CyReN

Halo: The Master Chief Collection Discussion

Ok so I have not really checked to be honest.. but am I the only one who CAN'T FIND A MATCH? I have tried since yesterday morning for about 3 hours yesterday and I am on my second hour today and simply cannot find players.

Are you just sitting in a lobby searching for hours? Or are you backing out and going back in after a few minutes and restarting the build? All of which is bullshit you shouldn't have to do to play. But it seems to help people find matches.

Since the game is not working this isn't very important but does somebody recall what they showed about Halo Channel? It was supposed to show everyone's stats and be kind of poor man's specator mode. However it doesn't do any of that and I guess it only shows streams which are streamed via xbox one. Must have been another marketing gimmick like dedicated servers and working ranks etc..

Edit: This is what I'm talking about.

halo-channel.jpg

Lol I totally forgot about this. That's never happening
  • Upvote (+1) 3

If you don't get a game, restart the app. If you still can't get a game, try a different playlist. If you still can't get a game, make a new account and try that.

Remember, ALL playlists match by skill. So sometimes you have to make a new account because the game can't find players at your skill level.

I thought they were all unranked except one playlist?

I started getting game consistently before I went to bed last night.

@"Spectator Mode": I think this was meant to be tournament only, no?

No it dose not exists even for tournaments. I looked for this feature during the online tournament. Not only did it have no such thing but the Halo channel twitch streams did not have any of the pros streams on it. Just another con job. 

No wonder, I really don't blame him.

343 have broke many people's back with this launch, and their up and coming game looks about as Halo as my left nut.

Hint: it looks NOTHING like Halo.

343 are quite dimwitted, we have moaned about Sprint for 4 years, so please let us moan about this pitiful launch so hopefully they understand that this shit is not acceptable. We honestly should just be petitioning for a better dev. If they cannot even handle ports of the original trilogy, then they cannot handle creating their own game. Then again, they have already proved that with Halo 4 LMAO

I'm right there with you on my feelings towards the launch/343i/Microsoft and its completely acceptable given how shitty things have been, but that is not the same thing at all as just repeatedly saying some version of "I'm about ready to give up" everyday. Because of its repetitiveness it's in no way constructive and just feels like whining for the sake of whining.

Also, like many others here have said, if you really want to show 343i that this is unacceptable,  get a refund. Clearly they are not going to listen to us about sprint and by constantly whining about the game but still playing it means they still have a hold over you. You're doing nothing in their eyes to show that it's unacceptable except moaning on a forum which clearly they hardly take into account when developing a Halo game. 

I swear these updates are just a placebo effect. It seems to 'work' once you update but give it a couple of days and you realise the update has done sweet nothing. They also really need to put some ranked playlists up.

Adding more ranked playlists will increase the number of quitters by 10000000% because of the quitout glitch to get rank 50. That glitch absolutely needs to be fixed first.

• Upvote (+1) 1

No it dose not exists even for tournaments. I looked for this feature during the online tournament. Not only did it have no such thing but the Halo channel twitch streams did not have any of the pros streams on it. Just another con job.

To my understanding, the Halo Channel only shows streams from people who stream from the X1 Twitch app, which few pros use, because it doesn't support things like custom overlays. The only reason that I can think of that sounds plausible is that they really wanted to push the filter by game feature.

With tournaments I meant LANs. I'm still getting used  to Online having any sort of relevance at all. I was under the impression that they would (at least for 343 run tourneys) force pros to all stream their POV via their Xbox Ones and then have some sort of commentary over it so we could watch tournaments through the Halo Channel thing.

Why did it take a retired pro now employee at smite to make this video?

I wish Beyond or one of these "professionals" would make some videos

I know you are a bit younger and all, but you should check out Baldurs Gate/Neverwinter/KotOR/Jade Empire. Those are quality RPG's from Bioware. ME1 is still ok, but ME2/3 is just a sad joke compared to the games they used to make. DA1 and Inquisition are the only good Bioware games I have played since Jade Empire came out in 05.

All hail KoTOR.

All hail Obsidian's KoTOR 2 (with the restoration mod).

Also, Mass Effect 2 was a fun game with a terrible plot. I played it through over 30 times on the highest difficulty and had a blast, but its plot (not story) was almost as bad as Halo 4's.

Mass Effect 3 was an okay game with an even more horrible plot and a Gainax ending. The last two hours, literally, did not make any sense at all, all of your choices prior to then were virtually pointless, and all of the endings successfully subverted what it means to successfully end a story.

• Upvote (+1) 1

All hail KoTOR.

All hail Obsidian's KoTOR 2 (with the restoration mod).

Oh my god it's so rare to meet people who view this the same way. Been playing through both on a yearly basis. Has been awesome to see the restoartion mod develop. I almost gave up hope when Team Gizka quit, but damn it's amazing what the people over at deadlystream have been able to do. Especially the Droid Planet Mod is just insane.

I'm guessing you hate SWTOR about as much as I do?

Does anyone else get either 7 or 9 players really quickly, then sit there forever until either one quits out to make it 8 or the game finally finds an 8th person? It's very irritating.

