CyReN

Halo: The Master Chief Collection Discussion

Pretty sure the MCC CE pistol has more spread than in the original game. I tested it out on HeH last night and the amount of spread is crazy.

If I don't find a game within 3-5 minutes, I usually restart my game and that fixes it. Apparently some people don't do anything and legitimately wait 4 hours to find a game. Either they are trolling or have no idea what is going on.

I find games relatively easily now, 1-3 minutes max. I played 10 or so HCS matches with my friend, all 4v4, only one time where it split us up. Game never crashed, connection was good.

Yeah I find it hard too believe when people say it takes them 4 hours too find a game now. I think sometimes theyre just saying it too hate on the game still, which is fine but I don't think the waiting times of mm ain't a problem anymore. Unless I'm just lucky with getting games in like 2 mins now. Every time!

Yeah I find it hard too believe when people say it takes them 4 hours too find a game now. I think sometimes theyre just saying it too hate on the game

Me too.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I reset H2C every 5-10 minutes and still don't get a game. It's still a problem.

Are you sure you don't have your own network issues that's causing it? Like strict NAT or something?

Well to be fair, most games are cross-plattform anyway. So a broken Assassins Creed is the same game on PC and console. The same games that are broken on console are also being sold on Steam so I don't really see the point.

MOBAs in general are just a dumbed down version of RTS anyway as they remove multitasking and makro while emphasizing micro and adding teamplay. My point was just that we sit here bitching about Halo getting worse with every new installment when Riot have created the most dumbed down MOBA of all time.

I know that CSGO revived CS, but I think that is more due to it's features that appeal to casuals and the fact that the pro scene has realized that they have to unite under the newest game in order to be a top eSport again.

@bold part: Now this is where I have a huge problem with your post. I don't think that the constant fine-tuning is a positive thing, it's just a necessity that results from how far games have been dumbed down these days. Starcraft Brood War, the game that created the term eSports, has not received any balance changes in the past 10+ years and yet the metagame keeps constantly changing. Most notably, the Protoss vs Zerg matchup was only truly figured out by Protosses in 2007, like 6 years after the games final balance patch. If your game has enough depth, you can keep playing the same balance forever, you kinda do need new maps in pretty much every genre though. Halo CE is pretty much the same thing, you could play that game for 10+ years at a professional level, and as long as you'd get new maps at some points the game would keep evolving. I'd much rather have a very solid game (regardless of platform) that does not get constant balance changes, then having to deal with what Riot is doing with LoL (though that is an issue that results from having only 1 map and constantly adding new heroes) or what Blizzard has done to Starcraft 2 (not giving players time to figure out answers to problems even though they have proven that it is possible in Brood War).

Regardless of all of that, I never understood why PC vs Console has to be so black and white. As someone who doesn't care about graphics at all, I have always had a somewhat decent PC that at least allows me to play games on Low and a console. I use my console to play exclusives and singleplayer games that I really like (as I just prefer the console experience for those) and I use my PC for PC exclusives and to download games in order to be able to try them out before I choose whether I want to spent 70 Euros on them.

Yeah, you could have took what you had highlighted in bold in a few ways, I apologise for not being clearer.

I don't condone changing the way things work in the game just to change things up as a good idea, which is why I think Halo in general has went down the toilet.

PC devs just seem to be more willing to accept that some changes may not benefit the game, and can be changed if so. 343 sit here like "HA we will never accept that Sprint is bad! Too bad Halo players!"

I believe RTS and MOBAS can co exist, and each promote different types of skills. 

It all depends on the variables in the game. In NO WAY OR SHAPE would I condone random change in the meta, like the pistol in CE getting a range nerf, all because Bungie was like "I was playing with Steve and he kept bitching about me destroying him off spawn, this should help that problem drastically", changes should only be implemented if it would improve the game and helps improve the mechanic said thing was designed for, and if the community approves. Another thing 343 don't seem to get...

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Such a well thought out, constructive response. They should definitely start changing up the playlists when all the current ones are working so flawlessly at the moment.

Sorry for that response but im almost run out of patience. I want a HCE playlist now, i dont wanna wait for more "fixes". Matchmaking has improved so far and we are waiting for almost a month now for crying out loud.

How difficult is it to just give HCE a seperate playlist. Like others said its a slap in our face how the HCE players get treated. We are tired of waiting. GIVE US A HCE PLAYLIST OR RIOT!

I reset H2C every 5-10 minutes and still don't get a game. It's still a problem.

If AU stands for Australia which I'm assuming it does, I think your problem lies there. I have seen lots of posts from Australians about being unable to find many games, I think this is due to Dedicated Servers not existing currently.

I heard if you join someone from USA or probably even Europe and search with them you can find games. I would try that route...

Got on last night for the first time in over a week probably.   Searched Team Slayer about 5 times for 20 minutes and said fuck it.   So pathetic and infuriating.  Just pissses me off.

• Upvote (+1) 1

bitch you dont question the best snd player in the world

Kappa

haha like I said I don't really follow the COD scene except maybe the finals of tournaments or to watch Formal a little bit. 

