CyReN

Halo: The Master Chief Collection Discussion

You just explained this obviously, but explain plz?

like I have one gold account linked, which is my main one for the last decade, but I have some real life friends I would want to play ranked Halo with down the road. My only issue is that they're terrible and I wouldn't want to play matchmaking with them not because of my rank, but because my rank would cause them to play against people they can't really carry their weight against..

where do I go?

Make a new account on your Xbone and play on that. It will be given gold through your main account.

xboxdvr.com/Saustin/67419f86-87a7-4859-b9ca-6f7c1ce9f8c1

This is my experience when playing H2A.

Halo 3 is the only game that runs smoothly in this entire collection.

Looks like lag spikes; what's your connection like?

Do you have other people in your household hopping online and using decently internet-intensive applications like netflix?

If you have a below average ADSL connection then this is probably normal. It seems like H2A uses more bandwidth to function smoothly than all the other Halos.

Looks like lag spikes; what's your connection like?

Do you have other people in your household hopping online and using decently internet-intensive applications like netflix?

If you have a below average ADSL connection then this is probably normal. It seems like H2A uses more bandwidth to function smoothly than all the other Halos.

3972079208.png

It's not the greatest connection, but I've never had issues with any other games PC, Xbox or otherwise.

Also I've only been getting these spikes since the last patch.

Make a new account on your Xbone and play on that. It will be given gold through your main account.

Just be sure that you have "share XBL gold on this console" enabled on your main acc.

We'll at least 3 updates from the 15th to the 24th.

I'm thinking the same.

Onslaught and Pit? You might as well do them both. I wasn't a huge fan of Onslaught but I'm curious to see how it would work in H2A being that the BR has so much more range. I feel like it's gonna break the map..

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

3972079208.png

It's not the greatest connection, but I've never had issues with any other games PC, Xbox or otherwise.

Also I've only been getting these spikes since the last patch.

That should be good enough to play online without lag, even with H2A, and even with someone else using the internet.

It's probably more down to the fact that 343 have seemingly switched off dedicated servers for now, and are terrible at choosing host. As H2A needs more bandwidth to run smoothly, if the game picks a person with bad internet for host it's going to be even more noticeable now.

If you read the patch notes it has said "Adressed" instead of fixed. They dont wanna tell us anything had been 100% fixed because i dont think they can fix it. It seems that this game will be forever broken :/

If you read the patch notes it has said "Adressed" instead of fixed. They dont wanna tell us anything had been 100% fixed because i dont think they can fix it. It seems that this game will be forever broken :/

So this game comes out and is more broken than any beta I have ever played (and I have been playing betas since the CS Source beta way back) and it has actually improved a lot since launch and now you claim that it'll be forever broken? They use improved and other words because they used a lot of "fixed: in the first patch notes and people were really upset about that wording.

I understand that we have all gotten used to bitching about Halo since H3/Reach and that MCC was huge hype into awful launch, but this circle jerk of "it'll never be fixed" won't do anyone any good and is just being negative for the sake of being negative.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Its not a "this will never be fixed circlejerk". I honestly dont see this game ever being what we expected. Maybe I had my hopes too high.

Its not a "this will never be fixed circlejerk". I honestly dont see this game ever being what we expected. Maybe I had my hopes too high.

I agree. I really don't think this game will ever work as it should.

I wonder what the daily player counts are looking like.

We won't see a CE playlist until sometime this spring at the earliest.

Probably true, and it's VERY disappointing. They keep saying it will be released once matchmaking is fixed... well that answer just isn't good enough. CE is the one game of the group that hasn't been on XBL before and they are completely disrespecting its fan base by not releasing its own playlist now. 

• Upvote (+1) 2

Probably true, and it's VERY disappointing. They keep saying it will be released once matchmaking is fixed... well that answer just isn't good enough. CE is the one game of the group that hasn't been on XBL before and they are completely disrespecting its fan base by not releasing its own playlist now. 

They never said it would be coming when matchmaking was fixed - they said just before launch that they knew the netcode wasn't up to par and won't be giving it a dedicated playlist until it is.