CyReN

Halo: The Master Chief Collection Discussion

I understand that they want to fix matchmaking first, but cant they just release a playlist for halo ce already so ppl who bought this game for halo ce atleast have a chance to play it without worrying to end up playing another game?

I know for sure that any halo ce fan would be super happy for a halo ce playlist in the current state of this game. Its playable! We played on xbc years ago, we can handle bad netcode if you know what i mean.

Its been a month now, come on 343 your really testing our patience.

I know i keep ranting about this but i just wanna play halo ce and its so frustrated losing vote after vote after vote sighhh

• Upvote (+1) 3

Not it wasn't. It dumbed down cqc and had players just charging in with melees, it was silly. The melee systems in h1 and h2 promoted gun play and made going in for melee's way more skillful. We are trying to play the most skillful version of halo, correct? or do we just want the more simple shit?

None of this has anything to do with the melee system tho. which was my point of "play h2c" to see how similar the melees worked between h2c and h2a.

Difference between now and back in the day is that we now play H2V on MCC which has no skillgap with that aim assist and the hitbox size of a warthog.

Halo 2 is just not shining bright anymore especially with all these buggs on MCC they should never took H2V into Xbone.

Got 5v5 Warlord CTF game this morning before work. Definitely wasn't on dedis and for some reason I was the only player in the game who had issues with the teleporters; each time I'd go through I'd immediately get warped back to my entry point facing 180 degrees from my initial angle. Basically walking into a portal just meant I'd get some disorientation followed by staring at a wall, and it persisted throughout the whole game.

Otherwise it found the game quickly and made the team even. Not a bad post-patch experience all things considered.

Starting to give up on MCC, its been like 5 patches? I stopped counting and every time nothing changes. Just something to get our hopes up for the next patch and the next patch...etc etc

Halo 3 Feels like shit

Halo 2 has terrible playlist just like everything else

Halo 2 anniversary feels like shit as well

No one wants to play Halo CE and as much as i love that game i can only play so few games of it myself. 

This is a fucking joke, like seriously 343 I'm speechless, You guys fucking suck and to top it all off your Halo 5 game looks like complete fucking trash

Sounds like you have shit internet.

H2A feels great and Halo 3 feels better then ever.

When you take away the uneven teams and glitches the games themselves are great! And this patch goes along way to helping them issues.

Use People finder section and play customs. CE customs are available.

"H2a playlist sucks" like what even is that comment. How can a playlist with slayer and obj suck?

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Got 5v5 Warlord CTF game this morning before work. Definitely wasn't on dedis and for some reason I was the only player in the game who had issues with the teleporters; each time I'd go through I'd immediately get warped back to my entry point facing 180 degrees from my initial angle. Basically walking into a portal just meant I'd get some disorientation followed by staring at a wall, and it persisted throughout the whole game.

Otherwise it found the game quickly and made the team even. Not a bad post-patch experience all things considered.

Everytime I portaled last night it would turn me around too

Everytime I portaled last night it would turn me around too

Damn. I wonder if it's just a connection thing or an actual bug.

Add this to the list :(

i8VeSHh.png

UPDATE: For anyone getting the error above, I suggest changing the DNS settings in your Xbox One network settings temporarily.

Primary DNS - 8.8.8.8

Alternate DNS - 8.8.4.4

Then turn your connection offline, then online to make these settings kick in.

Don't forget to change DNS to automatic once it is downloaded :)

Good luck!

• Upvote (+1) 1

OK 343. Now that things are kind of working, it's time to turn those dedis back on! I'm sick of this P2P crap that the game was obviously not designed around.

Also can we get the initial playlists back? Really sick of playing SMG/AR starts and I just want to play Team Hardcore. Thanks.