Why did it take a retired pro now employee at smite to make this video?

I wish Beyond or one of these "professionals" would make some videos

they're too busy focusing on that barebones game destiny

Oh my god it's so rare to meet people who view this the same way. Been playing through both on a yearly basis. Has been awesome to see the restoartion mod develop. I almost gave up hope when Team Gizka quit, but damn it's amazing what the people over at deadlystream have been able to do. Especially the Droid Planet Mod is just insane.

I'm guessing you hate SWTOR about as much as I do?

I don't hate SWTOR. I laugh at it. It's so all over the place and ridiculous in its story telling that I've convinced myself that it is a joke and could never possibly be considered canon. And I would have preferred KoTOR 3. I still play it for the raiding and the Star Warsiness, but don't think that I'm of the opinion that the story could ever do the series justice.

If I had to choose what I hated about SWTOR, though, it's definitely the book that preceded it.

Also, I'm trying to get KoTOR 2 to work on my PC. I played TSLRCM 1.8 and thought it was amazing, but I wanted to try it out again when I heard that they were bringing in the Droid Planet. Now this is a game I'm willing to work out the bugs for to play. KIND OF LIKE HALO, HUH

Thought I'd try this game out again after a few weeks, still broken as ever.... I know it's getting boring with the same old post in this thread but this is absolutely ridiculous, the halo community has been getting ripped off for the past few years now.

I don't hate SWTOR. I laugh at it. It's so all over the place and ridiculous in its story telling that I've convinced myself that it is a joke and could never possibly be considered canon. And I would have preferred KoTOR 3. I still play it for the raiding and the Star Warsiness, but don't think that I'm of the opinion that the story could ever do the series justice.

If I had to choose what I hated about SWTOR, though, it's definitely the book that preceded it.

Oh don't remind me. That was the toughest read I ever forced myself to. It's insane how they managed to rape pretty much everything that made Kotor 2 and it's ending awesome. Would have been sick to see a K3 from Obsidian. They have been trying to do it since 2 came out and even after LucasArts decided to go with an MMO they still tried to make a Star Wars RPG. Poor guys.

I miss the days when Star Wars games were 'amazing', and you had more good games than bad games.

KOTOR's 1 & 2 had amazing stories, and would have made better Star Wars prequels.

• Upvote (+1) 6

Oh don't remind me. That was the toughest read I ever forced myself to. It's insane how they managed to rape pretty much everything that made Kotor 2 and it's ending awesome. Would have been sick to see a K3 from Obsidian. They have been trying to do it since 2 came out and even after LucasArts decided to go with an MMO they still tried to make a Star Wars RPG. Poor guys.

I kind of wish that they'd remake the first two as HD remakes. That way, Obsidian could finish what they started with KoTOR 2 on an official basis. I'm not usually into remaking old games, but i'd pay top dollar for shit like that.

I'd give my opinion on Nightfall but I can't even access it. I need to "Buy Halo", which sends me back into the game, then I need to "Watch Nightfall" which sends me back to "Buy Halo".

Thank you, based 343 circular references.

Do you have the Halo Channel installed? I had to install it first then watch from the in-game MCC menu where Halo 5 MP is shown. 

If you don't get a game, restart the app. If you still can't get a game, try a different playlist. If you still can't get a game, make a new account and try that.

Remember, ALL playlists match by skill. So sometimes you have to make a new account because the game can't find players at your skill level.

Lol what next, am I gonna be expected to get a new disc if I can't find games on one?

Maybe I should try searching on CoD and then coming back to Halo too?

Also, the skill thing isn't true for the simple fact that 50s can match sub 20s right now. Don't ask me how this is a thing.

I miss the days when Star Wars games were 'amazing', and you had more good games than bad games.

Don't worry, EA is making the new Battlefront, and the guys who made Battlefield 3, and the highly successful Medal of Honor (2010) are developing it. What could go wrong?

• Upvote (+1) 1

Speaking of Nightfall I'm hoping the Lekgolo terror does not end with just a nuclear warhead. They are the "other parasite" Halo needs to keep interesting lore-wise.

Don't worry, EA is making the new Battlefront, and the guys who made Battlefield 3, and the new and highly successful Medal of Honor (2010) are developing it. What could go wrong?

Don't forget the flawless launch of Battlefield 4!

I kind of wish that they'd remake the first two as HD remakes. That way, Obsidian could finish what they started with KoTOR 2 on an official basis. I'm not usually into remaking old games, but i'd pay top dollar for shit like that.

I totally agree. I actually really enjoyed playing it on Xbox when it first came out, but the lack of 16:9 support and especially mod support made me play it more and more on the PC. I talked about this with a friend the other day, and I honestly don't get why this doesn't happen. If Obsidian were allowed to actually finish their game we could also finally see the Influence System it was supposed to have. EA owns the Star Wars Videogame IP and BioWare and Obsidian has been asking to make a Star Wars game for the past 10 years. The only reason we could come up with were that they might be scared of SWTORs plot holes becoming even more obvious to most people (since I bet a lot of people who play swtor didn't play kotor 2 let alone the restored content).