CyReN

Halo: The Master Chief Collection Discussion

Don't worry, EA is making the new Battlefront, and the guys who made Battlefield 3, and the highly successful Medal of Honor (2010) are developing it. What could go wrong?

Medal of Honor (2010) was actually pretty great. They just sort of dropped it for everything else. Warfighter, however....

Also, Medal of Honor was fantastic back in the day.

Medal of Honor (2010) was actually pretty great. They just sort of dropped it for everything else. Warfighter, however....

Also, Medal of Honor was fantastic back in the day.

Ugh, this is hard. It's actually Warfighter developers working on it (whichever the latest MoH game was). They merged that studio into the one making Battlefront 3.

Ugh, this is hard. It's actually Warfighter developers working on it (whichever the latest MoH game was). They merged that studio into the one making Battlefront 3.

Oh. Well fuck that.

When it comes to Battlefront, I just want this one: http://www.gamespot.com/articles/more-star-wars-battlefront-iii-footage-appears/1100-6423056/

I still don't get what happened to Star Wars Games in like 05 or 06. I went from growing up with Jedi Knight, X-Wing and then later Kotor, Battlefront and Republic Commando to only getting lego games and two mehish Force Unleashed Games.

The sad thing about Force Unleashed (first one) is its Nintendo DS Port was the closer to older Star Wars games, yet had poorly designed QuickTime Events. 

I believe it was Danger Close. On the topic of the DICE studios, I've heard that DICE Sweden moved to Battlefront 3 full time about half a year ago, while DICE LA (Danger Close) continued to fix/produce DLC for BF4.

I thought Battlefront 3 got cancelled? If not I can't wait!

When it comes to Battlefront, I just want this one: http://www.gamespot.com/articles/more-star-wars-battlefront-iii-footage-appears/1100-6423056/

I still don't get what happened to Star Wars Games in like 05 or 06. I went from growing up with Jedi Knight, X-Wing and then later Kotor, Battlefront and Republic Commando to only getting lego games and two mehish Force Unleashed Games.

Lego was a craze that started because it was a fun and family-friendly way of getting kids and adults into playing a Star Wars game that's both easy to make and good for sales.

If I had it my way, though, I would have had a Battlefront 3, a KoTOR 3, another X-wing game, perhaps a Jedi Knight style game set outside of Kyle Katarn, and Republic Commando 2.

ALSO

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q0nFcqWzg10

And I would rank Republic Commando up there with CE. It may have come after, and was similar in style when it came to multiplayer (hell, they both had the same netcode issues on their PC ports) but it was one hell of a game.

Clearly what we need is the Darth Vader Collection.

They should have at least done KOTOR in Lego so we don't live off the 100+ Episode Clone Wars series, or the terrible Prequel Episodes 1-3.

How many events WERE there in the Clone Wars saga? There has to be about a hundred books and TV shows about it.

I believe it was Danger Close. On the topic of the DICE studios, I've heard that DICE Sweden moved to Battlefront 3 full time about half a year ago, while DICE LA (Danger Close) continued to fix/produce DLC for BF4.

So after a bit of research, this is the info I gathered

Danger Close has been merged into DICE LA. DICE LA is working on Battlefield 4 and an unannounced project (Battlefield 5?)

DICE is currently working on Battlefield 4 Expansion Hardline, Battlefront 3, and Mirror's Edge 2. How big is that team?

So after a bit of research, this is the info I gathered

Danger Close has been merged into DICE LA. DICE LA is working on Battlefield 4 and an unannounced project (Battlefield 5?)

DICE is currently working on Battlefield 4 Expansion Hardline, Battlefront 3, and Mirror's Edge 2. How big is that team?

It appears that Visceral Games is doing most of the work for Hardline, so that is a little less work for DICE. I would imagine that given how Battlefront campaigns traditionally take place on MP maps, and how the first Mirrors Edge was a single player game, I can sort of see how they would try to split some of the employees, and I would imagine that most of the development going on now would be for the game that appears to be coming out first(Battlefront)
  • Upvote (+1) 1

I didn't play the game for about 10 days or so. I had a Halo buddy over today and decided to run some split screen MM games. We were both amazed at how fucked up the game is. Each game honestly feels completely different from their console counterpart. Even if they fix MM and add in a CE playlist, the game still feels too foreign to me. Definitely not the halo I remember (1-3).

H3 feels so nice when it actually works though. Playing it on 360 again felt insanely slow.

As much as I love Halo, MCC made me regret buying an Xbox One...

• Upvote (+1) 1

What better way to test my new Elgato 60 than by recording another bug for MCC.

Clearly what we need is the Darth Vader Collection.

Oh my god so much this. I'd actually buy a Limited Edition again (haven't done so since h3) for just Kotor 1 +2, Rep Commando and Battlefront 1 and 2 in HD.

Honestly I always thought that Jedi Academy was a great way to move the series away from Kyle Katarn, but they never made one aftwards so eff that.

It's insane how many games were canceled at Lucasarts, pretty much everything you listed and more.

This post annoyed me even more honestly

but elements of the video game industry and other outside parties looking to make money off this have somehow created this competitive gaming phenomenon.

It'll all burst eventually, of course. Such fads always do. Unless you're in Korea of course

There is no stopping this eSports train

I can't imagine the type of halo that guy wants. Even in halo 4 the good players still out shine the shit ones. He must want some next level shit of dumbing the game down.

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Don't worry, EA is making the new Battlefront, and the guys who made Battlefield 3, and the highly successful Medal of Honor (2010) are developing it. What could go wrong?

Visceral should have picked up 1313. The style was right up their alley.