Yeah, you could have took what you had highlighted in bold in a few ways, I apologise for not being clearer.

I don't condone changing the way things work in the game just to change things up as a good idea, which is why I think Halo in general has went down the toilet.

PC devs just seem to be more willing to accept that some changes may not benefit the game, and can be changed if so. 343 sit here like "HA we will never accept that Sprint is bad! Too bad Halo players!"

I believe RTS and MOBAS can co exist, and each promote different types of skills. 

It all depends on the variables in the game. In NO WAY OR SHAPE would I condone random change in the meta, like the pistol in CE getting a range nerf, all because Bungie was like "I was playing with Steve and he kept bitching about me destroying him off spawn, this should help that problem drastically", changes should only be implemented if it would improve the game and helps improve the mechanic said thing was designed for, and if the community approves. Another thing 343 don't seem to get...

Oh I totally agree with what you said there, I guess I misinterpreted what you said earlier. However, it is a fact that you can select more than 12 units at once in SC2 is dumbing the game down (just to give an example). I do agree with you that PC devs are generally better at listening to their community and Progaming is way more accepted in PC communities, I'd just like to note that PC devs dumb their games down too.

Obviously any genre can co-exist, I was just trying to make an example by stating how hard Riot dumbed down LoL.

I also totally agree that 343 has a huge issue with being in touch with their community. Generally, Riot/Valve/Blizzard at least try to listen to their fans and implement changes that the majority of the community wants, while 343 seems to be interested in catering to every possible target audience except for Halo fans.

However, as I stated before, I don't think this has much to do with Console vs PC but rather with individual devs themselves. Though, thefact that console still resolves around 60 dollar 1 time purchase into DLC games, while f2p and microtransactions for non-gameplay related stuff has taken over on the PC side also doesn't help console much. I think it's way more likely for devs to cater to their community when the game's lifespan is not artificially limited by the release of the next game and when most of the profit is being made throughout the game's lifespan rather than within the first couple weeks.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I think it's concerning that many of these issues get improved and not fixed. Typically that means it's not a very straightforward bug...

I think their wording is largely because they have realized that it's gonna take a while to fix these issues for all users. For whatever reason, everyone's MCC seems to have it's own set of bugs. For example, mine only gets H3 past the loading screen like 5% of the time.

They just don't want people to get upset when they think that they have fixed a bug (and internal testing shows they did) and yet some users still have issues.

I would imagine that they knew about most of these bugs (especially the game crashing once) before release. However, I highly doubt that they expected Matchmaking to just flat out not work at all. And I could actually see that it worked when they tested it within their own office.

MCC is gonna take a while to get 100% fixed and we will never download that magic patch that will fix everything for everyone, it's just way too much of a Frankenstein game for that. But it'll get better with every patch (like it already has) and eventually everything is gonna be fine.

• Upvote (+1) 1

We don't even know whether 343 honestly wants to make a Sprint + ADS game or if it's simply Microsoft being upset about Halo no longer being the clear Number 1 on the XBL charts (h3 was only able to retain that spot for about a year if I recall correctly).

I've seen statements like this a lot and I don't think they hold merit. Before Halo 4 and right now before Halo 5, we are seeing evidence that 343 is making the game they want. They are not only defending their decisions, but they are excited about it. Because of EA and Ubisoft, too many think publishers are these evil guys that wipe their assess with one hundred dollar bills. Most of the time, that is not the case. The publisher holds a lot of respect for the developer since the publisher is well aware that the developer knows more about the game than they do.

I'm not saying Microsoft is not at fault, but are they ordering 343 to do everything they want? There has been zero evidence of that. It's just a thing people say. What there is evidence of is incompetence of the team Microsoft decided to put trust in.

They are both at fault, but to say that Microsoft is forcing 343 to make these decisions is silly and a chance for 343 to wrongfully save face. I am confident that Microsoft is starting to see that they put their trust in the wrong people and that will become obvious soon after the Halo 5 launch if no drastic changes to the game are made.

• Upvote (+1) 7

I've seen statements like this a lot and I don't think they hold merit. Before Halo 4 and right now before Halo 5, we are seeing evidence that 343 is making the game they want. They are not only defending their decisions, but they are excited about it. Because of EA and Ubisoft, too many think publishers are these evil guys that wipe their assess with one hundred dollar bills. Most of the time, that is not the case. The publisher holds a lot of respect for the developer since the publisher is well aware that the developer knows more about the game than they do.

I'm not saying Microsoft is not at fault. They did choose the developer and put trust in them and the people who they put trust in does make them at fault. But are they ordering 343 to do everything they want? There has been zero evidence of that. It's just a thing people say. What there is evidence of is incompetence of the team Microsoft decided to put trust in.

They are both at fault, but to say that Microsoft is forcing 343 to make these decisions is silly and a chance for 343 to wrongfully save face. I am confident that Microsoft is starting to see that they put their trust in the wrong people and that we will start to see that soon after the Halo 5 launch if no drastic changes to the game are made.

