around 70% of my games unplayable. All other games are playable (Except CE with the recent update) but Halo 2A the game that's being played in competitions is not playable.

I really do hope someone gets fired over this. I really do.  :(

• Upvote (+1) 1

You haven't been able to join custom games in progress since release. Really stupid how it's still like that.

But they weren't in custom games they were in the MM lobby. Never had this problem before.

I wonder of that next update is still on track for early next week. I wonder if they realize that early next week gives them until Wednesday

The worst thing about MCC is that all the old friends I wanted to play with came back and really tried for about a month but it's still so completely and utterly broken that they've almost all left. The playlists are so incredibly bad and there's no ranking system. It just never ends with this game and 343i. Nothing works. You cannot even leave matchmaking with being frozen for a minute and then restarting the game half the time. Want to play with your friends, good luck with that! It's just sad. It's such a complete and total joke at this point. I don't think the company truly understands the depth of what they did. There's no hope for the population returning or the game ever actually working well at this point anyways. We all know by the time H5, which looks like more chaotic sprint/lunge field shit, comes, there will be hardly a population left on MCC. Thanks 343 for destroying Halo with absolute finality that only you guys could.

• Upvote (+1) 5

IMG_20141214_214934.jpg

New problem. Does this anytime I try to join somebody. The 343bola virus is evolving rapidly.

First time I get on the game in 2 weeks and I'm getting the same shit.

EDIT: now I keep getting this screen whenever I boot up Halo lololol. Goes to title screen then takes me back to dash.

8e265fb7af9dd876948050f08f0d5845.png

• Upvote (+1) 1

IMG_20141214_214934.jpg

New problem. Does this anytime I try to join somebody. The 343bola virus is evolving rapidly.

Yeah I was trying to run some H:CE customs with some of the people who frequent these forums, and we were all getting this message non-stop. MCC worked pretty well for me with a different group of people yesterday, but was almost as broken today for me today as it was on launch night. My theory is that 343i is/was messing around with server side settings and or patches, because if this isn't the case, I cannot fathom how something new seems to break on a daily basis.

Does this whole thing seem like deceptive advertising? 

I was thinking about it, and if they claim to be "working around the clock" any more, then I'll lose all hope. If they were actually working around the clock to fix MCC then it would have been fixed by now. 

I decided that if MCC isn't fixed by the end of my winter break (1/17/15), then I'm definitely not going to pre order Halo 5, probably won't buy it at all. The 17th of January will be like 67 days since the game was released. The way I see it, if you take $60 from me and give me a bogus product in return, and take well over two months to get it fixed, then you don't deserve to get my money for another one of your "products". 

• Upvote (+1) 4

Why is H2A the only game even remotely playable in this collection?

• CE is a complete mess.
  • H2 has absolutely awful hit detection at range.
  • H3s reticle movement just feels horrible to me, to the point where I don't want to play that either.
  • H4 doesn't even have the Turbo update.

On top of this a solid third of the playlists are H2A only, and on top of this H2A is probably the second worst Halo I've ever played (and that includes Reach and H4). The aim assist is unreal (I swear the aiming in H4 is harder) and the movement is awful. 

The game is honestly such a mess at this point that even if matchmaking gets completely sorted I doubt I'll ever be able to have real fun with it. 

• Upvote (+1) 5

Why is H2A the only game even remotely playable in this collection?

• CE is a complete mess.
  • H2 has absolutely awful hit detection at range.
  • H3s reticle movement just feels horrible to me, to the point where I don't want to play that either.
  • H4 doesn't even have the Turbo update.

On top of this a solid third of the playlists are H2A only, and on top of this H2A is probably the second worst Halo I've ever played (and that includes Reach and H4). The aim assist is unreal (I swear the aiming in H4 is harder) and the movement is awful. 

The game is honestly such a mess at this point that even if matchmaking gets completely sorted I doubt I'll ever be able to have real fun with it. 

Right? It would have been so much better just to have H2A than give all the other games a bad name.

I would hope that at least, it would have meant getting 2-3 more maps...