• Upvote (+1) 6

I really wish there was a way to see the population from launch date to now. This games population has to be down the shitter already, maybe in August when this game is fixed it will bring back a few, but I would bet 40% of people who bought this game on launch have already made up their mind to never touch it again. The fact that Titanfall had a better matchmaking/party system than MCC is just pants on head ********. 343 is done, I don't see anything being able to resurrect this franchise now, which is heartbreaking.

I really wish there was a way to see the population from launch date to now. This games population has to be down the shitter already, maybe in August when this game is fixed it will bring back a few, but I would bet 40% of people who bought this game on launch have already made up their mind to never touch it again. The fact that Titanfall had a better matchmaking/party system than MCC is just pants on head ********. 343 is done, I don't see anything being able to resurrect this franchise now, which is heartbreaking.

There are a couple people that I meet several times a day when queing TS/H2C. I live in Germany where Xbox/Halo has never been all that popular and I'd imagine it tries to match me with others from Central Europe since it's supposed to run on dedis. But still, the fact that I have been matched like 20+ times with some people 1 month into launch is kinda worrying. I just hope that whenever everything is fixed people will come back to this game, I was sorta planning on playing this until the Xbox One Servers are shut down.

I was watching my Upload  clips the other day to delete some etc. and I had two clips from Team Hardcore and it just made me super sad that it's gone. Just gimme my hardcore back 343, pls.

Yeah the dedicated servers should come back now, unless by some chance they would mess things up. Again. With this game who even knows. Pretty much all the matchmaking issues have been resolved right? All we have left is party splits and 5v5s

I didn't even have to quit the build last night

It worries me that he says changing from 5v5 to 4v4 is complicated. 

After last nights update, Big Team Battle became 8v8 again.

• Upvote (+1) 3

Yeah but isn't max party size 4 for BTB

Yeah, but still - seems like they were comfortable changing it back to 8v8 after the update. Leaving it as max party size 4 was a mistake (Bravo was tweeting about it).

• Upvote (+1) 1

That answer is a big pile of bull - sh##

• Upvote (+1) 1

Now I am not a developer of any kind and besides my school IT knowledge, I have no clue how to develop a game. But does it trouble anyone else that it's not just modifying parameters? I mean it was 4v4 for like the first couple of days and they even said that they changed it to 5v5 on purpose. I could see that the fact that games are run on p2p atm would make it harder to change it as I would imagine that on dedis the server dictates team size, but how fucked up is your game when changing max players is more complicated than setting a couple numbers?

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Fixed

I thought they only fixed it so you could actually run in straight lines? Did they fix the movement delay too?

H3 reticle movement speed still feels kinda funny to me but it may be cause I was playing at 2 sens for an entire month to compensate for the screw up and just went back to 3

I thought they only fixed it so you could actually run in straight lines? Did they fix the movement delay too?

Yeah it still feels KINDA weird. Something is off but I am not sure what

I don't understand why it is so broken and why every update hasn't done much. Im nowhere close to a developer so I don't have a clue, but I was under the assumption that 1-2 updates would fix almost everything major, like MM and the UI issues. 

Can someone a little more well versed educate me, what the hell is taking so long? 

It just blows my mind that they can't get something like MM right when we had to technology for simple MM back in like 2004. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

People on this forum will hate H3 to no end. H3 is an underrated game on these forums, and it plays great when shots connect (which in MCC is pretty much always)

A competitive discussion board will bash on halo 3's competitive side, and rightfully so. Even if shots connect the utility rifle has a long kill time (about 3 times the average human reaction time giving players a while to react to a situation), inability to shoot consistently from red to blue on heretic due to lack of BR range, random BR spread, depthless melee system, sluggish strafing mechanics that add nothing to the skill gap, the list goes on...

From a casual standpoint, halo 3 was great for things like Jenga, infection, rocket race, ect... It also introduced theater and forge which were great additions to the franchise. Looking at the competitive side of the game though, it is lacking the same way that its are successors lacking with slow gameplay and lack of depth.

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Didn't realize this was an issue? Care to share a few specifics?