CyReN

Halo: The Master Chief Collection Discussion

I don't mind getting H3 every now and then as long as it's BR starts. When people are voting AR start H3 I rage a little, same thing goes for SMG starts in H2 though.

I don't mind getting H3 every now and then as long as it's BR starts. When people are voting AR start H3 I rage a little, same thing goes for SMG starts in H2 though.

Out of the 6 H3 games I got only one was BR starts.

And that's only because it was the one BTB game I got.

Sorry for being a bit off-topic, but the technology forum doesn't get that many views, or nearly not as much as this.  

So I went out and bought A40s on Cyber Monday since I previously had A30s. I bought them from this link:

http://www.amazon.co...0?ie=UTF8&psc=1

It says the ones I bought are "black" but I opened them today and they're "gray".  The color is nice, but the ones I was expecting were black.  However, when I look at Astro's website, it looks like their "black" is actually this gray color unless you're getting A50s.

I know I've seen solid black A40s before from tournament streaming but I'm not sure if that's an older model, or if I have an older model of the headset. 

A lot of people (myself included) like Halo 3. If it's between Halo 2 and Halo 3 I'm likely to vote H3. Just because you don't like something doesn't make it bad.

Then why wouldn't you just go to the Halo 3 playlist? I don't understand this mentality at all. 

• Upvote (+1) 6

Sorry for being a bit off-topic, but the technology forum doesn't get that many views, or nearly not as much as this.

So I went out and bought A40s on Cyber Monday since I previously had A30s. I bought them from this link:

http://www.amazon.co...0?ie=UTF8&psc=1

It says the ones I bought are "black" but I opened them today and they're "gray". The color is nice, but the ones I was expecting were black. However, when I look at Astro's website, it looks like their "black" is actually this gray color unless you're getting A50s.

I know I've seen solid black A40s before from tournament streaming but I'm not sure if that's an older model, or if I have an older model of the headset.

The new A40s (at least on their website) doesn't have a traditional "black" color option, only a dark grey option, which might be why yours are that color.

• Upvote (+1) 1

A lot of people (myself included) like Halo 3. If it's between Halo 2 and Halo 3 I'm likely to vote H3. Just because you don't like something doesn't make it bad.

It's not bad cause we don't like it.  It's bad because it's bad.

/logic

Then why wouldn't you just go to the Halo 3 playlist? I don't understand this mentality at all. 

Because I said likely. I play TS for variety, and I play BTB for, well... BTB. I don't have a H3 BTB playlist.

It's fun until the Library and Two Betrayals.

Library there's just no cheesing. You have to clear everything out, hope you don't accidentally set off a grenade chain reaction which will inevitably kill you because the splash damage is ridiculously lethal. Or any encounter with Flood using rockets. There's no surviving if they manage to shoot.

Two Betrayals is just straight up stupid. The beginning of the mission, you spawn with just a shotgun and two stickies against 4 sentinels in an open area... I just hope you're good with stickies.

Once you beat that part, the rest of the mission is just ridiculous RNG. You have to deal with Wraiths shooting anywhere (not) near you and killing you in a single blast. You have to get in banshees I think twice with enemies around at different occasions during the mission, and I'm telling you right now, I never died so much. Even my first blind run of the raid in Destiny wasn't that bad.

And there's also a son of a bitch gold Elite with a sword at some point on the double bridge... no way to cheese him whatsoever. You skip him, enemies don't spawn ahead and the doors don't open. I didn't have ammo or grenades left for that part, had to get some top tier backsmack on him.

Overall it was challenging, fun, satisfying, but also far too frustrating.

Yeah, that about sums up our experience so far. My buddy and I just beat AotCR. I don't even want to think about the Library and Two Betrayals right now, we are taking it one checkpoint at a time haha.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Because I said likely. I play TS for variety, and I play BTB for, well... BTB. I don't have a H3 BTB playlist.

Do you honestly not even care which game you play? Don't you like some consistency in the mechanics and feel of a game? But fine, lets say you objectively don't care which game you play; you should still just choose either Halo 2 or Halo 3 (since you don't care) so you don't ruin the TS playlist for CE players. I don't mean to sound like an ass, but CE players don't have anywhere else to go right now, so it's frustrating to see people voting Halo 3 or Halo 2 in the TS playlist when they can play those games anytime they want. 

• Upvote (+1) 5

Damn. I wonder if it's just a connection thing or an actual bug.

Connection. I've been experiencing it in Halo since forever.

