CyReN

Halo: The Master Chief Collection Discussion

Halo 2 Classic playlist refuses to work (can't find games). Team slayer seems ok so far. I wonder how many people are playing?

This is the same for me. I can find find games in every other playlist. Just not H2C. Nat type is set to open on both my Xboxes.

Does anyone have any tips how to actually know where you are in H2A Shrine? Like Lockdown, Zenith and Stonetown are asymmetrical and it is quite obvious to know where you are and IMO Warlord is even cleared than original since they colored lifts and there are still colors on every bases' wall. In Shrine obj gametypes are fine since it is simple as "their flag, their car, their br, our bon, our court etc" but in TS you can literally spawn everywhere (read: to other team's side) like in original H2 but there is no indication of where you are. In H2C it's clear as day since there are clear colors (red side has red logo on the base and red logo on the ringwall above bonfire etc. So how to separate bases from each other in H2A Shrine TS? I'm confused. Communication in Shrine TS feels limited as fuck because of this :( (at least on my part)

I played for at least 8 hours today, and beside's needing to restart the build sometimes in order to join new hosts in customs, i pretty much had a flawless day of MCC play.

Played a good 15+ games of Matchmaking today. probably evenly split between Team slayer and HCS playlist, and only 2 times did i get un-even teams. But it was only because a person got booted during loading screen. Every game started on 4v4. Didnt have any laggy matches in Matchmaking either. *edit: Actually 1 game did start 5v4 but the person quit.

Halo CE's hit registration is completely fucked. It's actually the worst experience iv'e had on the MCC. I refuse to vote for CE anything until that's figured out... Well, unless Halo 4 is my only other options. Played like 3-4 matches on Halo 3, registration felt 100% better then on 360. I was actually shooting a BR and not a Nerf gun. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

Does anyone have any tips how to actually know where you are in H2A Shrine? Like Lockdown, Zenith and Stonetown are asymmetrical and it is quite obvious to know where you are and IMO Warlord is even cleared than original since they colored lifts and there are still colors on every bases' wall. In Shrine obj gametypes are fine since it is simple as "their flag, their car, their br, our bon, our court etc" but in TS you can literally spawn everywhere (read: to other team's side) like in original H2 but there is no indication of where you are. In H2C it's clear as day since there are clear colors (red side has red logo on the base and red logo on the ringwall above bonfire etc. So how to separate bases from each other in H2A Shrine TS? I'm confused.

the base with a bunch of stuff above it like the huge waterfall is red, the base without a bunch of stuff above it is blue. You can also tell by the lighting and the differences in the car and snipe sides of the map. It's a little more difficult than other maps, but go into a custom game and spend 15 minutes or so looking at the differences both above each base, and on the sides. For example the dropoff in one of the courtyards is much different than the other. Hope that helps a little.

Finally got to finish a CE game after getting booted 6-7 times in a row in TS. 2v3 after people quit out, me and the other dude were destroying the 3 on rat race. Actually had fun even though registration was still a bit funky. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

TL;DR = SWAT is an absolute joke; a garbage playlist that depends on host more than any other SWAT playlist in any other previous Halo game, and the game itself as a whole is still broken and more to the point, seems to be getting infinitely worse gameplay-wise with each subsequent patch, despite matchmaking seemingly getting better.

Did it ever cross your mind that maybe you were doing bad because you're used to being host in SWAT in all the other Halo's? Now the deis have come along you are no longer host.

• Downvote (-1) 3

Did it ever cross your mind that maybe you were doing bad because you're used to being host in SWAT in all the other Halo's? Now the deis have come along you are no longer host.

I didn't know that dedis have come along yet.... even though it's a month after they were supposed to be.

HCE hit detection is atrocious -- it literally is a crap shoot on who kills who. seriously one of the worst things ever.

I have beaten a guy down, fired 6 shots directly into his head and STILL he kills me.  I choose the CE gametypes strictly for nostalgia at this point, but soon it will fade away. 

Also to whoever was saying it up above - I have had the same issues with the game kicking me out and losing connection to host.  Happened to me 3 times last night. 

My only wish at this point is for a 2v2 playlist of some kind, because all of my other friends have quit and moved on. We are all adults, so we were pumped to relive our glory days of gaming, started with 10 buddies who all had the game pre-ordered and ready to go.

Now I have 1 friend who is still holding on...  gosh I hate 343

• Upvote (+1) 1

H:CE is hard because the amount you have to lead your shots varies from match to match. Even if we're on dedicated servers or not, someone is going to have a better or worse connection and make it different every match you get. It seems like it's a matter of finding out how to aim quicker than everyone else every single match you get.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Decided to play some MCC last night and it just ended in frustration. Couldn't get a game in the H2C playlist and my game crashed. The aiming in H3 feels slippery and totally different from the original and it's hard to adjust when I can't get many games in - I also have some bad sensitivity issues with H: CE. I also had some pretty bad experience with lag across all the titles (except H4 as I didn't play it). Example: No-scoped a player, but it took him a full second to drop dead.

