CyReN

Halo: The Master Chief Collection Discussion

1st game paired with 7, then 8, then 6, then 9, then 6, then 10, then 8, then 6, then 7, then 9, then 8 and finally started 10 minutes in.

After that I got games quickly, stayed with my party, mostly 4v4 with some 5v5.

But all getting matches has shown is how piss-poor the netcode is and how dominating the host advantage can be. Every game there's one bullet-sponge that can't be killed going 28-2. It's almost better not getting matches...

If it wasn't for the fact I convinced several other people to by an Xbone and MCC I would have fucking tossed this heap of shit into the lake by now. I'm only sticking with it out of some false hope it becomes playable so I don't look like a dick for talking them into it.

I have found that when the Battle Rifle/ Sniper Rifle Reticule is red in H2C the bullets register decently, but when it's not red they register pathetically. 

Very very very unusual. Even tried it in a custom game with friends, I moved around the back of Coagulation and he tried to snipe me at 5x zoom, barely hit a single shot (I could see his screen, he definitely was hitting me on his end) and then he zoomed in to 10x zoom, red reticule, headshot registered every time. 

Weird and stupid.

Yea I noticed this too. I've been playing pretty much only big team since the uneven teams is too much to handle in smaller playlists and trying to snipe/br across the map in Coag is so fucking frustrating.

I'd 100% disagree. It only felt watered down because leading shots online was horrible.

On lan the game was amazing, and the features that h3 had were phenomenal. 

I would add with the addition of forge and plethora of custom game options, halo 3 was insanely fun to play with friends.

Things like jenga, bumper hog, fat kid, predator, tourney of 8, etc. There was a lot of crazy fun to be had. 

Has 343 said why they're doing this? I don't understand how it's beneficial?

Find out more on next week's episode of The Content Update!

• Upvote (+1) 2

Dont even buy an Xbox One. What a gabage console, I had the misfourtune of trading in my 360(and all my games) for the damn thing and buying MCC just for it to not work a fucking month later!

yea I agree on the console sucking. My brother just bought it for DA3 because of some BF deal. Since I don't even play DA3 I personally wouldn't buy a next gen until sf5

I personally wouldn't buy a next gen until sf5

Why buy a console for fighting game that will be on PC and will have more fightstick support?

• Upvote (+1) 3

Honestly there's no point for consoles. A console is a nudered PC anyway.

Like back in the day Consoles were much better for gaming, but now it's just sad how far behind consoles have fallen.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I will say Xbox One is the worst console i have ever owned. Like it has so many fps drops it is terrible.MS Should have made it powerful and stop trying to shove kinect up peoples asses. 

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Why buy a console for fighting game that will be on PC and will have more fightstick support?

might as well get ps4 exclusives and locals/tournaments will use ps4 for sf5 so I'll need a ps4 stick anyways.

So I played for a few hours played all even matches didn't crash once and found games in under a minute #WeBack ?

• Upvote (+1) 3

Wtf r u talking about ^

I don't know man, can't read?

Consoles.

People were talking about the Xbox One, so I posted my input. Sorry that you can't read or whatever. 

• Upvote (+1) 3
  • Downvote (-1) 4

Like back in the day Consoles were much better for gaming, but now it's just sad how far behind consoles have fallen.

Pretty much. Especially since you can easily hook a PC up to a TV now and use things like Steamplay and just use a controller anyway.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I am beginning to come to this revelation myself... especially since creating games for consoles has a bar too high for indie devs... I turned to laptops over desktops years ago, but now i am seriously looking at a high end gaming desktop.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Starting to give up on MCC, its been like 5 patches? I stopped counting and every time nothing changes. Just something to get our hopes up for the next patch and the next patch...etc etc

Halo 3 Feels like shit

Halo 2 has terrible playlist just like everything else

Halo 2 anniversary feels like shit as well

No one wants to play Halo CE and as much as i love that game i can only play so few games of it myself. 

This is a fucking joke, like seriously 343 I'm speechless, You guys fucking suck and to top it all off your Halo 5 game looks like complete fucking trash

• Upvote (+1) 3
  • Downvote (-1) 3

So I shoot up the XB1 for the first time in a few days to see how terrible the patch is and get a game after 5 minutes, 4v4 Ball Warlock......and someone on the other team does the sign out glitch, I immediately just quit.

I Decide to stick with it and get a another game straight away(only took 1 month) 5v5 on Warlock and my teammate this time does it and were down a man.

It's great that some of you have been getting actual games 1 month after launch and all but it's pretty much a waste of time If people can just sign out during the match without risking a penalty. kinda makes you wish MCC was tested.

Great progress 343i! only a month into launch and you've gone from Alpha stage to near Beta congrats.

Going to trade in the XB1 before I go abroad and get a PC when I come back.

Starting to give up on MCC, its been like 5 patches? I stopped counting and every time nothing changes. Just something to get our hopes up for the next patch and the next patch...etc etc

Halo 3 Feels like shit

Halo 2 has terrible playlist just like everything else

Halo 2 anniversary feels like shit as well

No one wants to play Halo CE and as much as i love that game i can only play so few games of it myself. 

This is a fucking joke, like seriously 343 I'm speechless, You guys fucking suck and to top it all off your Halo 5 game looks like complete fucking trash

Woah man watch out man you should be grateful your getting 5 broken games in one dude!

Don't hate on Halo 5 you haven't even played it man IT Has a beta and Spartan Abilities add Tactical play yo!!! And and IT has Dev Support!.

• Upvote (+1) 9

I'd 100% disagree. It only felt watered down because leading shots online was horrible.

On lan the game was amazing, and the features that h3 had were phenomenal. 

Features, yes.  Forge and Theater were awesome.  But the gameplay was an extremely simplified version of Halo.  The only things it did better than H2 were sniping and static weapon spawns, and we had to "trick" the system to pull that one off, which resulted in "dirtying", which essentially created the same problem all over again.

It felt watered down because it was watered down, even on LAN.  The game, at its core, was tic tac toe.  H1 was chess, H2 was checkers, H3 was tic tac toe.

Edit to be on topic:  I tried the patch tonight.  Took much longer to get a game than it did a few days ago, in four different playlists.  I finally got a game, and my lobby voted SMG starts on Warlord over Chill Out.  Someone quit out as soon as the vote was finalized (can't blame them), and we started the game 5 on 3.  Hooray, patch.

• Upvote (+1) 3

Why are so many kids that clearly have no business playing the HCS playlist playing it right now? It's really frustrating. I'm not the greatest player ever, but I'm not goin huge neg every single game. Seeing so many people drop double digit negs in that playlist on my team and it's frustrating as hell.

• Downvote (-1) 1