CyReN

Halo: The Master Chief Collection Discussion

I think new maps are a necessity at this point in the franchise. Halo map remakes in the past couple games have only left a bad taste in my mouth and I only continued to compare them to the original.

Looking at H5's midship remake, it hardly even resembles it to me because of how big, and open it is. The only resemblance I see is that its purple but its also dark as balls.

I'd say these H2A remakes are the best they've been as far halo remakes go but does anyone else feel like map remakes are becoming extremely redundant.

Ex. blood gluch, coag, valhalla, ragnarok, bloodline

Ex. lockout, blackout, shutout, lockdown.

Ex. midship, heretic,

Sanctuary remakes

Battle Creek/Beaver Creek

Is it too much to ask for creativity on maps from the developer. Competitive needs small, symmetrical maps that can obtain some form of map control with power weapon incentive and spawn control.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Is it too much to ask for creativity on maps from the developer. Competitive needs small, symmetrical maps that can obtain some form of map control with power weapon incentive and spawn control.

I agree with you, but I have the feeling many players would rather stick with remakes of these maps forever than having to learn some new maps. Wasn't it that even one pro player on these forums admitted that most of them think this way?

Just got my 50 B4oy8iYCQAAbe4b.png

You're a pretty big douche for cheating your way to a 50. But with that being said, i don't like the way they added the numbers to the higher ranks. They were way cooler when there were no numbers and everyone knew what the symbols meant as far as ranks.

I feel this is a second chance for this game and most probably the last

Yep, Christmas is 343's last shot for redemption. If it's not fixed till then, the population won't come back strongly again.

Just got my 50 B4oy8iYCQAAbe4b.png

Why would you do this? Even if it would affect nobody it was still pretty ********, but doing this and thus making the teams uneven from the beginning of every match and so ruining the fun for everyone is just beyond my comprehension.

Currently 300 twitch viewers, this is bad news. A game can't be a competitive success without the support of twitch viewers. I'm betting the numbers for IG are going to be very disappointing.

Currently 300 twitch viewers, this is bad news. A game cant be a competitive success without the support of twitch viewers. I'm betting the numbers for IG are going to be very disappointing.

Just wait till the big orgs and the main Halo twitter tweet it out... shit should blow up

Currently 300 twitch viewers, this is bad news. A game can't be a competitive success without the support of twitch viewers. I'm betting the numbers for IG are going to be very disappointing.

Just wait for Temperistic or what the fuck ever his name is to hop on with his horde of viewbots.

I just want to add that I'm a firm believer that halo 1's greatness was a fluke...

I remember reading that they bumped the pistols damage up last minute for balancing in campaign mode. And God knows they didn't intentionally want weapon nade points in the game, nor did they like the amazing spawn system seeing how they changed both weapon and player spawns...

Gonna go fall into depression now remembering all this

When i read about soccermoms testing halo 2 and dual wielding before halo2 came out i knew it was never gonna be close as good as halo ce. The only thing i regret is wasting so much time playing halo 2 trying to get that "halofeeling" again wich was obviously never coming back. But i dont regret the years of fun i had on xbc with hce.

Just wait till the big orgs and the main Halo twitter tweet it out... shit should blow up

If this game had any chance of being a success on twitch, there would be enough of a fan base to have somewhat respectable numbers even outside of events. I mean Mario 64 has almost double the viewers right now.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

If this game had any chance of being a success on twitch, there would be enough of a fan base to have somewhat respectable numbers even outside of events. I mean Mario 64 has almost double the viewers right now.

You can blame the bad launch for that...

Christmas is the last big influx of players, the game NEEDS to be working by then, at least majority of the time anyways

I don't expect insane viewership with this game anyways, that will come with H5 (if it is good anyways)

When i read about soccermoms testing halo 2 and dual wielding before halo2 came out i knew it was never gonna be close as good as halo ce. The only thing i regret is wasting so much time playing halo 2 trying to get that "halofeeling" again wich was obviously never coming back. But i dont regret the years of fun i had on xbc with hce.

Hahahaha I had totally forgotten about the soccer moms.....

• Upvote (+1) 1

So they can add a SWAT playlist, but not a CE playlist? Are you kidding? Just... wow.

So I tried SWAT, being a fan back in Reach and pretty much the only thing I played in 4 for the longest time.

First match found, game crashes. Excellent start.

Second match found, H2 Classic on Ascention. Getting cross-mapped 1-shot off spawn like it's going out of style, yet I can't headshot anyone to save my soul. Note: I'm a BEAST at SWAT. It's fairly common I go 25-30+ kills average and go positive by at least 10, usually more like 12 to 15. It's apparent very quickly that it's not on dedicated servers and equally apparent who has host 2 minutes into the game when one opposing teammate has 18 kills already and everyone else in the game has an average of 3 or 4. Excellent.