I played a few H2A games last night too and I don't know what it is about it, but I easily perform the worst in that game. I guess I could ascribe my performance across all titles as I haven't played Halo seriously and consistently since 3/4 years ago, but I can 4-shot with the BR in all other titles and can get 3-shots in H: CE but I always seem to get like 7-8 shot kills with the BR in H2A and everything feels weak. H2A also feels super clunky and I don't like it. :/

Hopefully when I hop on next week my experience will be better.

Zenith Slayer is one of the most frustrating gametypes, far out.

The maps meta always stagnates down to both teams standing in front of each other like the redcoats and having pot shots from tower to tower.

Not helped at all by dynamic weapon timers either, as one towers snipe often comes up at different intervals to the other so someone can have a couple minutes easy pickings before you have a chance to defend yourself. Sigh.

Why they would choose it to remake is beyond my reasoning.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I've just realised how important Christmas could be for 343 and this game in general.

There will definitely be a load of new players who get the game for Christmas, the game seriously needs all the main problems sorted by then otherwise people who got it at Christmas will sell it too.

I feel this is a second chance for this game and most probably the last

I've just realised how important Christmas could be for 343 and this game in general.

There will definitely be a load of new players who get the game for Christmas, the game seriously needs all the main problems sorted by then otherwise people who got it at Christmas will sell it too.

I feel this is a second chance for this game and most probably the last

I said the same thing about Black Friday and alas. 

Zenith Slayer is one of the most frustrating gametypes, far out.

The maps meta always stagnates down to both teams standing in front of each other like the redcoats and having pot shots from tower to tower.

Not helped at all by dynamic weapon timers either, as one towers snipe often comes up at different intervals to the other so someone can have a couple minutes easy pickings before you have a chance to defend yourself. Sigh.

Why they would choose it to remake is beyond my reasoning.

Yeah, figured they would take a look at some Halo: Reach montages and see the infinite amount of Killionaires that were gotten on Pinnacle. Not a chance, let's make it happen all over again!

• Upvote (+1) 1

Years from now, I am still going to be having nightmares about the MCC launch and broken MM/lobby system. Easily now the worst launch I have ever been apart of with no for sure end in sight. This was Halo's chance to show the gaming world why we all loved it so much for so many years, and 343/MS have completely turned away the fans who bought an XB1 just for this collection hoping to get back into Halo. This sure puts M$ in the front-running to take over EA for worst company in America this year.

• Upvote (+1) 1

H:CE is hard because the amount you have to lead your shots varies from match to match. Even if we're on dedicated servers or not, someone is going to have a better or worse connection and make it different every match you get. It seems like it's a matter of finding out how to aim quicker than everyone else every single match you get.

I would say it changes from minute to minute during the same game. That's what the problem is. Changing for each game should be pretty normal if you are accustomed to playing xbc

I would say it changes from minute to minute during the same game. That's what the problem is. Changing for each game should be pretty normal if you are accustomed to playing xbc

I have talked to a number of different H:CE players, and most of them agree that it also seems like you have to lead each individual player differently within the same game. Despite the inconsistencies with H:CE's netcode, I still have the most most fun playing it by far, compared to all the other games in the collection. Hopefully 343i's next major H:CE update will fix some of the netcode issues, so that shooting will be much more consistent.

I have talked to a number of different H:CE players, and most of them agree that it also seems like you have to lead each individual player differently within the same game. Despite the inconsistencies with H:CE's netcode, I still have the most most fun playing it by far, compared to all the other games in the collection. Hopefully 343i's next major H:CE update will fix some of the netcode issues, so that shooting will be much more consistent.

I totally agree, as bad as it is it still smashes it's sequels... The MCC so far has just reminded how upset I was when halo 2 came out... It's not a sequel it's a completely different game.

I think this is a problem caused by the gaming community itself. If a sequel comes out and it's not radically different, people complain saying it's just a reskin. The giant downfall of this is developers feel pressure to make change to appease their audience and the result is that they change so much sometimes it's just not the same game anymore.

Take far cry 4 for example. This is an example of a good sequel. Updates to graphics and added new features. That's a true sequel. But what do you hear from the gamers? Just a bunch of complaints that it's too much like far cry 3... It's really ruining a lot of series in my eyes anyways, with halo taking the cake by removing/altering everything that made the original so perfect.

I remember going from pistoling two using the smg at launch... Just completely flipped the game upside down not to mention the changes to power ups, weapon physics, grenades, and spawn systems... Sigh...... :(

I just want to add that I'm a firm believer that halo 1's greatness was a fluke...

I remember reading that they bumped the pistols damage up last minute for balancing in campaign mode. And God knows they didn't intentionally want weapon nade points in the game, nor did they like the amazing spawn system seeing how they changed both weapon and player spawns...

Gonna go fall into depression now remembering all this