CyReN

Halo: The Master Chief Collection Discussion

Ironically the problems are due to the game being a console port or flat out unfinished.

A game that was made for and only for the PC always runs great with very few problems. 

Very true.

I refuse to buy from ubisoft, EA needs to regain my trust again. 

Though a good optimized games will give you the cleanest experiences :)

I just played like 10 straight matches with a friend in HCS and only got split up once, all even teams, all 4v4

I can't even get to play with my brother. He can't join, or I can't join. *sigh*

I can't even get to play with my brother. He can't join, or I can't join. *sigh*

That's weird. Have you tried joining via the in game roster, via a game invite, or from the xbox friends list? Also, check to see if one of your Nats is moderate or strict.

That's weird. Have you tried joining via the in game roster, via a game invite, or from the xbox friends list? Also, check to see if one of your Nats is moderate or strict.

All of them, both of our internet speed is 50mbps down, 10 up, Open Nat. We also closed the game a couple of times.

You literally cannot tell when you hit someone with the pistol.

So, it's broken.

But apparently I was the only person in the room who understood leading your shots.

Believe it or not, that's what the hit-ping was for.

All of them, both of our internet speed is 50mbps down, 10 up, Open Nat. We also closed the game a couple of times.

I can rarely join games without getting an invite first. Tried that after resetting both games?

You literally cannot tell when you hit someone with the pistol.

So, it's broken.

But apparently I was the only person in the room who understood leading your shots.

Believe it or not, that's what the hit-ping was for.

I really don't understand why they removed the audible hit sounds.  I was playing well on CE when they were there.  Like you said, I literally can't tell if my shots are connecting now.  The visual indicators seem really unreliable, so I have no idea if I'm leading the correct amount or not.  It was tough enough even with the beeping, since the amount of lead required seemed extremely inconsistent from one encounter to the next, but It's much worse without them.  It's still damn fun, but I really wish they'd add the beeping back in.

Found another glitch, if you unplug your controller while it's charging it'll boot you from the game

• Upvote (+1) 1

Played a Chill Out 4v4, man H1 is so awesome. I barely even know what I'm doing and the netcode makes shooting different in every game yet it's still so much fun.

I really don't understand why they removed the audible hit sounds.  I was playing well on CE when they were there.  Like you said, I literally can't tell if my shots are connecting now.  The visual indicators seem really unreliable, so I have no idea if I'm leading the correct amount or not.  It was tough enough even with the beeping, since the amount of lead required seemed extremely inconsistent from one encounter to the next, but It's much worse without them.  It's still damn fun, but I really wish they'd add the beeping back in.

well on the original halo 1, there is no need for audio hitmarkers because you don't get shield flares unless you actually hit them. 

however they should add them back in except don't put them on grenades. Then take them back out if mcc ever works properly

• Upvote (+1) 3

Was finding BTB games at an acceptable rate for a little bit, then I got randomly booted out of one and couldn't find games in any other playlist from that point on. Blow me, game.

Does Halo 4 usually win the vote in BTB? 3 of the 5 games I played were H4.

Hell no, that beeping was the most annoying shit I've ever experienced in this game.

Was finding BTB games at an acceptable rate for a little bit, then I got randomly booted out of one and couldn't find games in any other playlist from that point on. Blow me, game.

Does Halo 4 usually win the vote in BTB? 3 of the 5 games I played were H4.

MCC has plenty of Halo 4 kids so yes

This game is fucked up.  GTA Online is fucked up.. even though they had a freaking year since release...IMO console gaming is dead. Developers are just putting out rubbish knowing people are going to buy their shit anyway.  What a sad state the industry is in.  Time to rejoin the PC Master Race...

As someone who has a top of the line PC, I can assure you, PC games have their fair share of problems. 

Games nowadays are just getting way too big and ambitious for their own good. Battlefield 4, GTA:O, Destiny, and MCC were all extremely ambitious games. All had rough launches. It's no surprise a less ambitious game like CoD: AW had a much smoother launch.

Expect this trend to worsen.

Games nowadays are just getting way too big and ambitious for their own good. Battlefield 4, GTA:O, Destiny, and MCC were all extremely ambitious games. All had rough launches.

I don't think Destiny had a rough launch, but it sure does have a rough existence if you get what I'm sayin'... (game sucks ass)

:kappa:

What playlists work the best to get more games? Or is it random?

I've only managed to get 3 games in H2A Rumble in the last 7 hours.

Halo Nightfall was a disappointment.

What's the point of having a digital series if it's not leading to something important or at least interesting? I might sound dumb, but I'm pretty sure almost no-one in the entire community, not even Followerbelievers, care that a bunch of people blew up a nuke in a small piece of a Halo because there's an 'element' that kills human. Without leading to anything else that is important? 'New element that kills human? K, let's go to this piece of Halo, nuke a random place, get everyone killed, the end'

Would have been better if someone from ONI was like: 'Yo, Locke, I heard you like locking random threads, wanna lock this new massive menace against humanity and also go and hunt The Spartan 117? No worries hommie, I'll give ya super powahs.' What? Will there be a freaking comic for us to understand how that maggot, that led his entire team to death, became a Spartan? Wow, thanks EA. /s

This collection came with a bunch of disappointment, and looks like Halo 5 won't help.

Nightfall in a nutshell:

"Hey look, we're bringing this new character out of nowhere and we just wanna spend millions on showing you how cool he is! He's almost like the Master Chief, talks a bit more, is good-hearted, cares about people and also gets out of impossible situations just like him!"

"Oh and Hunter worms might be enemies in the next game."

The rest was just filler and questionable CGI. Don't get me wrong, I still watched most of it, and the props were cool... but the plot was so average and predictable.

Hell no, that beeping was the most annoying shit I've ever experienced in this game.

I get that, but to me it's much more annoying to have my shots appear as if they're connecting when they're not, and vice versa.  I'll gladly put up with the beeping if it means I get reliable evidence that my shots are either hitting or missing.  In a perfect world we'd have the option to turn them on or off.  Wishful thinking...

What playlists work the best to get more games? Or is it random?

I've only managed to get 3 games in H2A Rumble in the last 7 hours.

Really? This almost seems like BS.

anyway I play TS and find a game in 2-5 mins.

Really? This almost seems like BS.

anyway I play TS and find a game in 2-5 mins.

I didn't get a game for the first 4-5 hours, then I got my first one about an hour and a half ago. I just got a TS game though, seems to be getting better.