CyReN

Halo: The Master Chief Collection Discussion

On another note I really want some playlist updates. Would love a H1 playlist, some forge maps in the h2a playlists, team snipers, ranks and etc.

On another note I really want some playlist updates. Would love a H1 playlist, some forge maps in the h2a playlists, team snipers, ranks and etc.

I would prefer they just got the current ones working first.

I swear these updates are just a placebo effect. It seems to 'work' once you update but give it a couple of days and you realise the update has done sweet nothing. They also really need to put some ranked playlists up.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I was all pumped because I finally got an even match on a map I wanted to play. Game starts up, I grab camo & rockets, looking for someone to kill. Check the scoreboard and realize I'm in the game by myself. -_______-

There is no patch big enough.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Nightfall in a nutshell:

"Hey look, we're bringing this new character out of nowhere and we just wanna spend millions on showing you how cool he is! He's almost like the Master Chief, talks a bit more, is good-hearted, cares about people and also gets out of impossible situations just like him!"

"Oh and Hunter worms might be enemies in the next game."

The rest was just filler and questionable CGI. Don't get me wrong, I still watched most of it, and the props were cool... but the plot was so average and predictable.

I'd give my opinion on Nightfall but I can't even access it. I need to "Buy Halo", which sends me back into the game, then I need to "Watch Nightfall" which sends me back to "Buy Halo".

Thank you, based 343 circular references.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Games nowadays are just getting way too big and ambitious for their own good. Battlefield 4, GTA:O, Destiny, and MCC were all extremely ambitious games. All had rough launches. It's no surprise a less ambitious game like CoD: AW had a much smoother launch.

Expect this trend to worsen.

Games might be more ambitious but that is a good thing. The thing that makes the games being broken are the publishers that gives the developers not enough time to finish their games. So many games would be so much better when given 2/3 months more time.

Had a spare 30 mins so I decided to load up MCC because I hate life.

1st game - H2C no game found in 10 min.

2nd game - H3 Construct BRs: game doesn't load

3rd game - H3 Pit BRs: game lags out.

4th game - H3 trying find game: finds 4 players and crashes.

5th game - H3 Assembly BRs: game doesn't load.

Gave up. It's just not my night. :(

• Upvote (+1) 2

I swear these updates are just a placebo effect. It seems to 'work' once you update but give it a couple of days and you realise the update has done sweet nothing. They also really need to put some ranked playlists up.

I'm just confused on how some people are still having so many issues when myself and the 8-10 personal friends I play with have had very few issues since the last update. Playing together and joining parties hasn't been an issue at all, then the last 3 nights been playing as a group of 4 for about 3-5 hours a night with 90% 4v4's and only maybe one game crash a night. Doesn't make sense for it to be so much better for myself and some others.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Whens the next scheduled update due? I am honestly running out of space on my Xbox for all these patches.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Game is working pretty damn well for me lately. I've been playing HCS exclusively and finding balanced games relatively quickly. Still a little difficult when searching with a friend, and game chat audio just randomly fucks up sometimes, but overall it's worlds better than launch window. I have noticed however that they said they took hit markers out for grenades in HCS, and Ace tweeted that they took them out, yet sometimes they still show up when I nade someone. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

I didn't get a game for the first 4-5 hours, then I got my first one about an hour and a half ago. I just got a TS game though, seems to be getting better.

If you don't get a game, restart the app. If you still can't get a game, try a different playlist. If you still can't get a game, make a new account and try that.

Remember, ALL playlists match by skill. So sometimes you have to make a new account because the game can't find players at your skill level.

I feel like you as well as others say this literally everyday lol

No wonder, I really don't blame him.

343 have broke many people's back with this launch, and their up and coming game looks about as Halo as my left nut.

Hint: it looks NOTHING like Halo.

343 are quite dimwitted, we have moaned about Sprint for 4 years, so please let us moan about this pitiful launch so hopefully they understand that this shit is not acceptable. We honestly should just be petitioning for a better dev. If they cannot even handle ports of the original trilogy, then they cannot handle creating their own game. Then again, they have already proved that with Halo 4 LMAO

• Upvote (+1) 9
  • Downvote (-1) 1

If I don't find a game within 3-5 minutes, I usually restart my game and that fixes it. Apparently some people don't do anything and legitimately wait 4 hours to find a game. Either they are trolling or have no idea what is going on.

I find games relatively easily now, 1-3 minutes max. I played 10 or so HCS matches with my friend, all 4v4, only one time where it split us up. Game never crashed, connection was good.

• Upvote (+1) 4

No wonder, I really don't blame him.

343 have broke many people's back with this launch, and their up and coming game looks about as Halo as my left nut.

Hint: it looks NOTHING like Halo.

343 are quite dimwitted, we have moaned about Sprint for 4 years, so please let us moan about this pitiful launch so hopefully they understand that this shit is not acceptable. We honestly should just be petitioning for a better dev. If they cannot even handle ports of the original trilogy, then they cannot handle creating their own game. Then again, they have already proved that with Halo 4 LMAO

I'm not even denying that H4 is garbage and H5 doesn't look much better, but you honestly shouldn't be so harsh about people's jobs. 343 did not port any game themselves and I'm fairly sure that the people actually in charge of making the game have nothing to do with the release date. We don't even know whether 343 honestly wants to make a Sprint + ADS game or if it's simply Microsoft being upset about Halo no longer being the clear Number 1 on the XBL charts (h3 was only able to retain that spot for about a year if I recall correctly). I personally don't have much hope for h5 either, but I don't think that trying to close a studio with hundreds of employees is the correct way to go about things. Looking at Destiny, I don't think we'd be much better off if they were still in charge of Halo. I know you like to praise Riot/Valve a lot, but the former would have turned Halo into something far more dumbed down than Halo 4 (hint: LoL is by far the most dumbed down MOBA ever created and it's literally made so your grandma could play it) and the latter would have probably given us a lesser Halo 3 with really amazing features (CSGO is garbage compared to 1.6 from a gameplay point of view). Game development is becoming worse by the year, and between releasing broken games and dumbing them down, I don't have much hope either way. 343 is part of a larger issue, not the devil that is trying to kill halo.