Do you honestly not even care which game you play? Don't you like some consistency in the mechanics and feel of a game? But fine, lets say you objectively don't care which game you play; you should still just choose either Halo 2 or Halo 3 (since you don't care) so you don't ruin the TS playlist for CE players. I don't mean to sound like an ass, but CE players don't have anywhere else to go right now, so it's frustrating to see people voting Halo 3 or Halo 2 in the TS playlist when they can play those games anytime they want. 

If I go into the TS playlist (which I very rarely do) it's because I'm in the mood for mixing it up. I'm not in TS to play a single game. Depending on my options is how I'll cast my vote. So no, I don't vote H3 every time just like I don't vote CE everytime. You have to admit that TS is NOT A CE PLAYLIST. Get over it, you will have your playlist eventually, but in the meantime deal with it.

In terms of BTB, then yes, I am more likely to vote H3 every time since that is my favorite BTB game.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

The new A40s (at least on their website) doesn't have a traditional "black" color option, only a dark grey option, which might be why yours are that color.

That's what I figured but wasn't too sure. Sucks they got rid of the traditional black/white and white/black headsets. Now it's dark grey and white/orange. I know it's just a color, but still.

Well, I can't find games anymore. Awesome.

Pretty sure it's XBL, not Halo.

At this point, the game needs to to be recalled.

I'm sure that 343 Industries has good intentions trying to patch it. But it's obvious it's hardly working.

I suspect that the game wasn't weeks from completion, but months, and once they realized that they couldn't possibly hit the deadline, they went into crunch mode and pasted together what they had any old way and crossed their fingers. Not only was the result a broken game, but in the process, the code got jumbled so bad that it ended up effectively unpatchable.

I don't blame the developers. Given how the Xbox One UI also stinks pretty bad, everything is quite likely the result of mismanagement by corporate bean counters. The same people responsible for RROD, killing the Perfect Dark and Banjo-Kazooie franchises, as well as that irreversible controller deadzone update...

• Upvote (+1) 4
  • Downvote (-1) 2

At this point, the game needs to to be recalled.

I'm sure that 343 Industries has good intentions trying to patch it. But it's obvious it's hardly working.

I suspect that the game wasn't weeks from completion, but months, and once they realized that they couldn't possibly hit the deadline, they went into crunch mode and pasted together what they had any old way and crossed their fingers. Not only was the result a broken game, but in the process, the code got jumbled so bad that it ended up effectively unpatchable.

I don't blame the developers. Given how the Xbox One UI also stinks pretty bad, everything is quite likely the result of mismanagement by corporate bean counters. The same people responsible for RROD, killing the Perfect Dark and Banjo-Kazooie franchises, as well as that irreversible controller deadzone update...

Yah man. They should just stop the game completely. It's completely broken. I haven't found a game in weeks!

• Upvote (+1) 4

Playing Halo 3 9 times in a row is frustrating because if I wanted that I would play the Halo 3 playlist.

Also if it could stop having Ghost Town as the Halo 3 map that'd be fantastic. Why the hell do I keep getting Ghost Town!

I  know how you feel I swear some of these kids will pick Halo 3 no matter what it's fucking annoying since the H3 gametypes in TS are nearly always AR starts and for me it's snowbound that comes up way too fucking much.  :kappa:

I  know how you feel I swear some of these kids will pick Halo 3 no matter what it's fucking annoying since the H3 gametypes in TS are nearly always AR starts and for me it's snowbound that comes up way too fucking much.  :kappa:

Why were shielded doors even a thing. 

Jesus. Guess SMG starts are here to stay.... :(

https://www.halowaypoint.com/en-us/forums/84ad72a8b51847978545f685f651fc15/topics/smg-starts-make-the-match-feel-so-good/226337df-4447-4560-8d38-8fcd039b1105/posts

Thread - SMG Starts make the game feel so good!

Everyone is struggling for power weapons, everyone is moving around the map, the whole dynamic shifts and there are no campers. Close encounters feel much more intense and it feels thrilling when you take risks to pursue that better weapon.In contrast on every BR start people just stay in a closed perimeter, they don't search for better weapons since the BR is more than enough, everyone is shooting from a far and in a predictable pattern, there is no tension or improvise and the whole match feels static. BR starts goes against what Halo should be, it promotes stagnation instead of risk takig and power weapon struggles.

Gemini doors were worse than shield doors cause you couldn't see through them

Imagine if they were completely silent when opening.

The horror.