CyReN

Halo: The Master Chief Collection Discussion

When are they gonna fix join in progress customs? And the h2 respwan glitch. Sucks not being able to start a ffa and have people join in. Or running over the other team cuz someone didnt spawn for a minute.

Can anybody explain why the update sizes are so large? I can't wrap my head around matchmaking and bug fixes being such big file sizes..

Can anybody explain why the update sizes are so large? I can't wrap my head around matchmaking and bug fixes being such big file sizes..

It does make me wonder how a file size so large can make such little impact on the game.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I said it a thousand times in the past and everyone disagreed with me but I'll say it once more...

EVERY PLAYLIST SHOULD BE RANKED

Not for the benefit of the competitive community - but for the thumbless AR warriors. A proper ranking system will only pair like-skilled players. If you never encounter anyone good at Halo... you won't know you are bad at Halo.

One social playlist - Action Sack. Rank everything else and you've effectively eliminated the skill gap (or at least hidden it behind a curtain).

Personally I could go for some ranked Action Sack. Could you imagine being the last one alive in a game of grenade dodge ball?!

So buy the end of all the updates, when MCC is finally fully fixed, you will have to buy another xbone if you want to do anything else. :gandhi:

I said it a thousand times in the past and everyone disagreed with me but I'll say it once more...

EVERY PLAYLIST SHOULD BE RANKED

Not for the benefit of the competitive community - but for the thumbless AR warriors. A proper ranking system will only pair like-skilled players. If you never encounter anyone good at Halo... you won't know you are bad at Halo.

One social playlist - Action Sack. Rank everything else and you've effectively eliminated the skill gap (or at least hidden it behind a curtain).

The thing is, sometimes I just wanna chill and not try hard, that's when social comes good. Ranked and Social split like Halo 3 works good as it gives the complainers nothing to complain about, they can just go play ranked if they wanna play other AR rushing kids.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Even though I am glad that MM is pretty stable and reliable at this point (at least on my end) it's pretty pathetic that not only the big figure heads over at 343 go dead quiet during this entire thing (I'm looking at you Dan Ayoub and Bonnie Ross) but @Halo tweets like 3 times a week max. I totally understand they are getting shit talked constantly and will be for months to come, but there has to be better communication.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Even though I am glad that MM is pretty stable and reliable at this point (at least on my end) it's pretty pathetic that not only the big figure heads over at 343 go dead quiet during this entire thing (I'm looking at you Dan Ayoub and Bonnie Ross) but @Halo tweets like 3 times a week max. I totally understand they are getting shit talked constantly and will be for months to come, but there has to be better communication.

Bravo seems like the only one who cares at the moment.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Bravo seems like the only one who cares at the moment.

This, and it's his job to interact with the community. It's just frustrating that no one else is talking. Frank O'connor said that he (and from how immature and plain stupid the internet can be, I assume others as well) have recieved what he deemed serious enough threats that he has stayed off the internet.

I didn't make the game but I can make a guess.

I think they are large for the same reason that your free space used doesn't go up when you download them.

For example, let's say that they want to make changes to a map in the H2A campaign like they did in the 15 GB day one patch. Well, they can't just change the file, you have to redownload it and overwrite it. So if the map is 200 MB, the update will be 200 MB larger because you have to download the entire map again, not just the changes.

• Upvote (+1) 2

This, and it's his job to interact with the community. It's just frustrating that no one else is talking. Frank O'connor said that he (and from how immature and plain stupid the internet can be, I assume others as well) have recieved what he deemed serious enough threats that he has stayed off the internet.

Yeah, because going on the internet and responding to people can literally kill you.

He just couldn't handle the stress of thousands of angry fans yelling at him, so he went dark. Not everyone can handle the negativity and Frankie hasn't been looking so healthy anyway. He had that cancer patient look in the H2A documentary.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Yeah, because going on the internet and responding to people can literally kill you.

He just couldn't handle the stress of thousands of angry fans yelling at him, so he went dark. Not everyone can handle the negativity and Frankie hasn't been looking so healthy anyway. He had that cancer patient look in the H2A documentary.

They are working 24 hours 7 days aweek and are on call at all times if something big arises. They are working on it.

Is it bad I'm more excited to play H5 beta than MCC once my xb1 comes in?

At this point I just want to contribute feedback for the betterment of Halo's future.

• Upvote (+1) 1

They are working 24 hours 7 days aweek and are on call at all times if something big arises. They are working on it.

When did they say they're working 24 hours 7 days a week?

• Upvote (+1) 1

When did they say they're working 24 hours 7 days a week?

They have been going non-stop. I read it on a forum that a worker from 343 is on. he or she talked about it in one of the threads I was looking at it.

I doubt this very much, seeing as it's been 1 month since the games release and it's still sub par.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

I know a few 343 employees and the team assigned to Master Chief Collection has been pulling massive amounts of overtime. Not sure about 24/7 but certainly that team is working a ton. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

Anyone know why my friend and I are joining a party but neither of us can here each other? The little bubble in game chat is still going off when I talk which is beyond weird.

I'm so fed up w/ this console, I'm about to chuck it out the window.  

• Upvote (+1) 1

Other than the 10+ posts per day he is still making on GAF about unrelated stuff.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/search.php?searchid=26086219

But yeah, he seems really concerned about those death threats and I totally believe him when he says that's why he doesn't post online anymore about Halo stuff. Because safety first. :walshy:

• Upvote (+1) 1

I feel bad for the kids I match in h2c

I've had maybe 8-9 high level mm games out of 500 or so

Most games end 50-30ish

I had a 2:37 game on HeH in btb. pretty much 7 kids on our team had thumbs, the others did not. they just spawned red shotgun all game and died within 3seconds of their spawn over and over from snipers on both sides and rockets.  

• Upvote (+1) 1

Anyone know why my friend and I are joining a party but neither of us can here each other? The little bubble in game chat is still going off when I talk which is beyond weird.

I'm so fed up w/ this console, I'm about to chuck it out the window.  

When you select your name in the party does it say switch to game chat? or switch to party chat? I often get a glitch where I can't switch back to my party after manually selecting game chat. I just restart my box completely.

• Upvote (+1) 1

The thing is, sometimes I just wanna chill and not try hard pubstomp the hell out of dumb kids, that's when social comes good. Ranked and Social split like Halo 3 works good poorly as it gives the illusion that social is an easier playlist - leading to noobs playing that and getting stomped.

If a casual doesn't know a game, they try social instead of ranked. Then they get destroyed and think "This game is hard." and they go back to CoD.

If they are only ever put into ranked then they only play their skill level and they find some success. Instead of being used as a fun time for you and your friends to rape a few times before they quit the game forever.

• Upvote (+1) 5
  • Downvote (-1) 1