CyReN

Halo: The Master Chief Collection Discussion

So they put a SWAT playlist in before CE!? It's very clear where the CE crowd stands with 343... they don't give a shiit about us. I'm so close to selling MCC and my xbone.

I bet it'll be back along with the original playlist before Christmas. I can't imagine 343 isn't a little panicked about making sure this game is running as smoothly as possible by Christmas morning. And, I like SWAT too!  It's nice change of pace occasionally! 

I'm not sure this means that. I think they're just saying that 5v5 Slayer is being weighted down in place of objective because as far as I know all the obj gametypes in team H2A are br starts anyways.

5v5 Slayer is a disaster

Why 5v5 is a disaster?  I know it's just seems odd because Halo is typically 4v4, but is it a disaster strategically for certain game types?  I'm asking as a non-competitive player and more of a casual player.

While it stinks for H1 fans that there's no Playlist for it yet, there's enough people comparing on here about it to run customs for a while

12.10 Playlist Update

As the team continues to work on additional improvements to matchmaking and other areas, we are deploying a variety of server-side updates to matchmaking player counts, as well as bringing back SWAT as the featured playlist. See the details of these changes below:

• SWAT has returned as the featured playlist. It features a variety of game types from Halo 2: Anniversary, Halo 2 Classic, and Halo 4, and we’re making additional investments to include Halo 3 in the game type rotation for a future update. As we roll out additional content updates, we’ll be bringing other playlists back into the rotation – these include Halo: CE, Halo 4, Team Hardcore, and future featured playlists, such as Team Doubles, Team Snipers, and more. As we mentioned before launch, we’ll be keeping an eye on voting data and player feedback to determine which playlists stay in the rotation.
  • Updated the player count to 4v4 (6 minimum, 8 maximum) for the following playlists:

- Team Slayer
- Halo 2 Classic
- Halo 3
- Halo Championship Series
- SWAT

• Updated voting options across multiple playlists to improve the balance of appearance of BR-start and objective game types.
  • Updated the “max party size” for Big Team Battle from 4-6, and the team is working on resolving issues that are affecting parties with 8 players. Once resolved, the max party size will return to 8.
  • In a future update, the ranked Halo 2: Anniversary playlist will be moved to 4v4. For now, as the playlist contains a variety of mid-size maps, we’ll be temporarily allowing both 4v4 and 5v5 matches, but have optimized the voting options for this player range. For example, you’ll see less 5v5 Team Slayer BRs on Warlord and more voting options that are catered to the current player counts of 4v4 and 5v5 (8 minimum, 10 maximum). Additionally, you’ll now be able to search as a party of 5. These changes are temporary until we turn ranking online for additional playlists.

Our next content update is scheduled for early next week, and we’ll provide additional details of what’s included in the near future. We thank you for your continued feedback, patience, and support.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Why 5v5 is a disaster? I know it's just seems odd because Halo is typically 4v4, but is it a disaster strategically for certain game types? I'm asking as a non-competitive player and more of a casual player.

it's not really about competitive play, 5v5 is the most awkward team size of them all. It becomes too much for the small mod sized maps and not enough to move overt to the BTB maps which start at 6v6. 50 kills isn't enough to go around for 5v5 either it's just all around weird.

Hey I have no qualms with SWAT but 343 plz reduce it to just Halo 2 and Halo 2 Anniversary, SWAT is just Halo 2's domain IMO.

Also remove the gimmicky versions of SWAT it's random bullshit, KoTH has no business with no-shields.

Hey I have no qualms with SWAT but 343 plz reduce it to just Halo 2 and Halo 2 Anniversary, SWAT is just Halo 2's domain IMO.

Also remove the gimmicky versions of SWAT it's random bullshit, KoTH has no business with no-shields.

The funny thing is, SWAT Objective was always weighted so low and even when it did show up, it never got voted for.

I haven't seen a single game of SWAT so far in MCC that had two slayer options and one objective. Seems like the weightings are just all wrong :/

Someone other than the minority got a Playlist first! Sell your xbox ones!

the ce playlist is wanted on every forum brah. However ranks need to work first for ce to work
  • Upvote (+1) 1

The funny thing is, SWAT Objective was always weighted so low and even when it did show up, it never got voted for.

I haven't seen a single game of SWAT so far in MCC that had two slayer options and one objective. Seems like the weightings are just all wrong :/

I have a feeling the quote below has to do with that.. Looks like they nerfed the weighting on BR-Start games and gave objective games a higher % to show up. Hello, H2A FFA Lockdown Ball and Walord KOTH.....

"Updated voting options across multiple playlists to improve the balance of appearance of BR-start and objective game types."

i disagree. In 2008 when i used to play swat, we always kept ctf. Aka it was always voted for when it came up. But it should always be 2s 1o like u said

Yeah, I downloaded it the same week I got MCC. Its been doing this since then so maybe I should try reinstalling it.

The menu where H5 MP is shown is where I click on it, then it launches the Halo Channel and I think where it's supposed to say "Watch Episode" but that's where mine says "Buy Halo". I press that (thinking it would verify I've got halo) and it takes me back to the MCC menu.

:weback:

Did you ever put the code in that came with your game? 

I have to say I'm really impressed with how fast 343 is knocking out issues. Hopefully we'll get ranks and everything fully functional in a month. I would be very happy with that

• Upvote (+1) 1

So my post is removed beause i told 343 to go eff themself? Nice

Im one of those ppl who took a week of to play halo ce online so dont you think its normal im frustrated? And yes i tried playing customs but its not easy to find ppl to play since im from europe, and i added some ppl from here who didnt even reply when i send them a msg to play h1.

I just want to come home and get straight in a h1 game without worrying to play a game im not interested in or waste an hour to find a custom game.

But on the bright side, theres light on the end of the tunnel with the announcement, i hope theres still h1 players online by then...

• Upvote (+1) 1

Why would you want a playlist for halo 1 when you cant actually play it?

MM works for me. I got games really fast but I quit everytime CE was not voted for and now I'm tired of restarting the game.

Or are you referring to CE netcode?

While it stinks for H1 fans that there's no Playlist for it yet, there's enough people comparing on here about it to run customs for a while

Host advantage is insane. Off host pistoling is just playing the lottery. Customs are not the answer.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Did I read it wrong or did they say that the CE playlist was going to be a rotation playlist?   If so, 343 really knows how to make me angry.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Is the patch working for anyone? I played a few games list night right as it became live, and if anything the playlist counts were worse. It only shows 8 searching spots, but once you get into a lobby it adds more players. I had a 6v6 in the TS playlist after the update.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Game has been running smooth lately...Cant wait for DS/hit registration to be fixed- this game will be hot cakes. 

On a side note, i played reach at my buddies house and holy smokes i was amazed the difference between 30fps and 60fps. Night and Day-I never played PC gaming once in my life, but i can understand why PC gamers moaned. 

Halo on 60 FPS = The Steez.

• Upvote (+1) 1