CyReN

Halo: The Master Chief Collection Discussion

Played a 3v3 on Derelict against 3 dudes who obviously knew what they were doing that quickly became a 3v2. They had 3 pistols/snipes on us every time off respawn and I nor the teammate I matched with knew how to spawn each other properly so we would have been destroyed either way, but man the hit registration was terrible. My experience with H1 so far has been pretty good, and I doubt I've ever been host because my internet is bad and I almost never get it in any online game. I was pretty surprised that I just could not kill anything this match, even they were having trouble except one guy who must have been host. This was by far the worst moment in the game, I don't think I even touched his shields in this whole encounter.

Yeah, if you don't have good control, Derelict can get out of hand quickly against even just decent players.

Played a 3v3 on Derelict against 3 dudes who obviously knew what they were doing that quickly became a 3v2. They had 3 pistols/snipes on us every time off respawn and I nor the teammate I matched with knew how to spawn each other properly so we would have been destroyed either way, but man the hit registration was terrible. My experience with H1 so far has been pretty good, and I doubt I've ever been host because my internet is bad and I almost never get it in any online game. I was pretty surprised that I just could not kill anything this match, even they were having trouble except one guy who must have been host. This was by far the worst moment in the game, I don't think I even touched his shields in this whole encounter.

This is what kills me. The best Halo game plays like complete ass in the MCC.

Sad thing is

Thats some of the better hit detection i've seen.......

Anyone else having trouble even starting the game? This is what I get every time I click on it to load.

"Please try again - for some reason Halo MCC took too long to start"

WHAT THE FACKKKK?!?!?!?!

Happens to me sometimes with all games. It's the Xbox One. Just hard reset it by holding the power button down for 10 seconds. Should fix the issue.

I'm sorry but 1/10 failure rate is not an acceptable reliability for any commercial software. Wouldn't it be horrible if you couldn't login to you bank website 1 out of 10 times?

It's not horrible in comparison to what it was. It's still sucks but at least it's tolerable but I also smoke a shit ton of weed when I play so that probably helps.

This happened 5 minutes ago. This photo depicts a 4v5 game being found in the Team Slayer playlist in Halo: The Master Chief Collection. To the left, you'll see my left hand with the middle finger extended.

C4568F02-1C38-4C41-9FCA-79A9A86F8E21_zps

I see your 4v5 and raise you whatever this was;

DaAmVWN.jpg

• Upvote (+1) 5

Hey guys,

Sorry for kind of being off-topic regarding the MCC.  I just picked up a new pair of A40s Gen 2 and my friends are saying that it's hard for them to hear me.  Any easy fixes for this or the known cause of this? 

That is not Halo 1. Simple as that.

I'm half tempted to say that Reach Anniversary Classic with its idiotic bloom is better than a version of Halo than one that that looks like my favorite game but plays like something else entirely. I'd rather play XBC in 90+ms than a game that plays like this clip.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Hey guys.

Kinda off topic, but sorry for all the ranting and raving about 343, GreenSkull etc over the past 2-3 days. I was just... salty? to say the least, and it's all out of my system now.

On a positive note, MCC has been working good with some small hiccups, and tbh the Halo 5 Spectator mode so far sounds absolutely FANTASTIC.

That is all. Oh BTW, the IG H2A LAN starts today, but I bet you already knew that. Make sure to tune in!

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

I wanna laugh and cry at the same time. This is priceless.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Make sure you've updated the firmware. 

All updated.  Unless something came out within the last day or two lol.  I have A30s that were fine, just upgraded to 40s

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

All updated.  Unless something came out within the last day or two lol.  I have A30s that were fine, just upgraded to 40s

On your A40s, you should have a block on the cable that comes out of the left cup. On the side of the block, there should be a little switch. Make sure to flick it up, as it might be flicked down, therefore the block is picking up your voice, not your actual mic. Hope this helps!

On your A40s, you should have a block on the cable that comes out of the left cup. On the side of the block, there should be a little switch. Make sure to flick it up, as it might be flicked down, therefore the block is picking up your voice, not your actual mic. Hope this helps!

I don't see anything near the ear cup...I have this thing on the cord though and there's an "A" which directs up and a "B" which directs down.  No idea what this means.

I don't see anything near the ear cup...I have this thing on the cord though and there's an "A" which directs up and a "B" which directs down.  No idea what this means.

Yes, that is what I am talking about! Slide it up to A, and then try speaking.

I was pretty surprised that I just could not kill anything this match, even they were having trouble except one guy who must have been host. This was by far the worst moment in the game, I don't think I even touched his shields in this whole encounter.

Story of my life and it only seems to have gotten worse recently. This happened to me in every single h1 game I played today. Didn't matter if it was an entire pistol clip, sniper or direct rocket to the face. It's even worse when you match up against @@Missingno -_- I was dropping neg bombs like it was my job haha.