I agree with you and I'm not saying that I think that Microsoft went to 343 and said: Make it like CoD or else. For example, H2 launching when it did was more Bungie's fault for forcing that release day than Microsoft forcing them to push the game out (after all they already allowed them to push it back a year or so).

I just think that there is the possibility that Microsoft took a look at the XBL Leaderboards (which h2 dominated until h3 came out) and went like: Why the fuck is a 3rd party game on top and not any of our 1st party titles (especially Halo). They probably didn't go to 343 and told them to use sprint, I overdid it there for sure, but I could see them telling them: This next one better dominates the popularity leaderboards again you guys. And devs being what they are nowadays figured that to get Players back from competitiors they'd have to make their game more like the competitor's game.

I agree that both MS and 343 are at fault for sure, though. One for hiring people without telling them for what game and the other for constantly ignoring what their existing fanbase wants.

Let's just hope that you are correct and that, given that h5 turns out the way most of us seem to believe, MS will make personnel changes.

@swarmerr: I totally agree with everything you said. Sadly, back then there was no real alternative to 60 dollar game into another 60 dollar game. Just like Shadowrun (imagine that as a f2p game with tons of skins today) was way ahead of it's time, the same goes for CE.

They probably didn't go to 343 and told them to use sprint, I overdid it there for sure, but I could see them telling them: This next one better dominates the popularity leaderboards again you guys.

Is that wrong? What else would Microsoft say? They trusted 343 to bring back their series from (at the time) a small misstep in the series that was Reach.

I And devs being what they are nowadays figured that to get Players back from competitors they'd have to make their game more like the competitor's game.

Now that's whats wrong. 343 going in the wrong direction not once, but twice. It was 343's fault for being 343 and it was Microsoft's fault for putting trust in them.

At this point, the only hope is that Microsoft comes to their sense, because it sure in hell isn't going to be 343.

Ok so I have not really checked to be honest.. but am I the only one who CAN'T FIND A MATCH? I have tried since yesterday morning for about 3 hours yesterday and I am on my second hour today and simply cannot find players.

At this point, the only hope is that Microsoft comes to their sense, because it sure in hell isn't going to be 343.

I doubt 343 will ever make a good game. There is just no way after H4 that they will. NO WAY.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Is that wrong? What else would Microsoft say? They trusted 343 to bring back their series from (at the time) a small misstep in the series that was Reach.

Now that's whats wrong. 343 going in the wrong direction not once, but twice. It was 343's fault for being 343 and it was Microsoft's fault for putting trust in them.

There is nothing wrong with that and I agree that 343 fucked up hard. And I also share your hope for MS to do some "restructuring" over at 343 (they probably won't close the hole thing, not much of a point to close a company you created for Halo only to found another).

I was just arguing that, while 343 is certainly to blame, I can at least kinda understand that they had to perform under a lot of pressure. What is not understandable though, is that after failing once they try to go the same route again.

I do still have some small faith left in 343. If Bioware can make DA Inquisition after DA2 and ME2/3, 343 can make a decent Halo game. I just think that they have no desire to make what Halo fans want, which is just sad.

There is nothing wrong with that and I agree that 343 fucked up hard. And I also share your hope for MS to do some "restructuring" over at 343 (they probably won't close the hole thing, not much of a point to close a company you created for Halo only to found another).

I was just arguing that, while 343 is certainly to blame, I can at least kinda understand that they had to perform under a lot of pressure. What is not understandable though, is that after failing once they try to go the same route again.

I do still have some small faith left in 343. If Bioware can make DA Inquisition after DA2 and ME2/3, 343 can make a decent Halo game. I just think that they have no desire to make what Halo fans want, which is just sad.

Wait, Mass Effect 2/3 was bad??? I thought they were amazing... DA2 was fuckin awful though lol

Wait, Mass Effect 2/3 was bad??? I thought they were amazing... DA2 was fuckin awful though lol

I know you are a bit younger and all, but you should check out Baldurs Gate/Neverwinter/KotOR/Jade Empire. Those are quality RPG's from Bioware. ME1 is still ok, but ME2/3 is just a sad joke compared to the games they used to make. DA1 and Inquisition are the only good Bioware games I have played since Jade Empire came out in 05.

• Upvote (+1) 3

I just think that they have no desire to make what Halo fans want, which is just sad.

This is why I have little faith that we'll get a great Halo game from 343. Unless they go through large employment and position changes, then nothing is going to change. The people in charge are not budging in what they believe Halo should be.

If Halo 5 fails critically again, then 343 will have too much of a negative perception. It would make more sense to start a new studio then try to revive one that has never made a great game.

Since the game is not working this isn't very important but does somebody recall what they showed about Halo Channel? It was supposed to show everyone's stats and be kind of poor man's specator mode. However it doesn't do any of that and I guess it only shows streams which are streamed via xbox one. Must have been another marketing gimmick like dedicated servers and working ranks etc..

Edit: This is what I'm talking about.

halo-channel.jpg

• Upvote (+1) 2