If I don't find a game within 3-5 minutes, I usually restart my game and that fixes it. Apparently some people don't do anything and legitimately wait 4 hours to find a game. Either they are trolling or have no idea what is going on.

I find games relatively easily now, 1-3 minutes max. I played 10 or so HCS matches with my friend, all 4v4, only one time where it split us up. Game never crashed, connection was good.

Pretty much this. Ever since they announced that you should reque if you don't find anything in a couple of minutes I have been doing that + restarting my MCC has been a thing since release week simply because it used to be the only way to party up with friends. I don't get how people just let their MCC que for hours and hours when it has become quiet apparent that you either find something fairly quickly or you don't at all.

I'm not even denying that H4 is garbage and H5 doesn't look much better, but you honestly shouldn't be so harsh about people's jobs. 343 did not port any game themselves and I'm fairly sure that the people actually in charge of making the game have nothing to do with the release date. We don't even know whether 343 honestly wants to make a Sprint + ADS game or if it's simply Microsoft being upset about Halo no longer being the clear Number 1 on the XBL charts (h3 was only able to retain that spot for about a year if I recall correctly). I personally don't have much hope for h5 either, but I don't think that trying to close a studio with hundreds of employees is the correct way to go about things. Looking at Destiny, I don't think we'd be much better off if they were still in charge of Halo. I know you like to praise Riot/Valve a lot, but the former would have turned Halo into something far more dumbed down than Halo 4 (hint: LoL is by far the most dumbed down MOBA ever created and it's literally made so your grandma could play it) and the latter would have probably given us a lesser Halo 3 with really amazing features (CSGO is garbage compared to 1.6 from a gameplay point of view). Game development is becoming worse by the year, and between releasing broken games and dumbing them down, I don't have much hope either way. 343 is part of a larger issue, not the devil that is trying to kill halo.

I would say this issue only applies to console gaming as a whole. PC Gaming is a whole different can of worms.

I don't really know much about MOBAS, but they seem pretty easy to understand. Just all the fancy pictures and stats scare people off.

Valve nearly did kill CS in general, but they literally reinvigorated the franchise with CS GO. 

The main benefit that PC Gaming has is more evolving meta, as the developers are constantly finetuning the games.

I would totally agree with you if you had said that Steam is currently suffering from unfinished games being sold on their store, or that early access scams are happening across crowd funding sites though.

Gtfo

Such a well thought out, constructive response. They should definitely start changing up the playlists when all the current ones are working so flawlessly at the moment.

• Upvote (+1) 2

I would say this issue only applies to console gaming as a whole. PC Gaming is a whole different can of worms.

I don't really know much about MOBAS, but they seem pretty easy to understand. Just all the fancy pictures and stats scare people off.

Valve nearly did kill CS in general, but they literally reinvigorated the franchise with CS GO. 

The main benefit that PC Gaming has is more evolving meta, as the developers are constantly finetuning the games.

I would totally agree with you if you had said that Steam is currently suffering from unfinished games being sold on their store, or that early access scams are happening across crowd funding sites though.

Well to be fair, most games are cross-plattform anyway. So a broken Assassins Creed is the same game on PC and console. The same games that are broken on console are also being sold on Steam so I don't really see the point.

MOBAs in general are just a dumbed down version of RTS anyway as they remove multitasking and makro while emphasizing micro and adding teamplay. My point was just that we sit here bitching about Halo getting worse with every new installment when Riot have created the most dumbed down MOBA of all time.

I know that CSGO revived CS, but I think that is more due to it's features that appeal to casuals and the fact that the pro scene has realized that they have to unite under the newest game in order to be a top eSport again.

@bold part: Now this is where I have a huge problem with your post. I don't think that the constant fine-tuning is a positive thing, it's just a necessity that results from how far games have been dumbed down these days. Starcraft Brood War, the game that created the term eSports, has not received any balance changes in the past 10+ years and yet the metagame keeps constantly changing. Most notably, the Protoss vs Zerg matchup was only truly figured out by Protosses in 2007, like 6 years after the games final balance patch. If your game has enough depth, you can keep playing the same balance forever, you kinda do need new maps in pretty much every genre though. Halo CE is pretty much the same thing, you could play that game for 10+ years at a professional level, and as long as you'd get new maps at some points the game would keep evolving. I'd much rather have a very solid game (regardless of platform) that does not get constant balance changes, then having to deal with what Riot is doing with LoL (though that is an issue that results from having only 1 map and constantly adding new heroes) or what Blizzard has done to Starcraft 2 (not giving players time to figure out answers to problems even though they have proven that it is possible in Brood War).

Regardless of all of that, I never understood why PC vs Console has to be so black and white. As someone who doesn't care about graphics at all, I have always had a somewhat decent PC that at least allows me to play games on Low and a console. I use my console to play exclusives and singleplayer games that I really like (as I just prefer the console experience for those) and I use my PC for PC exclusives and to download games in order to be able to try them out before I choose whether I want to spent 70 Euros on them.

• Upvote (+1) 1