Next is Haven on Halo 4, my best SWAT map ever; I drop 35 & 20 all day like it's my full-time job. I immediately notice HUGE dead-zones issues with my controller, very similar to the one I had prior to getting a new controller and not updating it to avoid what was obviously the issue (e.g. firmware update for Titanfall that comes pre-patched with all controllers with newer XBOX ONES). I finish the game with 12 kills and 20-something deaths. This is going great!

I then load up H4 campaign to see if the recent update was the cause of the dead-zones issue. Nope, perfectly fine. Same with H2 campaign. This is very obviously a singular occurrence (so far) with that particular match, owing itself very likely to the most recent patch. Amazing.

Then a match on Zenith in H2A. Again, cross-map 1-shotted CONSTANTLY whilst I'm having to lay in 3-5 shots even at mid range. This is depressing.

Then a match on Pitfall, H4. Luckily the dead-zone issue didn't come along for the ride this time. However, the connection is so bad that people are literally David Copperfielding all over the map: one guy just randomly appeared S2 as I was walking up back ramp and was loosing at S2 whilst going up; He didn't spawn there, as I'm not aware of any spawns up there, and he was already moving and strafing when he appeared. I love this game.

Cut to my last game on Sanc, H2C, where again I am being spawned directly in enemy scopes from time to time, and my BR, though aimed steadily & accurately, was apparently replaced with a replica BR/airsoft combo. And I frequently get 1-shotted from invisible opponents. This is the best game ever.

TL;DR = SWAT is an absolute joke; a garbage playlist that depends on host more than any other SWAT playlist in any other previous Halo game, and the game itself as a whole is still broken and more to the point, seems to be getting infinitely worse gameplay-wise with each subsequent patch, despite matchmaking seemingly getting better.

Fyrecide pls

• Upvote (+1) 2

I know most of the problems with the MCC have been online, but I really do hope that somehow glitches ruin the LAN tournament starting today.

They deserve as much shame and embarrassment as they can get.

• Upvote (+1) 5
  • Downvote (-1) 6

Ran into this guy twice last night, both times I steamrolled him and he quits mid-game. Signed in just to say this: you sir are a loser. 

I don't see why people would even attempt for 50s right now. People said in H3 "the ranks meant nothing", but right now, they truly mean absolutely nothing. Not enough good players are in the playlist currently for it to be a challenge and considering 50s can match 1s (last time i checked it can still happen?) there is no achievement there.

I hope when all the playlists get their ranks that the h2a playlist ranks get reset so everyone starts from scratch otherwise these people will never play on their 50s since they know they're going to lose now that good players are searching.

TL;DR = SWAT is an absolute joke; a garbage playlist that depends on host more than any other SWAT playlist in any other previous Halo game, and the game itself as a whole is still broken and more to the point, seems to be getting infinitely worse gameplay-wise with each subsequent patch, despite matchmaking seemingly getting better.

I think you might need to play Vanilla H2C SWAT. Not Halo 3 SWAT, not KoTH SWAT, and no Sprint-addled SWAT. Just, Bungie-Stock SWAT.

I just want to add that I'm a firm believer that halo 1's greatness was a fluke...

I remember reading that they bumped the pistols damage up last minute for balancing in campaign mode. And God knows they didn't intentionally want weapon nade points in the game, nor did they like the amazing spawn system seeing how they changed both weapon and player spawns...

Gonna go fall into depression now remembering all this

google Hardy Lebel and read his blogs and posts behind Halo CE's multiplayer development. Things were very intentional but I just don't think he realized the level of depth it would provide. For example, nading weapons was completely intentional by design, but standing off spawn and searching for certain stars/pixels to nade weapons wasn't really what they had in mind or found in testing. Pistol was intended to be the way it was, and camo was intended to have different fade rates on various weapons. (quick camo) The spawn system is another mystery, but almost everything was intentional its just that they didn't realize how extreme certain things were.

Game wasn't really a fluke, but even they didn't realize just how deep of a masterpiece they created.

• Upvote (+1) 4

brb expecting big numbers during work hours, school hours, and finals week for what again...pools? I only watch smash but even then pools get like 2k viewers on saturday and the top 8 get like 15k+

I think you might need to play Vanilla H2C SWAT. Not Halo 3 SWAT, not KoTH SWAT, and no Sprint-addled SWAT. Just, Bungie-Stock SWAT.

Halo 2 vista SWAT sounds worse than all of them combined not even gonna lie...

brb expecting big numbers during work hours, school hours, and finals week for what again...pools? I only watch smash but even then pools get like 2k viewers on saturday and the top 8 get like 15k+

Yeah I wouldn't sweat just yet. They haven't even played a match yet lol