Speaking of rockets, I'm not really sure what the deal with this is but it happened: xboxdvr.com/Rawkher/f1bcbceb-951e-4de6-a855-78048812b193

That is not Halo 1. Simple as that.

I'm half tempted to say that Reach Anniversary Classic with its idiotic bloom is better than a version of Halo than one that that looks like my favorite game but plays like something else entirely. I'd rather play XBC in 90+ms than a game that plays like this clip.

Like I said, personally I've had pretty good matches in H1 so far. I've probably gotten about 10 or so games and none of them have been laggy, but there's inconsistency in how much leading is required each game and the registration is finicky to say the least. Obviously not ideal by any means but less annoying to someone like myself who has never really played much competitive H1. I've been having fun, generally.

This match was the first one that was no fun at all. It was a lottery with every shot.

I hope the next patch (how many times have I typed that now?) is successful in addressing H1 issues. I really want to learn the game but it's not worth the time investment that would take at the moment.

That is literally how 9 out of 10 games go for me if I'm off host. And I'm off host probably about 80-90% of the CE games I play. Even in customs, if I'm not host the shot registration is absolutely garbage even close range with minimal lead. It's not nearly as bad as matchmaking, but it's definitely frustrating.

I have a clip somewhere where I had emptied and entire clip into a guy, all while his shields blinked with every shot on my screen, yet he wasn't even absolute by the time I was done (he'd killed me, obviously).

Add those statistics to the fact that CE gets voted for maybe 1 out of every 4 games, and you get a situation where, if I'm not quitting out of non-CE games or laggy games, I'm playing 1 decent game of CE about every 3 or 4 hours, MAYBE. If I do quit out of non-CE games, 1 decent game every hour or so. Even if I quit out of both laggy & non-CE games, 1 decent game every 20-30 minutes due to matchmaking times still being less than desirable.

And that's not even taking into account the games I have (read: feel obligated to due to lack of enjoyment) to quit out of due to a teammate or teammateS quitting out before or just after the game starts, standbys, and radically uneven teams straight from the search lobby.

Verdict: 343 made me not want to play CE. Way to go, guys... didn't even think that were possible.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Honestly, it's like they made CE play like Halo 3 online with a terrible, laughable matchmaking system.

Game should never have happened, and will never be fixed properly. When a machine is put together improperly/poorly and then breaks, you can't band-aid it to hell and back again and expect it to perform and function efficiently.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I'm starting to think this game is impossible to completely fix.

Well they can but to do so will likely find its fastest path in wholesale rewrites of complete components. In the end they will do just enough until halo 5is released then call it a night and tell each other how archaic MCC was to justify themselves. Remember they never liked halo to begin with and were all excited to be hired to improve it. Honesty they must despise having to do anything with MCC .

• Upvote (+1) 4

All updated. Unless something came out within the last day or two lol. I have A30s that were fine, just upgraded to 40s

Accidental neg rep man. On mobile.

Can the powers that be please edit the forum's mobile view / responsive CSS so that the neg/pos buttons are both farther away from the right side of the post's title bar as well as fix the link (I assume a span, paragraph, or list item tag) so that it's not 100% of the width of the post title bar; this results in (if you click the rep points balloon) actually clicking on the post author's name/link, taking them to their page.

If this hasn't been addressed due to the rep point list being a light box, and that not working too well on mobile, there are a myriad of different ways to handle that. I could lend some friendly web dev advice if need be; I have 16+ years of development experience :)

• Upvote (+1) 1

Honestly, it's like they made CE play like Halo 3 online with a terrible, laughable matchmaking system.

Game should never have happened, and will never be fixed properly. When a machine is put together improperly/poorly and then breaks, you can't band-aid it to hell and back again and expect it to perform and function efficiently.

halo3 online is godlike compared to mcc ce online. they should have just ported the xbox version since it doesn't have all these flaws. halo 1 on XBC doesn't have false hit registration, phantom fall damage, shit camo, etc x10000. they just picked halo pc since it would take a little less time. 

and @@chaosTheory damn only 90ms? mcc ce is worse than playing on 160ms XBC imo. I mean I could win on a 60ms mcc host and lose to those same exact people on 160ms xbc, but it's just not fun on mcc. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

Speaking of latency, does the "detailed network information" thing on XB1 just test your connection to XBL? Or does it ping/test nearest Azures server or whatever?

If that's results from testing my connection to a dedicated server, then that's awful. I've never had better than a 90ms ping. Meanwhile, running various speed test elsewhere on my computer (which is even wireless, unlike my XB1 which is directly wired to the router/modem) averages between 20-30ms ping.

No point in paying for these speeds and fibre when the main thing I use it for can't even properly take advantage of it.