CyReN

Halo: The Master Chief Collection Discussion

If it were this easy it would already be done. 

Reducing the time it takes to find a match also has a hand in why they didn't switch it I assume. I still find it annoying, just to be clear.

Do you really believe this? This is like, up there.... almost Illuminati taking over the world bullshit. 

343 didn't even make the maps. A whole different company did. 

343 didn't make any of MCC 

ummm....this is 343's project my man. They chose which maps and which company will remake them. You can't possibly think the studios the project got outsourced to were the ones who decided what went into the MCC. This is 343's game, they chose to not remake midship, not certain affinity. 343 chose to only remake ascension, warlock, sanctuary and coagulation, not certain affinity. This is common sense man.

When the midship successor was announced for H5 I saw a lot of ppl saying "oh, so this is why it wasn't remade for H2A". You gotta be blind or naive to not see the obvious. Middy will be used to lure us in for H5 because of it's popularity so it was excluded from H2A (the game 343 chose to support for competitive play and pretty gfx to fit in with current gen shooters).

With that said, i'm looking forward to seeing what forge maps will be used to inject some life and new meta into competitive H2A.

• Upvote (+1) 3
  • Downvote (-1) 2

ummm....this is 343's project my man. They chose which maps and which company will remake them. You can't possibly think the studios the project got outsourced to were the ones who decided what went into the MCC. This is 343's game, they chose to not remake midship, not certain affinity. 343 chose to only remake ascension, warlock, sanctuary and coagulation, not certain affinity. This is common sense man.

When the midship successor was announced for H5 I saw a lot of ppl saying "oh, so this is why it wasn't remade for H2A". You gotta be blind or naive to not see the obvious. Middy will be used to lure us in for H5 because of it's popularity so it was excluded from H2A (the game 343 chose to support for competitive play and pretty gfx to fit in with current gen shooters).

With that said, i'm looking forward to seeing what forge maps will be used to inject some life and new meta into competitive H2A.

I doubt A large sprint based Midship will/would be used to lure players.Definitely the more competitive players who want Midship on Halo 2A

I think they are leaning on ADS, and Sprint to bring players. I don't mean to sound like an ass or anything but I could see Midship not be remade because they planned on it being in Halo 5 but it isn't some scheme that the evil geniuses at 343 devised with the Illuminati as their selling point of Halo 5. Halo 5 midship looks terrible imo anyways. And yes I too would like to see good forge maps for H2A. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

Jeez you guys need to mellow out. Whether his 50 is real or not, who gives a damn? Leave the poor kid alone.

I wouldn't pick on him exclusively. But many people are aware of the exploit and they are absolutely ruining that playlist.

Also there is absolutely no way his or anybody's level above even 30 is legit.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I remember in the making of master chief collection documentary certain affinity said they only wanted to make 4 maps and 343 forced 6 on them and they didn't know if they could do it. People don't understand 343 didn't really do anything and that they are making halo 5.

What they should do is release the map editor to the public, ask us to remake the maps for them + a few new ones.

It's proprietary software that will never be used again. I don't see why not. It would make h2A 10x better.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Holy shit you know what would be awesome!?

If they had an in-game poll of which Halo 2 map you want remade. They start developing the top 3 maps and release it for free.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Level 50s aren't getting matched with level 1s then?

Do you think those LvL 50's are real lol? Besides, there are too many resets going on. The player pool (by players, I mean ones not gong through constant rank resets) isn't large enough for it to work correctly. It's more of fault with 343 than the ranking system itself.

Level 50s aren't getting matched with level 1s then?

right now, you can match any1. regardless of rank. even in the ranked playlist

Holy shit you know what would be awesome!?

If they had an in-game poll of which Halo 2 map you want remade. They start developing the top 3 maps and release it for free.

Dude they should of done this weeks ago when they knew us players were going to have to get compensation. That would of been pretty cool of them actually. 

Do you think those LvL 50's are real lol? Besides, there are too many resets going on. The player pool (by players, I mean ones not gong through constant rank resets) isn't large enough for it to work correctly. It's more of fault with 343 than the ranking system itself.

50s should NEVER match with anyone below a 35 whether they're legit or not. That's how it's always worked and should continue to work. They should sit there waiting for games if there is no one else on in that skill range because if they do match someone lower, it should be an auto-win which is no fun for either side.

I have my doubts about the level matching gap being a result of all the other match making problems too. Seems almost like it was by design. I saw somewhere that there was another "underlying skill detection" system, which clearly doesn't work if you ask me, and also doesn't seem fair.

Let's say the underlying system is on a scale from 1-1000. The system "detects" one person as a 950 and another as a 450 after 10 games. The 950 ends up around a level 10 and the 450 gets some good teammates and luck and ends up around an 8. Who do you think will have easier games and as a result level up (in the 1-50 system) easier?

Of course I could be completely off and there is no underlying system, but I'd be surprised if 343 didn't try to reinvent the wheel because clearly what they're doing now is working better than how everything worked in 2004.

im sure that once 343 fixes the matchmaking times 100% people will be matched with similarly skilled players in ranked. I think they have stated this somewhere too, but im not sure were

50s should NEVER match with anyone below a 35 whether they're legit or not. That's how it's always worked and should continue to work. They should sit there waiting for games if there is no one else on in that skill range because if they do match someone lower, it should be an auto-win which is no fun for either side.

I have my doubts about the level matching gap being a result of all the other match making problems too. Seems almost like it was by design. I saw somewhere that there was another "underlying skill detection" system, which clearly doesn't work if you ask me, and also doesn't seem fair.

Let's say the underlying system is on a scale from 1-1000. The system "detects" one person as a 950 and another as a 450 after 10 games. The 950 ends up around a level 10 and the 450 gets some good teammates and luck and ends up around an 8. Who do you think will have easier games and as a result level up (in the 1-50 system) easier?

Of course I could be completely off and there is no underlying system, but I'd be surprised if 343 didn't try to reinvent the wheel because clearly what they're doing now is working better than how everything worked in 2004.

The system has nothing to work with since there are not enough high levels to match up against due to all the resets.

Is Certain Affinity just 8 idiots in a small office in the back of the 343 studio? Everything they've ever done seems to indicate so.

I don't want to make them sound like a insignificant developer, but yeah, pretty much. They are the Halo B-team.

The system has nothing to work with since there are not enough high levels to match up against due to all the resets.

there are plenty of people searching h2a ranked, and there are plenty of high levels. just because resets happen, doesn't mean almost every1 is sub10. 

Halo died when halo 2 was released. Im done, lmk when we get a h1 port (the real thing) there should be a whole different community for h1, it has no relation AT ALL with these other shit games. 

Would have gladly bought an xbox 1 and mcc for the chance to play on dedis with good netcode for h1. Instead I get nothing and get to watch the hcs starring a remake of a garbage game that somehow made it even worse....and only has 3 maps. Smash community did it and we cant. Keep letting the same company that killed you, dictate what game you play and what tournament you watch. what a joke. 

I stood and watched out of pure desperation, hung on for the slightest chance that people would see halo 1 is the only game that has any merit. Fun for casuals and the hardcore all the same. But nah lets play halo 2,3,4 and shoot cross map all day never killing anyone and calling out everything. Low skill gaps and long kill times, thats what make a REAL game eh? at least anyone can snipe right? oh now snipes a power weapon? hahaha what a joke.

Drunk.

and

Done. GGs

• Upvote (+1) 7
  • Downvote (-1) 12

Is Certain Affinity just 8 idiots in a small office in the back of the 343 studio? Everything they've ever done seems to indicate so.

Well they're in Austin instead of Seattle. But yeah, they are 343's personal bitches.